Started SS today

Wow - day three already

How did I get here??

I know it is the beginning of day 3, but still, that is progress for me!

Headache still lurking, but I had an early night and feel better for it.

OH is going out tonight, so I will be having a nice bubble bath and another early night to save me from the fridge in an empty house. In fact, I am quite looking forward to it!

I still darent weight myself. I feel slimmer in an empty kind of way, and am looking forward to seeing what the scales say. What if I am dissappointed? People ahve had fantastic losses on here - I will be the one who loses a pound in her first week. Now with WW/SW etc that would be great, but I am hoping for bigger/better things with CD.

MUST stay busy and stay with it.............

I was eyeing up leather jackets in Next - I hope they still have them in stock when I reach goal - I wouldnt buy one the size I am now. And I darent buy one too small now - I have done that too many times before saying I will 'slim into it', and never did.

anyway, ramblings over for the time being.

Take Care

Well done Christine! Keep it up - you'll be pleased you did at WI!! vx

Well, the weekend came and went.

TOTM due this week, so feeling a bit rubbish. Stuck to it, though and have avoided the scales as I dont want to tempt fate by saying I can lose X amount in a few days then cheat and eat. Weigh - in Wednesday. Then I will change to a Saturday weigh-in, I think. Easier to get to my CDC then.

Can TOTM bloating hold onto a few lbs? I dont know - I just hope that I lose some, and dont stay the same due to bloating, cos even using the sane part of my brain, I will be disappointed with that.

I hope I am in ketosis by now - I meant to get some testing sticks, but didnt. I have a funny taste in my mouth - and feel a bit floaty......... does this sound like the big K?

I will try to get online more at the weekends - so much happens here in just a couple of days!

Take care

still fuzzy headed

So, now day..... how many? Feels like a lifetime already!!

But, not hungry in the slightest. Which is a good thing - I almost had a close shave with a cheese scone earlier. Colleague was going out to get some, but I said no I didnt want one, ratehr than saying I would have it later like I normally would. Result is she didnt get any after all. So saves me the tempatation for later.

I am still a bit fuzzy headed - Dont think I drank enough yesterday - even though I had somewhere near 3 litres... So - more H2O for me:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: That'd be plenty!

I also survives OH getting fish and chips last night. I made him sit on the other side of the room whilst eating them (why does he eat soooooooooooo slowly??). Bless him, though. He wouldnt let me hold them in the car on the way back from the shops - even though I was comfortble in having them on my lap. At least they wont end up as lard on my backside. Yay me!

So, all in all, going really well so far. Need to get 2 litres into me by lunch, then a soup, I think. I fancy savoury - I am yet to try the broccoli & cheese. Hope it is okay - my CDC's face didnt look hopeful when I asked her what it was like!

6 days down...... means less days to go

I am not hungry. And that is the truth!!

Weigh in tonight. Scared. When I checked the scales this morning I was 13.10.4 That is down 6lbs from my start weight (although my CDC scales had me being lighter than my own - so will see what hers say later.

6lbs is great for me - but other people have said they lost more in their first week. Saying that, I did kind of cut down the carbs before I started, and am due TOTM soon.

I hope that there is good news tonight.

I have had my moments, and by no means do I think I have cracked this diet, but I am pleasantly surprised by how (dare I say it) easy I have found this so far. I know it will be harder at times. But I am fully prepared to distract myself and remember that I am only doing this once.

so, onwards and downwards...............

Way to go Christine! Good luck tonight - I'll look forward to you post in the morning! Vx

Is it weird to be this excited about getting weighed??????

No, not weird at all. I'm like you, it took me forever to lose weight at WW, so I can't wait to see what the scales say. And I've got to hold on until next Monday, LOL...

Good luck! :D

7 lbs lost!!!

Yay me !!!!! Thats more than i had lost in ~3 months of WW just before I started CD. I know it is waterand glycogen, but even still it is a great boost!

Thats even after a day of drinking water and being dressed! (I weighed myself naked in the morning yesterday - but I dont suppose my CDC will thank me if I stripped off in her kitchen!)

So, onwards and downwards.

I think I need to drink more water - I did a couple of ketosix tests yesterday. The one first thing in the morning was quite dark - but I half expected that as I try not to drink water after 9pm as it makes me need a wee during the night. Then another one teatime ish and that was also quite dark - not the darkest pink, but a bit too far up the scale if you know what I mean.

