Started on S&S today....

TC_99

Hi All
Started on this diet today with a vanila shake.
22st7lb to start.

Sorry for the short post earlier, still learning the Android App :)

Hi All
Ordered the slim and save trial pack late last week with a view to starting on this diet today. My aim is to do 12 weeks which takes me upto my summer holidays, I will then re-evaluate my goals based upon the 1st 12 weeks. I am 46, Male and 10 stones to heavy...
I tried 6 weeks of slimfast with no real joy, but did learn that I can live on shakes so decided to try this diet out, I like the whole atkins / ketosis thing and am happy with the science of it, but to be honest it seemed such a faff to do, S&S seem a much more straight forward way of doing it.
So here we go, started on this diet today with a vanila shake and a current weight of 22st7lb.

My plan is to do the big order to slim and save on Wednesday evening when I have had a few days to try the trial products.

Cheers for now..

Just had the chilli which was rather nice. but really shocked how little there was.... Had to add the 200g of lettuce / green pepper to pad it out a little.
Going to have a shake before bed, can i add the 200ml of milk i have left?
;-) TC

I guess that kind of thinking is why i am here :)

Day 2 begins with a summer fruits shake and then a Cafe Latte one for lunch. Had a weird nights sleep last night, felt breathless with no trouble breathing, if that makes any sense.. I was almost like I had forgot to breathe, woke up had a couple of breaths and went back to sleep. Not worrying but a little weird.

Welcome! The good news is that as a man you are likely to lose weight more quickly! SnS is a great plan which has (mostly) nice packs and flexibility around the protein meal. There are some really good stickies on the main SnS forum too.

Good luck on your journey, before you know it those portions will seem quite big when you get used to it. I am on week 13 now and I actually find it hard to get through the packs now, unlike at the start where I waited for the hours to pass to have them.

I'm going to be starting slim and save soon as it comes! Ordered a taster pack. I can't wait to start. I've got about 7 stone to lose. :) I'm hoping to do it in 6 months. Is this realistic?

Jeshiekah said:
I'm going to be starting slim and save soon as it comes! Ordered a taster pack. I can't wait to start. I've got about 7 stone to lose. :) I'm hoping to do it in 6 months. Is this realistic?

Probably best to assume 7 months. Might be quicker if you're lucky!

weasey said:
Probably best to assume 7 months. Might be quicker if you're lucky!

Cool I'll update my signature later. On my iPod at the moment. I still think its a good amount of time. Is it okay to be on s&s for that long? X

SnS recommend that you take a break after 12 weeks. Personally I follow the LL advice and add some milk to my diet (whilst still having the packs) for a week in order to increase my calories a bit. It is a NICE recomendation that you don't stay on a VLCD for more than 12 weeks at a time - but that's because their study only lasted 12 weeks rather than because they found a problem.

weasey said:
SnS recommend that you take a break after 12 weeks. Personally I follow the LL advice and add some milk to my diet (whilst still having the packs) for a week in order to increase my calories a bit. It is a NICE recomendation that you don't stay on a VLCD for more than 12 weeks at a time - but that's because their study only lasted 12 weeks rather than because they found a problem.

Ah right. Cool so just up your calories but not carbs for a week? Do some people just take a break all together? Would that then bring you out of ketosis and you have to start again?

Hi...my first post. All this forum/sticky??/thread stuff is alien to me! Unfortunately dieting is not! I started SnS this week as well - on Day 4 now. I was on All About W8 a few years ago, and the way it got round the 12 week thing was every 4 weks introduce a meal a day (no carbs) but increases the calorie intake. Going to try and fathom out my signature etc now... mind you keeping my mind off food!

Jeshiekah said:
Ah right. Cool so just up your calories but not carbs for a week? Do some people just take a break all together? Would that then bring you out of ketosis and you have to start again?

Yes - quite a few people take a complete break and come out of ketosis. They gain weight but then lose the glycogen when they start back again. Many people do this really successfully. However, some people have trouble getting back on the diet afterwards. Your choice.

clarkie73 said:
Hi...my first post. All this forum/sticky??/thread stuff is alien to me! Unfortunately dieting is not! I started SnS this week as well - on Day 4 now. I was on All About W8 a few years ago, and the way it got round the 12 week thing was every 4 weks introduce a meal a day (no carbs) but increases the calorie intake. Going to try and fathom out my signature etc now... mind you keeping my mind off food!

Welcome clarkie!

Clarkie, with minimins you have to be a regular poster to be able to put up a picture and then a signature, think its 25 posts fur a pic and then maybe 50 for a signature? Something like that. Also the more you post the more letters you will be allowed in your signature.

A forum is a group of conversations around a specfic thing. Ie you are in the 100% forum, I the slim and save forum.

A thread is a small conversation started within a thread, so this is a thread about you

A post is an input to the conversation, this is my post to you!

At the top of the forum you'll see a stickie option. That is threads which have been really helpful and so the moderator has made them permanent so they will remain easily reached. Have a poke around the stickies as they'll prob answer any q's you have

And welcome!

8 lost : 59 to goal

weasey said:
Yes - quite a few people take a complete break and come out of ketosis. They gain weight but then lose the glycogen when they start back again. Many people do this really successfully. However, some people have trouble getting back on the diet afterwards. Your choice.

I think unless it's a really important reason for a break (meal I can't get out of(work or major event lol) then I'll stick to it.

I am at the moment into week two and had intended to stay on plan until it is all off, I did CD last time and came on after 12 weeks and I am back here now having put on twice the amount of weight I lost (i have very little willpower!!! and it is six years later and another child!) I read the Pauline Quirke book, she did LL, she said that she stayed on plan from start to finish without a break so that was my plan.

I notice there are a few people on here who lost LOADS - well done all!!!, how did you do? did you have breaks or just keep going like an express train?

Everyone has done it differently. Personally every 12 weeks I add milk for a week to take my calories to 1000 a day (as per LL). Apart from that I've stuck to plan. The last couple of months though I have upped my calories to 800 a day.

Back