Start of something good - hopefully!

emsg

Hi there,

I'm 26 years old, I weigh in at 16 stone 11lbs. My heaviest weight was 18 stone 10lbs. Ideally I'd like to get down to 9 stone 5lbs, then I could say "I'm half the person I used to be!" but I would be happy to vary between 10 stone and 10 stone 7lbs. I will be ordering my first month's worth of S&S next week, and starting on 2nd July.

Basically, I've always been on the heavy side, never had the energy or get up and go that my brother has. He can't sit still for more than 5 minutes! I wish I could be like that. There are a few things coming up for me and I need to lose weight. I've tried other diets like S&S but never stuck to them for longer than a month, this time that just isn't an option. I've just come back from a really wonderful holiday. I had a great time, however the whole time I felt fat and uncomfortable (as I always do). I can't put myself through all of that anymore.

So things I am aiming for: My cousin is getting married on 11th August. I'd love to be able to wear a dress and feel at least a little bit comfortable. I don't want to ruin his wedding photos!
Also I will be getting a new uniform at work in October, and would like to look good in it. I know it's probably a stupid thing to think, but I'd hate to give off the wrong impression to my new employers.
One more thing is that I've got a 4 year old niece, who is so energetic and deserves her auntie to be running round after her and mucking about with her. I've also got a 5 month old niece, who will be running round before I know it! I'd like to be able to keep up with the pair of them, not just sitting and watching and being a boring auntie! I haven't even got my age to blame for not having any energy!

I've just a few questions.
1: how much is the average to lose within the first few weeks?
2: I've not really got a target date, but how long would it take to lose around 6 stone?
and finally 3: how easy is it to keep the weight off? I don't want to be kicking myself after losing it all and then I end up moaning about it again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ta!

Hi!

You don't seem to have had any response to your questions and I'm not sure I can provide you with all the answers, but I do know that with any vlcd you can expect to lose about a stone a month. Slim and Save is my first vlcd, though I've worked my way through plenty of other diets over the years.

I started this one on June 1st and since then have lost about a stone and a half, so you could probably lose a stone before that wedding. I am finding it relatively easy as I opted to do the three pack plus 100g protein, and use the vegetable allowance and the milk (this is my salvation really as I can't drink tea without milk and I can't live without drinking tea!!). I'm never hungry, and it seems to have become a fairly normal way of eating for me - I have my protein usually at breakfast, sometimes with mushrooms or spinach, then a soup for lunch, a meal and most of the veg allowance in the early evening, and a bar or shake as a treat later on.

Keeping the weight off? I think planning is key, and although it's early days I find it inspiring to look at Weasey's re-feed plan, and also posts on the forum by Bordersgirl - check out Slim And Save for lots of info!

I too am aiming to be half the person I was, and am well on the way there, having lost 5stone on other diets before finding Slim and Save. This time I really can see myself succeeding.

Best of luck for your progress x

Last edited:
Back