So, I will try to drink 3+ litres every day. I had probably done my 2.25 litres, but maybe I need more??

Anyway, well chuffed about surviving week one without too much trouble. Here is to week two!

Am excited for next week's weigh-in!! I just hope this enthusiasm doesnt wear off too easily. I would hate to undo my good work so far. Maybe I just need to remember that.

Take care

Oh, and can anyone tell me how to update my ticker???

I am hopkess with technology!

Thanks

Double click on your ticker above and click on Edit/update ticker, you need to enter your password and it will then allow you to update it... it will automatically change on all your postings...
Love

Thanks!! Will have a go now!

Yay!

Well done you!

I'm really pleased for you. Just hoping I can do the same... I can't believe I've already got through most of day 3!

Here's to next week's nice big loss, yeah?

Hi Lily,

I cant believe I have done a week either! But I suppose it will slow down, so thats where the real willpower comes in.

I had a sneaky look at the scales again this morning - another lb down! I might have to take the batteries out to stop me hopping onto them every day. I dont know if it is a good thing to do or not. It keeps me motivated in that in the evening when I am tempted, I just think to myself that I only have to wait until the morning to see a loss. But if there isnt a loss in the morning, would that be enough to make me cheat?

The longer I am doing this without cheating, the less I feel like nibbling something.

Keep up the good work - day 3 will soon be weigh-day, and you will ahve an 'official' loss to be proud of!

Take Care

Way to Christine - 1/2 stone is fabby - keep up the good work Vx

Been positive all day. Starting to have a little wobble, though.

Need to get some work done and distract myself form wanting to eat. I am not craving anything in particular, and am certainly not hungry. Its just this is what I would normally do now - treat myself to some chocolate or something because 'its friday' and I have worked hard all week. BUT, I will not give in.

I will finish my water (that'll be 2 lites by now) and get on with it!

I just can wait to see some real progress. The weight I have lost so far is only water and glycogen. I want it to be proper fat!! My trousers are looser than they were last week, but I dont feel any different. Maybe this is just TOTM talking. I get grumpy at the bestof times!!

I hope that next WI I will have lost TOTM bloating as well as some proper weight. Just need to focus on that for now. That, and geting through each day without any cheating - once I am on the slippery slope, thatis it for me.... but even if I do crack and eat something, I will not let myself ruin my hard work so far. Which adds up to 240hours of willpower. I dont want to waste it - I want to increase that amount each day.

Take Care

I reckon a pound or two of that 7.6 pounds was probably fat, hon. Your glycogen stocks would've run out on day three or four at the latest. So yay! for you.

I'm still doing okay. On day 4 now, and feeling much better. I guess ketosis has kicked in good and proper now. And I went out to lunch with two friends and watched them eat--and it hardly bothered me at all.

I've decided I need a new blender--my cronky old thing doesn't seem to be able to cope with ice cubes, LOL. I'm wearing some of my chocolate milkshake... :) Nice...

You're doing really well. You can get through the wobbles. Keep reminding yourself why you want to do this--and how nothing else could ever work this fast!

Hugs

Hi All -

Hope your weekend went as well as mine. I did have a 'should I shouldnt I' moment over some cheese. BUT, I didnt!

Thing is, the scales have gone up by a pound or so - I can only assume it is TOTM hormones etc not playing nicely. That and me not going for a *ahem* number 2 all week. I got some Fibre 89 stuff from my CDC, but it doesnt seem to be making any difference. Maybe I am expecting miracles??

I am hoping this is a temporary thing - I have stuck to the plan 100%. I ahve been drinking more water yesterday and today - more like 3.5 litres instead of my 2.5. I am hoping that will help.

Lily - I hope you are doing well - speaking of blenders - I have one of those handheld stick type blenders - I darent try it to whizz any ice. But I got a little battery powered whisk on a stick (you would have to see it to see why I am having trouble describing it!!) from Ikea the other day for £1. I got it to take to work. It was okay to get the lumps out of my soup, but struggled a bit with the thicker powdery bits at the bottom of the mug before it was mixed thoroughly. It is fine to keep at work (or possibly in my bag??) - and it was only a quid!

Keep up the good work!

Back