Start of Day 4

Lottie-kins

Nice and Normal
Well it's day 4 of SS and I think I've started Ketosis - I started running about yesterday afternoon at work like a loon and I woke about 3:30 this morning instead of the usual 5am, which always seems to happen to - is this normal??? I love it when the first 3 days are out of the way, saying no seems to be easier and a positive habit seems to form.

I've updated my ticker and I'm pleased to say that I lost another couple of pounds, which takes me to 5lb since Tuesday morning (I didn't weigh myself Monday morning as I couldn't face it!!!).

Anyway...it's exactly 12 weeks until my wedding tomorrow and so this time I need to stay focussed and on track. I've got to get my head right this time and stick with it, as I know with exercise and effort on SS, I can make a big difference, even though I haven't left myself enough time to hit my goal.

So, I've decided to spew my thoughts on here each day and try and get any negative thoughts out that way. :)

Anyway, good luck to you all for the day ahead - we can do it!!! I'm just off for my swim and I'm going to visualise my bingo wings disappearing as I swim each length.

Hi Lottie, congrats on hitting ketosis and having so much energy:) .

It's so exciting when you counting down in small numbers to your wedding isn't it? What an incentive to carry on SSing and exercising.

You sound so positive I have no doubts you will acheive your goal:D Have a great day.

Last edited:
Thanks Nat :) - I'm a bit scared actually, those weeks are a bit too close now and I probably can't fit a leg in my dress yet!

We need to lose about the same, so I'll keep an eye out for you and maybe we can support each other (?) - especially as we are both early birds and are starting about the same time!!

Done 40 lengths and now have come home to get ready before work, but I have to pass the PC to go upstairs to my hairdryer, which is always bad news.

have a great day and thanks again for the support...

Hi Lottie,

It is great to be in ketosis as it does make the diet so much easier and you do get use to the water consumption after awhile and find that your body does adjust and you don't have to be running off t he loo as much.

Good luck on your weight loss journey and with all the water and the diet combined you will have the most wonderful complexion on your big day.

Love Mini xxx

Congrats!

Good for you ... I really admire you for what you've decided to do .... I got married in May and only wished I'd heard of the miracle that is CD well before then - I could have looked lovely and slim instead of squeezing into my dress and, although looking slim my arms gave it away!!! Feckin' bingo wings! :(
Good luck and have a truely amazing day - take it all in as much as you can - it goes soooo quick, it really does and before you know it its midnight and cinders has to get off to bed with new hubbie oo-er! ;)
Enjoy! I wish I could go back and do it again it was fantasic!
x

Well done Lottie, keep on going. :)

I am only a few days ahead of you and it does get easier. Having this forum too with all its great advice is fantstic. I have learnt so much just going through old posts.

With everyones support it makes it easier and you dont feel on your own.

Deb x

Thanks Nat :) - I'm a bit scared actually, those weeks are a bit too close now and I probably can't fit a leg in my dress yet!

We need to lose about the same, so I'll keep an eye out for you and maybe we can support each other (?) - especially as we are both early birds and are starting about the same time!!

Done 40 lengths and now have come home to get ready before work, but I have to pass the PC to go upstairs to my hairdryer, which is always bad news.

have a great day and thanks again for the support...

Of course you'll get into your dress - you are doing ALL the right things:D
It would be lovely to support each other:) I try to get up before the kids so as to jump on before I get lost in the day! Having said that I can always find '5' minutes to get on here;)

Well done!

