Started today!

welcome to weight watchers :) I've just started for the last time a week ago so hopefully we'll both do fantastically!

Hi ya fatal,

Thanks and good luck to you too...Today is Day 3 for me....and so far , so good... x

I started back again just doing it at home 3 weeks ago im one pound short of a stone down..you can do it:)

I started back again just doing it at home 3 weeks ago im one pound short of a stone down..you can do it:)

Hi there,

That's great! Well done and welcome! x

Hi Annie

All the best :). I'm joining on Thursday after also being a SW member and swearing by it I just can't stay motivated. I really want to give this a good go and lose about 4st. Hopefully we can catch up along the way x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Annie
Looking forward to doing this together xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Annie

All the best :). I'm joining on Thursday after also being a SW member and swearing by it I just can't stay motivated. I really want to give this a good go and lose about 4st. Hopefully we can catch up along the way x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey there! Good luck and I'm sure we will catch up along the way... x

Hey Annie
Looking forward to doing this together xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Haf, me too... xxx

How are you getting on Annie? Yesterday was day 3 for me and I felt a lot hungrier, but I think its a combination of my stomach getting used to being back on a plan (I had 3 weeks of SW before starting WW) and because I had rice crispies for breakfast instead of bran flakes and it wasn't as substantial! Very much enjoyed Subway for lunch though and had WW chicken penne pasta meal for tea - had to get over the sweet cravings I usually get after a meal though, so I went to bed! Lol!

For today, I'm having my trusty bran flakes, chicken and spinach lasagne for lunch, but I can't decide what to have for tea - have 7 PP left, any ideas? x

How are you getting on Annie? Yesterday was day 3 for me and I felt a lot hungrier, but I think its a combination of my stomach getting used to being back on a plan (I had 3 weeks of SW before starting WW) and because I had rice crispies for breakfast instead of bran flakes and it wasn't as substantial! Very much enjoyed Subway for lunch though and had WW chicken penne pasta meal for tea - had to get over the sweet cravings I usually get after a meal though, so I went to bed! Lol!

For today, I'm having my trusty bran flakes, chicken and spinach lasagne for lunch, but I can't decide what to have for tea - have 7 PP left, any ideas? x

Hi there, I am doing well (I hope...lol!) It is Day 5 for me and I haven't had any sugar cravings... I do just miss eating randomly and when I want to ...it became a habit but I have also thrived on getting into the plan. I have stuck to my points and enjoyed everything I have cooked and ate...

7 PP's? hmmm.... You could make a quick stir of noodles for the value of 6 PP's (150 grams of Chinese soft noodles/Japanese Udon noodles)lots of veg like baby sweetcorn, mushrooms,Pak Choi,broccoli,etc and soy sauce, garlic, onions, spring onions...absolutely delicious! 1 PP left for a biscuit or something or...you could lessen the amount of noodles and use some fresh prawns or pork (if you eat it)? I seem to be cooking a lot of stir fry noodles at the moment as it is so quick and filling and tasty! I use the WW scales a lot if I have to manipulate what ever number of points I have left for the day...;-)

What did you have in the end?

Sweet cravings? Well, try having WW's sugar free orange jelly (0 points) with WW's Rich Choc Dessert (2 PP's) from the chiller section - absolutely delicious! Yummy...for me anyway! x

Hi there, I am doing well (I hope...lol!) It is Day 5 for me and I haven't had any sugar cravings... I do just miss eating randomly and when I want to ...it became a habit but I have also thrived on getting into the plan. I have stuck to my points and enjoyed everything I have cooked and ate...

7 PP's? hmmm.... You could make a quick stir of noodles for the value of 6 PP's (150 grams of Chinese soft noodles/Japanese Udon noodles)lots of veg like baby sweetcorn, mushrooms,Pak Choi,broccoli,etc and soy sauce, garlic, onions, spring onions...absolutely delicious! 1 PP left for a biscuit or something or...you could lessen the amount of noodles and use some fresh prawns or pork (if you eat it)? I seem to be cooking a lot of stir fry noodles at the moment as it is so quick and filling and tasty! I use the WW scales a lot if I have to manipulate what ever number of points I have left for the day...;-)

What did you have in the end?

Sweet cravings? Well, try having WW's sugar free orange jelly (0 points) with WW's Rich Choc Dessert (2 PP's) from the chiller section - absolutely delicious! Yummy...for me anyway! x

I did have a mini-blowout last night, but still within weekly points - I have 20 left! Got a bit carried away on the train home (felt so hungry) and ate all 6 of the tortilla wraps that I had bought! It said 3 PP on the packaging, but when I tracked it online, it was 15 PP for all of them, so not as bad as I thought lol

That was followed by some squares of Galaxy, a sip of archers and diet lemonade and a bite of OH's pie. I counted the galaxy, but not the others as neither weren't proper measures - literally just a mouthful. I know, I know, you bite it, you write it (apparently), but it didn't seem worth it. It would have been a different story if I hadn't tracked the tortillas!

