started my Orlistat on Mon... bit worried now

Cobra

Silver Member
as above title says, Ive been fine on the tablets... but what I don't understand is, Im not going to the toilet or anything, so are they actually doing anything for me ?

Im using them alongside the ww diet, and I have only lost 6lb since October since being on the ww diet, but have lost 8 inches..

Just wondering, if you aren't eating much fat what does the orlistat do ?

Thanks
Lisa xx

Cobra said:
as above title says, Ive been fine on the tablets... but what I don't understand is, Im not going to the toilet or anything, so are they actually doing anything for me ?

Im using them alongside the ww diet, and I have only lost 6lb since October since being on the ww diet, but have lost 8 inches..

Thanks
Lisa xx

Hi

If your taking them they will be working :) you only get the orange oil in the loo (Tango) if you are not following the rules
Rules are
5g or less than 5g fat per 100g
Max fat per day is 45g aprox 15g per main meal plus snacks

They are designed to take 1/3 of the fat out of the food you eat.

Ok if you are having problems going to the toilet you need to up your water to at least 2-3 litres a day and eat more fruit and veg if that hasn't helped you can take senakot to help but this is only a short term solution. I got bloated and constipated on the tablets so I have 25ml aloe Vera juice (cranberry version) morning and night which helps.

Most of us use myfitnesspal.com which is also a free Phone app to track our kcals and exercise

Cheers !

I am not having problems going to the loo :)

Lisa xx

Thanks
Lisa xx

Hi Lisa
i seem to remember being told they can take about a week to get into the system. you will only get the "tango" systems if you eat too much fat. on here you will here folk say certain foods cause them problems but it is an individual effect. its a matter of trial and error. good luck and hope to hear how you are getting on

dont be worried hon. as long as you stick to the orlistat rules then you won't get any side effects. . good luck with your orlistat journey , you will be fine xx

Thanks very much, i went to my wi on thursday, i lost 2.5 lbs which is at least 1.5 more than usual :)

lisa xx

Back