Started CD today!!!

Diddums, stop focusing on the amount you have to lose or you'll dishearten yourself. You have to focus on EVERY pound you lose because a pound off is a hard earned blessing!
You WILL do this! each day at a time xx

Hey Diddums,
I dont want to hijack this post but when i first started CD i was drawn to Lilypop, have a look for her posts and you can read her blog, she is a real inspiration to us all... and she is doing FAB !!!:eek::eek:

One of her posts is 'photos of me and my nephew 1 year on'.....its on the normal CD forum... I hope this helps;)

another newbie here, I started on 29th Dec, finding it okay, apart from beinmg really grumpy:eek: not sure if thats normal

Welcome

Welcome to all newbies.

Its not all easy, but If you can get through the first few days it will all seem worth while.

Once the llbs start coming off it is all worth effort!!

:DGood luck to all in 2009.:D

Well done Karen, I'm day 5 too and feel super proud of myself. I constantly ate before so was unsure whether I could eat nothing once I started CD but I've lasted this long so theres no stopping me now.

welshwench, i know exactly what you mean, and thats what i will be doing, 'savouring' every pound i lose, me and andy (bf) have set rewards for every stone i lose. And thats extra motivation :) How you finding it so far? What flavours you dont like? Or whats your favourite?

I'm from Plymouth too! I started SS today. I have a long way to go but can't wait to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe!

Jen I think we signed up together on Monday?

Hey efk, we did. hows it going?? I'm doing ok really. I had to take the soups back today because they were making me sick so sticking to shakes. You'll have to keep in touch as i'm going to get weighed on a sunday from now on so wont bump into you. Its good your here, starting the same time/ with the same CDC etc.

jen x

I had the leek and potato soup for my 'tea', it was really salty though! And I'm really hungry and trying to think of things to do to keep my mind off it. So far I've had a bath, painted my toenails and have a full face of make up for a night of Eastenders and Facebook! How sad am I!!

We'll definitely have to keep in touch and see how we're both getting on!!

Good luck,

Em xxx

I had the leek and potato soup for my 'tea', it was really salty though! And I'm really hungry and trying to think of things to do to keep my mind off it. So far I've had a bath, painted my toenails and have a full face of make up for a night of Eastenders and Facebook! How sad am I!!

We'll definitely have to keep in touch and see how we're both getting on!!

Good luck,

Em xxx

sounds like you're doin great :D water, water and MORE water.....keep gluggin

the worst is nearly over......stick with it !

Debz xx

Haha, em we sound like twins. I spend my nights with the soaps and facebook and now big brother to keep occupied, very sad but true!!!

we will definately keep in touch and we'll get there, eventually
jen xx

leek and potato soup tastes like wallpaper paste! and i've got another pack of it to get through before monday!

The vegetable soup is ok and so is chicken and mushroom, but i cant say i'd choose any of the others again.
Its nice to have it so it feels like your having a 'meal' instead of just a drink.
As for the shakes, toffee and walnut is delish xx

Hey, welshwench, thanks for getting back to me. I have ordered one of each basically, so i can see what i like and what i dont. Good luck for the weekend :) I'm chickening out and going to visit my mum for the weekend who is also doing SS so we can keep ourselves busy and not cheat lol

great idea going to your mums!
I bought a selection to try 1st time too, otherwise you get bored sticking to the same.
I also have them in different ways to vary it a bit, soup in a bowl or sometimes in a cup, cold shakes with ice and sometimes hot (this is especially good in the evening as its more filling!)
I almost fell off the wagon yesterday, i had a left over fish finger!!! and the worry is, i could have sooo easily just carried on scoffing as my taste buds went wild! there was all sorts of foods i was craving after that, cheese and onion roll, pizza, pate on toast! and i had it all in the cupboard just ready for eating!
Luckily i felt so guilty that i might have knocked myself out of ketosis, i ran a bath and had a chewing gum and it worked! I survived my first hiccup!!

well done welshwench! i know how you feel, once i start eating i cant seem to stop lol. im so pleased for you that you took control. im only on day 3 so im sure i will be facing lots of challanges on my journey.

Hey hun, well done for not letting your little slip throw you completely off-track. I feel I need to tell you that chewing gum is a complete no-go on CD as it's packed with carbs and in itself can kick you out of ketosis! Please avoid it :) you'll find it makes life easier! If you need to freshen up then moutwash or listerine strips are the best bet

xxx

Day two down! Been good all day, lots of water. I didn't like the Broccoli and Cheese soup though. I've got the Oriental Chilli one tomorrow so hopefully that will be nicer!

I 'treated' myself to new digital scales today too so I can weigh myself midweek too.

Let me know what you think of the oriental soup efk? Its one i havent tried yet x

Back