Started Atkins please help!!

That's not true of most wines morenchica, the dry red I normally drink is about 3 or four carbs the bottle.

Hi, just been following your thread, good to hear you're getting on well with this way of eating. If you're not happy with your losses(which are great, btw) get out your tape measure! you'll notice inch loss even if the pounds are slow to disappear. Good luck. X

hiya bad
thanks am enjoying this way of eating its something ave never done before and I wish I had measured myself from day 1!
I am going on my jollys in 7 weeks and wanted to lose as much as poss but i will just have to see what happens
best thing about atkins diet is i can still do this diet whilst am away on holiday which is great for me
I think ave gone a done something i shouldnt cos I am still doing the induction and i was finding my food was dry and wanted a sauce to put on it and I saw on 1 of these threads a sauce with soft cheese and cream and last few days ave been making it and pouring it over my meat, I have been counting my carbs into my 20 a day though but looking at the acceptable list soft cheese isnt it on is it so I probs best cut it out! damn bought about 5 tubs of seriously strong chedder sofr cheese lmao

You'll probably be able to find some sauces in the recipe sticky. X

ave just checked my acceptable list again in my atkins book and i can eat soft cheese woohoo so my sauce is probs ok and am still in deep purple kertosis which am really shocked cos of the amount of voddy and diet coke I got through on sat night lol

awww so bet am not burning fat just dehydrated gutted now lol
when i checked on thursday it was pink so probs to go deep purple it is dehydration, mind ave never put a carb across my lips that I havent counted or been allowed!
wonder how long alcohol stays in your system for?
its monday now and I drank sat night so hopefully its on its way out lol mind i drank alot so probs takes ages to go lol

Last edited:
eeek @ my liver haha

thanks Laura hun am starting to understand its a miracle for me chicks lol
mind I got on the scales earlier and it said i had gained 2lbs!!!!
what ave never cheated 1 bit honest lol whats going on? could be cos i always get weighed before my lunch and i know your body fluctuates during the day but 2lbs omg I havent not once gone over my 20 carbs or even nibbled on something i shouldnt am hoping its just my body fluctuating or when i get weighed on thursday and its still the same i am going to be crying :(

I have put on as much as 4lbs in a day, but come morning they've gone and often when I was on induction they've taken another pound with them Livy.

aww thanks thats made me feel much better cos i was stressing thinking what am i doing wrong am i not counting my carbs correctly but I will get on scales tommorrow and see what they say also am back to having breakfast rather than a atkins bar incase they not helping, mind I really struggle cos I only get 15 mins break and by the time i make something am due back off my break so the bars were so much easier but never mind.
i go to the gym at least 3 times and week so surely that should help my weight loss thats why i was little disappointed with my 1lb loss cos i worked so hard at the gym and i have never had a slip on this diet well apart from the drink like which was voddy and either coke zero or diet coke i know am naughty lol
no more drinking now though until my hols i need to continue losing for my bikini lol.xx

If you're working out and building muscle, you'll be slimmer but muscle weighs more than fat Livy.

Tut Tut, I just said that. LMAO

Not really, I'd probably just not quite posted it love. :)

loll yeah true it does which is great for my bikini

I wished ave never started eating them atkins bars cos since ave stopped eating them my sweet tooth is going mad :(
its worse now than when I 1st started ave got some sugar free jelly in the cupboard I might make it and have some cream!
however I have had:
1 tblspn of cream in my coffee
2tbspn of cream in my scrambled eggs this morning
I was gonna have cream in my dinner so maybes better not have any with my jelly as I might be overing doing it with the cream, my book says 4 tblspns to half cup of cream per day.
If I still feel like this am gonna have no cream in dinner and have a little over my jelly before I go mad lol:)

thanks laura sweetie and omg sent OH to shop for some cream as I am running out and hes bought elmlea double cream but it says 33% less fat than double cream and the carbs are loads more than the double cream am using from asda!!

elmlea 100ml 3.9g carbs
asda 100ml 2.6g carbs

last time I send him out to the shop for me lol

I think part of Atkins is retraining the way you eat and what you consider is nice. I never had access to any of the LC sweet stuff so eventually I just got to the point where I don't fancy sweet at all, I prefer savoury any day now.

I bought some Clipper liquorice tea yesterday. Doesn't really taste of liquorice, just like a herbal tea but I found it very sweet. Didn't have any nutrition panel, and the only ingredient is liquorice root. That might help if you're craving?

I think part of Atkins is retraining the way you eat and what you consider is nice. I never had access to any of the LC sweet stuff so eventually I just got to the point where I don't fancy sweet at all, I prefer savoury any day now.

Very true, Jim. Before I started Atkins the first time I used to have two sugars in my tea and couldn't imagine having it unsweetened. Now I would find sugary tea far too sickly! I used to struggle to drink water, too, I didn't like the taste or texture, but I'm the complete opposite now.

Funny how you can retrain your palate like that. I notice the natural sweetness in lots of things now, tomatoes, shallots, peppers, even button sprouts!

Oh yes, same here LM, lot's of veggies have a sweet taste to me now.

That's one of my fave things about Atkins! I had sun-dried tomatoes the other week and honestly, you could have fooled me they were fruit gums :D

oh yes, they are so sweet, taste like pure sugar Hooya.

Back