Step 1 Sole Source Started SS yesterday - worried

lula09

Hi,

I was just reading the book that my consultant gave me and it seems I am 4lbs under being bmi 25 +1 stone BUT she never told me this and just started me on SS.

I'm a bit worried now and unsure what I should do and if starting SS is bad for me? Should I change to step 2? Can anyone help me?

Hey sorry not too sure, can you call your consultant or cambridge? I am sure my friends not far off and she's doing 810. I wouldnt do ss though. Good luck :)

Hi,

I was just reading the book that my consultant gave me and it seems I am 4lbs under being bmi 25 +1 stone BUT she never told me this and just started me on SS.

I'm a bit worried now and unsure what I should do and if starting SS is bad for me? Should I change to step 2? Can anyone help me?

Are we meant to get stuff from our consultants? I didn't get a book or anything

Hi,

Strictly speaking, you should have started on 810, but I really don't think doing SS will do you any harm. She was probably just trying to get you off to the best possible start. There is some confusion, both here and amongst some CWPCs, about at what weight you can do SS. If you're above BMI 25 plus one stone when you start, then you can SS all the way down to a BMI of 25, at which point you need to move to 810. You can then stay on 810 until you reach goal if you want. But, somewhat strangely, if your starting BMI is 25 plus less than one stone, you're supposed to start on 810. It's never entirely made sense to me, but I'm sure Cambridge Head Office have their reasons.

Anyway, no need to worry. I would worry if your CWPC encouraged you to continue SS once you reach a BMI of 25. At that point, you need the extra protein from doing 810 to preserve your muscle mass.

Hope your first few days are going well. :)

Are we meant to get stuff from our consultants? I didn't get a book or anything

Yes - there is a book that your consultant should have given to you with details of all the different steps on Cambridge. Ask for it at your next visit.

Back