It will get easier from now on. I only had a bit of a pickle this week - but I have now had a word with myself and it's all sorted. Good Luckx

Hi Lottie,
I am also on day 4 of CD and have also been awake since 3.30 but didn't think to connect it with the diet!
I am also trying to lose weight before my wedding tho it's not till March 06 and i'm not wearing a wedding dress as such so the pressure isn't nearly the same but as Nat says you are doing all the right things so you can't fail!
Sending you lots of positive vibes - i look forward to reading more about your journey

Best wishes,
Jeanie x

Jeanie

Hope your wedding isn't March 06 darling because if you weren't there then you've missed it.....:D :D

Good luck for March 07 :) :)

I'm looking forwards to seeing all these bride pictures posted up on the gallery :) :)

Hi Lottie,
I am also on day 4 of CD and have also been awake since 3.30 but didn't think to connect it with the diet!
I am also trying to lose weight before my wedding tho it's not till March 06 and i'm not wearing a wedding dress as such so the pressure isn't nearly the same but as Nat says you are doing all the right things so you can't fail!
Sending you lots of positive vibes - i look forward to reading more about your journey

Best wishes,
Jeanie x

LOL! Yes it always happens to me - I just seem to need less sleep when I'm in Ketosis, it's like I should be tired now, but I think could sit here talking about dieting all night!!! I sent you a PM earlier actually, not knowing that you had replied to my posting - I was basically offering support as your story sounded very similar to mine (although I wasn't being bullied at work). Now, I hear that you are planning your wedding as well, we must have a message chat or maybe buddy up!!? My diet and my wedding are my two obsessions at the moment and theres no room for anything else! I'm running out of things to make LOL!

What are you wearing if you aren't wearing a dress? I've got two dresses - my dream dress (says its a 14 but more like a 12) and then my back up (size 16). They are both lovely, but I'm hoping to wear the smaller one - I'm seeing a seamstress on Monday to see if worst-case-scenario it can be taken out.

See what I mean? A mention of a wedding and I go off on one :) :)

Of course you'll get into your dress - you are doing ALL the right things:D
It would be lovely to support each other:) I try to get up before the kids so as to jump on before I get lost in the day! Having said that I can always find '5' minutes to get on here;)

Thank you for the positive affirmations!!! :) Cool, my alarm goes off at 5, as I need to wake up before I leave for the pool, so if you are awake and on, we can have a goss - I cant help but weigh everyday, so I'll be posting on my diary (which I'm starting in the morn I think!).

Have a good night!

Good for you ... I really admire you for what you've decided to do .... I got married in May and only wished I'd heard of the miracle that is CD well before then - I could have looked lovely and slim instead of squeezing into my dress and, although looking slim my arms gave it away!!! Feckin' bingo wings! :(
Good luck and have a truely amazing day - take it all in as much as you can - it goes soooo quick, it really does and before you know it its midnight and cinders has to get off to bed with new hubbie oo-er! ;)
Enjoy! I wish I could go back and do it again it was fantasic!
x

You could do it again? ... You can always have your vows renewed when you get to goal and re-invent your pictures? It might be great incentive for keeping going as well if you enjoyed the big day that much?

Well done Lottie, keep on going. :)

I am only a few days ahead of you and it does get easier. Having this forum too with all its great advice is fantstic. I have learnt so much just going through old posts.

With everyones support it makes it easier and you dont feel on your own.

Deb x

Cheers hun - yes you are right, its a great community and I'm already becoming addicted :)

Me thinks you are going to like it here - and become a teeny weeny bit addicted:rolleyes:

Glad your enjoying it here - told you you would!

See you next week hun - I've emailed you btw

love

You could do it again? ... You can always have your vows renewed when you get to goal and re-invent your pictures? It might be great incentive for keeping going as well if you enjoyed the big day that much?

Wow what a fab idea ... oh hubbies wallet will be trembling in fear when I mention that tonight lol!!! Great idea!!! Thank you!
And yes .... I loved it THAT much! :D
Good luck and that 12/14 WILL fit perfectly!
x

Hi Lottie,
I PM'd you back before I read this so thought I would post here too.
I am WELL IMPRESSED at you setting the alarm to go swimming!! Although i haven't needed my alarm since i had my baby 7 months ago!

My wedding (well spotted Mrs Roch, 07 NOT 06 tho would be typical of me to miss my own wedding!) is a secret from all our family and friends, right until the not-so-big day so I have no-one to talk bout it to (apart from BF of course, HE knows about it! LOL). Perhaps I should go along to the brides thread too?

Hope you have a good day. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jeanie x

Back