Started atkins today :)

Hi perkz and welcome, have you got the book or read the stickies at the top of this forum?

I have read the atkins website about induction, so i know what i am allowed and not allowed to eat.

Once induction period is over for me i will read about the next stage.

Im sticking to a strict induction, i have an event in 6 weeks time, so i am all up for losing as much as i can.

Like i said before i want to lose 54lb, is it true that i should (or optional) that i stay on induction for half of the weight id like to lose, so in this case 27lbs?

It's up to you really, I stayed on induction for 6 months, but then I had 12 stone to lose. :D

I see you have lost all 12 stone Jim, that it truley awsome, fair play.

I had lost 3 stone before for my holiday in 2006, but then failed to keep the weight off after my holiday, i also lost 2 stone in 2008, but then xmas ruined that for me to.

I am usualy good on diets untill ive cheated, once ive had a taste i just want more. Any advice?

P.s Ive never eaten veg, i just had some brocoli it wasnt as bad as i had thought! :)

Today has gone really well, ive had 3 filling meals and a ltr of water.

Im working with the boys all weekend, lets see how i get on, they will be eating mcd's no doubt!

Welcome to the new starters, looking forward to watching your journey, Imlosingit you took the words right out of my mind :D that is exactly my way of looking at it :)

Hello again,

Well thats the weekend out of the way, and i survived!:) Havnt cheated once, but last few days i have started to feel rough, especially with headache, sore throat and tiredness.
Thought i would weigh myself this morning to keep my motivation going and i had lost 10lb! i am over the moon, never imagined losing 10lb in 4 days!

44lb to go! :)

Hello to everyone and I'm new to this forum. I've already posted in another thread.

I'm not new to atkins did it back in 2007 and lost 50 pounds( 30 the first month and 20 the second month) but gained it back because I didn't change my lifestyle and went back to eating the way I did before that got me fat.

now I'm on day 5 of induction and I've lost 7 pounds already woohoo.. I drink at least 4 liters of water or more a day. I like water :) I know the diet works and now that I have this forum when I'm ready for maintence there is a support group out here.. I know I can and will do it and this time keep the weight off. I have 33 pounds to go :)

Hi Morenachica, good luck on your journey - great to see another water fan on here. Glad to hear that it worked for you before and so you can use that as motivation, looking forward to watching your progress.

Hello and welcome back to the Atkins WOE! Have a look at some of Jim's posts, they are proof that you CAN keep the weight off with maint and still have a delicious & varied diet. Really looking forward to reaching that stage again myself...

Hi lady and sparkles.. thanks for the encouragement.. I wish I had known about this forum when I did atkins back in 2007. It would of helped.

I've seen a few posts from Jim and he is not only very knowledge. For sure I'm going to ask him for advice on the maintence..

I'm looking forward to posting my weight loss and reading others.

1. Goal get into the 160s DONE :) June 17th
2. Goal get into the 150s
3. Goal get into the 140s
4. Goal get into the 130s
5. Goal Weight 130

Hello, I'm back. how it going?

Back