Started SS today

dropsofjupiter

Lurks a lot
Hi to anyone who is nosey enought to want to read this!

I have faffed about with starting SS. I was going to start a couple of weeks ago, but was laid up with some AWFUL virus, so now I am feeling better, I am back to shifting this weight.

An introduction: I am Christine, 29, 5ft2ins, and was 14stone 3 lbs this morning. I want to get the BMI 25 initially (about 9stone 10lbs for me being a short-ar$e) and see where I want to be from there. So, heres to losing the 4+ stone to get me to a healthy weight, and then some.

I have been fine so far this morning - not enough water, though. Just got to make it through a lunchtime meeting (with lovely catered goodies) without succumbing, and day one will be well on its way.

I am planning on posting now and then to keep myself in check, and hopefully getting to know some of you lot on here.

Take Care

Good Luck for your first day Christine !!!

Taz x

Good luck - sounds like your head is in the right place for this too!! Give it 100% and you'll soon start to see the lbs melt away!!

Hi Christine Good Luck for your journey when I started out I had the same stats as yours give or take a few pounds!

I'm on day 1 of my SS restart today after managing to get down to 9 1/2 I've put on just over a staone now so need to shift it again! So I'll be sticking with you and seeing how you go.

Good Luck and here's to us both getting through the nest few days :)

N xx

Wow, thanks girls for your replies.... I want expecting anyone to take any notice of me!

I was just having a wobble there - thinking I can start again tomorrow....... but as yet I havent eaten anything (I am saving my first shake for lunch), so it would be a shame to waste 5 hours of willpower when it has been easy to get this far.

hahaha listen to me.... abstain for a morning and I think I have cracked it! Anyway, I am taking it one hour at a time, so as long as I dont take that first bite, I should be okay.

Going to shut up now........

Speak soon xx

Hi Christine! Welcome and good luck - don't forget to lean on this site for support - there are lots of wonderful people going through or have gone through or thinking about going through for that matter! this crazy diet to offer lots of advice and support. Vx

Hello & welcome to the world of CD!

I will be starting SSing again on Sunday, after a 3 month break, I need to shift a fair amount of weight too. I am on the preperation week this week. I can't wait to start again, because the weight just drops off! It is not easy, there will be some bad days hon, but, stick with us lot on here, we will get you through, just like we will need you! There are fun and games on this site too, so you can do that rather than think about food!!!

Well done for starting & good luck!

Hi Christine, just keep thinking about that first weigh in and you will do just fine.

Good luck christine I am on week two amd the only piece of advice I have is when it gets tough come on Minimins the girls are fabulous!!!!

Hello :)
I'm a shorty too, and have said many times that my target weight of 8st 7 will only ever be achieved if i split up my goals (so 10st is my first one) and then cut off a leg or two :D:D:D

Wel done for deciding to restart, it'll be worth it in the end xxx

Welcome Christine and good luck.

Fairly similar to you I started at 14st and I am 5ft 1 and am aiming for 9st 7. This is the middle of week 10 for me and as of this morning (I am a daily weigher!) I am 11st 3.5lbs and can't quite believe how brilliantly this diet has worked.

Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Georgie
x

Hi Christine and Welcome!!!

Everyone on here is fantastic for advice and support, so don't ever feel that you are on your own.
I am on Day8 (I can't believe it's been that long!) of SS after failing at every other diet available to me. This is my make or break time....I was starting to get some chest pains that made me concerned about my well being. I have a dughter that is 22 months and I don't want her to be without me.

Anyway....drink lots of water and stay away from temptation!!!

Good luck on your journey.

Kerry-Ann

Hiya Christine and good luck on your CD journey :) xx

Morning!

Thanks to all of you who took the time to welcome me yesterday. I have just logged on and read your encouraging posts.

Doing okay so far, but have a STONKING headache. I will glug some more water and hope it goes away. Does paracetamol affect the diet?

I cant wait until I have been doing this long enough to see results. Everyone says you see them quickly - which is news for me I am one of those who can stick to say WW to the letter and then lose half a pound a week. I am sick of being told off as if I cheat all the time. It once took me a year to lose 10lbs (I was only 9stone 13 when I joined WW the first time round! How I would love to be that now!)

So, onwards and downwards. All I have to do is not eat. simple..... She says......

Take Care

Thanks to all of you who took the time to welcome me yesterday. I have just logged on and read your encouraging posts.

Doing okay so far, but have a STONKING headache. I will glug some more water and hope it goes away. Does paracetamol affect the diet?

I cant wait until I have been doing this long enough to see results. Everyone says you see them quickly - which is news for me I am one of those who can stick to say WW to the letter and then lose half a pound a week. I am sick of being told off as if I cheat all the time. It once took me a year to lose 10lbs (I was only 9stone 13 when I joined WW the first time round! How I would love to be that now!)

So, onwards and downwards. All I have to do is not eat. simple..... She says......

Take Care

Hi Christine,

Headache's can occur because of lack of fluid intake or change in caffeine intake or carbohydrate withdrawal.

It is okay to take paracetamol.

I sympathise with you being a slow loser on WW as I went through similar myself.

Husband did very well on the programme, but it took me ten weeks to lose 10lbs.:(

You did good to stick it out for a whole year:eek:

It will be very interesting to see how much you lose on your first week!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini - I will also be keen to see how much I will lose in my first week.

I have been drinking plenty water, so dont know if it is me being dehydrated, and I dont normally have much caffiene (maybe a coffee every couple of days!) to get withdrawal, so I am hoping it is just one of those things, and will go away.

Anyway,

Must do some work!

Thanks

Hope your headache goes soon!! I know it's tough but try not to think about it and keep telling yourself it will get easier. I promise that it does. My first week has flown by and I'm looking forward to hearing about your first week's loss this time in 7 days! Not long when you think about it ... you can do it, just stay strong!!!

With you all the way x

Back