For my actual dinner, I had the creamy mushroom rigatoni for 7 PP. Was ok, but not sure if I'd have it again. Stir fry is a fab idea :) Once my books arrive I am going to sit down and plan out some recipes.

Not a fan of jelly, but the chilled desserts sound nice. Unfortunately, they don't sell them at my local big Tesco. I've found the belgian chocolate rectangle thingies are amazing though and they're only 2 PP as well :)

My meals are all a bit jumbled up today! I'm having sandwiches for breakfast, chicken hotpot for lunch and McDonald's for tea! Factored into my daily PP, with 4 chicken nuggets at 5 PP and small fries at 6 PP. Sandwiches for breakfast is purely because WW bread and WW sliced cheese is easier to measure than cereal and milk while I'm at work. Usually I am prepared and take it all in with me, but wasn't able to this morning.

Enjoy day 6! x

I did have a mini-blowout last night, but still within weekly points - I have 20 left! Got a bit carried away on the train home (felt so hungry) and ate all 6 of the tortilla wraps that I had bought! It said 3 PP on the packaging, but when I tracked it online, it was 15 PP for all of them, so not as bad as I thought lol

That was followed by some squares of Galaxy, a sip of archers and diet lemonade and a bite of OH's pie. I counted the galaxy, but not the others as neither weren't proper measures - literally just a mouthful. I know, I know, you bite it, you write it (apparently), but it didn't seem worth it. It would have been a different story if I hadn't tracked the tortillas!

For my actual dinner, I had the creamy mushroom rigatoni for 7 PP. Was ok, but not sure if I'd have it again. Stir fry is a fab idea :) Once my books arrive I am going to sit down and plan out some recipes.

Not a fan of jelly, but the chilled desserts sound nice. Unfortunately, they don't sell them at my local big Tesco. I've found the belgian chocolate rectangle thingies are amazing though and they're only 2 PP as well :)

My meals are all a bit jumbled up today! I'm having sandwiches for breakfast, chicken hotpot for lunch and McDonald's for tea! Factored into my daily PP, with 4 chicken nuggets at 5 PP and small fries at 6 PP. Sandwiches for breakfast is purely because WW bread and WW sliced cheese is easier to measure than cereal and milk while I'm at work. Usually I am prepared and take it all in with me, but wasn't able to this morning.

Enjoy day 6! x

Hi again,

U must have been hungry eating all the tortilla's on their own! Lol! ;-)Still you managed well and stayed within ur points, so that's great! :)

What are 'belgian chocolate rectangle thingies' and where can you get them please?

Yes, I find that planning meals are so much better for me and knowing what to eat... initially, I was too scared to eat my points too early on the day, in case I got hungry at night - I think it is just the fear of not knowing if I have food to eat later on, etc... But, when I was saving my points for later on...it seems to be getting too late to eat or I wasn't hungry anymore or just couldn't get all my points finished up. So, definitely planning is the key and I know now that I can survive on less points too (I couldn't eat all my points yesterday as I was cleaning the house and I was on a roll and was up till 3:30 am!! Phew!!! ) ... I know, I should have had all my points ...my daily points but it was too late to eat and then it would have messed today up...so I made sure I had more points for breakfast today, so that I don't end up having too many in the evening to eat.

I cook from scratch and throw things together, so it is a case of whatever's in the house. I find it hard with cook books as I always haven't got hthe stuff in etc... The stir fry noodles were gorgeous last night - so filling and a massive plateful too at oonly 9 PP's! I was so stuffed ! The trouble with me is that when I enjoy something, I end up eating it a lot and then get fed up of it...but it is sooo quick to make and easy to bulk up!

Yes and good luck to you too.... when is ur weigh in? U might have told me but I can't remember right now..Mine's on Thursday...Take care and chat soon... xx

P.S. Who/what are the 119ers? x

Hey Annie glad I found you!!! Will prob ramble on your page now!!!! 3am are you insane??? X

Hi again,

U must have been hungry eating all the tortilla's on their own! Lol! ;-)Still you managed well and stayed within ur points, so that's great! :)

What are 'belgian chocolate rectangle thingies' and where can you get them please?

