• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Started Atkins today after Lighterlife

sorcha

Likes to change diets...
Hi. I have been on Lighterlife since 16 June but have had to stop for financial reasons.
I'm starting atkins as of today as i feel it will be the easiet diet to follow with the same effects of ketosis.
Eating real food today has been emotional as I have been used to food packs for the past 9 weeks! I did used to pick at a bit of ham or cheese whilst on LL, so its not as if i was totally absitnent:)
Has anyone else finished LL and gone on to Atkins and if so how have you found the change over and weight loss?
I followed the Atkins diet about 6 years ago and lost weight pretty quickly...around 2 stone in 3months but put the weight back on ( and considerably more!!) after going through a very emotional time.
I dont intend putting on any of the weight I have already lost (41lbs ) but have around another 3 stone to lose.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

sorcha

Likes to change diets...
Thanks for the welcome dizzy and well done on your weight loss too!!!

I will probably have a week or 2 adjusting to the food intake but I know Atkins works...and you have proved that too!

welcome Sorcha! Good luck on your continued weight loss journey. At least you'll already be in ketosis, so the switch should be painless. You may/may not show a gain due to the increased calorie intake, but stick with it, and you'll soon be on the downward move.

sorcha

Likes to change diets...
Thanks missbiker....and wow to you on your weightloss so far and good luck too on your continued journey!:)
I've had a headache today as when you total up the carbs in LL packs them come to around 40g and today I have stuck to around 18g carbs, so maybe I will have a bit of time adjusting:)

Hi Sorcha and welcome to our little forum.