Yes, I find that planning meals are so much better for me and knowing what to eat... initially, I was too scared to eat my points too early on the day, in case I got hungry at night - I think it is just the fear of not knowing if I have food to eat later on, etc... But, when I was saving my points for later on...it seems to be getting too late to eat or I wasn't hungry anymore or just couldn't get all my points finished up. So, definitely planning is the key and I know now that I can survive on less points too (I couldn't eat all my points yesterday as I was cleaning the house and I was on a roll and was up till 3:30 am!! Phew!!! ) ... I know, I should have had all my points ...my daily points but it was too late to eat and then it would have messed today up...so I made sure I had more points for breakfast today, so that I don't end up having too many in the evening to eat.

I cook from scratch and throw things together, so it is a case of whatever's in the house. I find it hard with cook books as I always haven't got hthe stuff in etc... The stir fry noodles were gorgeous last night - so filling and a massive plateful too at oonly 9 PP's! I was so stuffed ! The trouble with me is that when I enjoy something, I end up eating it a lot and then get fed up of it...but it is sooo quick to make and easy to bulk up!

Yes and good luck to you too.... when is ur weigh in? U might have told me but I can't remember right now..Mine's on Thursday...Take care and chat soon... xx

P.S. Who/what are the 119ers? x

I'm a bit of a binge eater at times and it's a habit that I'm trying to break!

These are the belgian whatnots: Belgian Chocolate Slice - WeightWatchers
I got mine from Tesco, but they're available in most big supermarkets, I believe.

My books came today, so I have been having a nosey this evening - not sure what to make! I love that it's so much more flexible than SW in terms of points. So far this week, I've had Subway and McDonald's, but still feel so in control. How many points do you have in a day? I have 26 and it feels like the perfect amount. I have 20 weekly points left (I weigh in on a Saturday), so I don't think that's too bad-going. Before tortilla-gate, I hadn't used any! Now going to have a look through my journal, fill in everything so far and plan the rest of the week. Got 2 meals out coming up (both after weigh in), so need to plan carefully :)

The 119ers are my girlies on the SW forum. We're in the "9's into the 8s" thread and we're all trying to get down to our goal (119). To be honest, I'm not sure 119 is maintainable for me (or perhaps it would be if I could shift my fat percentage down - need to exercise more), I would like to see "eight-stone-something" on the scales, but would be happy to settle in the low 9s.

xo

I'm a bit of a binge eater at times and it's a habit that I'm trying to break!

These are the belgian whatnots: Belgian Chocolate Slice - WeightWatchers
I got mine from Tesco, but they're available in most big supermarkets, I believe.

My books came today, so I have been having a nosey this evening - not sure what to make! I love that it's so much more flexible than SW in terms of points. So far this week, I've had Subway and McDonald's, but still feel so in control. How many points do you have in a day? I have 26 and it feels like the perfect amount. I have 20 weekly points left (I weigh in on a Saturday), so I don't think that's too bad-going. Before tortilla-gate, I hadn't used any! Now going to have a look through my journal, fill in everything so far and plan the rest of the week. Got 2 meals out coming up (both after weigh in), so need to plan carefully :)

The 119ers are my girlies on the SW forum. We're in the "9's into the 8s" thread and we're all trying to get down to our goal (119). To be honest, I'm not sure 119 is maintainable for me (or perhaps it would be if I could shift my fat percentage down - need to exercise more), I would like to see "eight-stone-something" on the scales, but would be happy to settle in the low 9s.

xo

Hi again,

Thanks for link on the belgian choc thingy....I will get some along with some WW brownies.. ( might be the same as what you get? ) My leader mentioned that she has those with orange sugar free jelly, meringue and it's gorgeous she says!

I have 36 points ! Some days I use it all and some days I only use 26! I have found that I can actually manage on 26 - but these were the days that I have been so busy or cooked myself a massive stir fry that has kept me so full! But, I am going to aim to eat all my points, weeklies anyway... :)

What cook books did you get? My leader is waiting on some to arrive - I usually cook by throwing things together but I need to stay creative so I don't get bored of eating the same stuff.

Yes, WW is pretty flexible and yes, I think the fact that we can have anything we want to eat is great... x

Hello all,

I had my first weigh in today after a week of working really, really hard on my diet ! I am so happy to report that I now weigh 18 stones 2 and half pounds! I lost 4 and half pounds and I am so pleased with that. Great start to my journey! :happy036:

I have also wrote myself a promise of what I'd do (if things get too difficult with my personal problems)...with regards to my diet, so that I can keep it up no matter what life throws me! I hope that by having these strategies in place, things will go to plan. Perhaps, 12 months is too ambitious to lose 8 stones 7 pounds but I can dream, can't I? ;-) Well, I have given myself upto 18 months which isn't unreasonable. x :D

wooo :D That is fantastic Annie!!! Well done!! Looks like I might loose my company in the 18-17 thread really soon ;)

Back