Started today!

Agree NHS can be so so frustrating. When they get it right they are amazing. Being a pushy mum is good. When I am at work parents always apologise for being pushy/worried etc I encourage it, I tell them it's their job to be pushy if they aren't no one else will be (one of the nicer sides to my job empowering parents x )

You are so right...there are so many little kiddies in care because their parents can't be bothered with them or they are not getting the support they need to help them with managing their kids... it is such a shame... but you are so right...we have seen some amazing Dr's and also some not so amazing ones... it all depends where you go...:-(( In the mean time, these kids are suffering... Yes, I can be pushy or rather I am always fighting to get the help for my son, writing letters to people, getting in touch with PALS,attending big meetings, etc... it is a tough world out there ...so, so hard to get the right help and at the moment, we are going around in circles... Unfortunately, the drugs given to kids can cause a lot more problems... it is us parents who have to live with the side effects and worst of all the kids who suffer the effects of wrong medications! :-((( I just wish that Dr's listened to the parents more.... anyway, this me just ranting ...sorry! Just had a very difficult moment with my son...and it seems to be starting to escalate again! Best go... :-((( x

Last edited:
Vent away Annie and never apologise for it x hope you and son are ok hopefully chat later xxxx p.s. mums always know more than any medics love how you are like a lioness with them children you rock!!!!

Vent away Annie and never apologise for it x hope you and son are ok hopefully chat later xxxx p.s. mums always know more than any medics love how you are like a lioness with them children you rock!!!!

Thanks Haf... yes, chat later hopefully.... I am starving now, just got in after taking my youngest for his swim lesson...it's salmon with rice & aubergines! Can't wait....I am soooo hungry as I had to dash out for the lesson... It's chucking it down over here & there are flood warnings here and traffic everywhere... how's it in Cardiff? xxx

Something Haf said in one of her posts made me think a lot about it today... losing 2 pounds a week (on average) means that it would take me 1 year and 7.5 weeks to get my total weight down to 10 stones! How good is that? That's with no distractions, etc... Still it is something to aim for... by 19.6.2013, I should have possibly lost 8 stones 7 pounds??? That seems so hard to imagine but can it be done? I am a person who likes to have goals and targets and I do so much better with setting these in place... But, I am as always realistic and 'life' can happen as well, so I am giving myself up to 19.10.2013 maximum to lose the weight...!!! So, watch this space everyone! Lol! ;-) Annie xx

Morning Annie hope all well with you salmon sounds lush..... May go get some yum yum x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Sounds like a good target Annie :D

Morning Annie hope all well with you salmon sounds lush..... May go get some yum yum x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Good evening Haf!

Yes,the salmon was gorgeous... my son enjoyed it too and he said 'Mum, you got the flavours just perfect' ! Was a really filling meal for me because I ate nearly 2 whole massive aubergines - believe it or not! Yummy, yum yum! xx

Sounds like a good target Annie :D

Thanks... I hope I manage it... still, even if it has to take a little longer, it'll be so worth it in the end! I am so glad I didn't embark on LL again. I am actually enjoying the foods I am eating and not just eating for the sake of eating anymore! I can actually survive on so little food...compared to what I used to eat... xx

Bought all my food for the following week today. I have a rough plan of what I am going to be eating, so I feel in control . Just exhausted from running around everywhere all week and am so looking forward to doing nothing much this weekend but resting up and chilling. Looks like it is flooding around where we live (I don't think I will be affected but people near to us...) Still very positive that I can do this and lose the big weight I need to. Looking forward to getting the whole lot off!

I can already see massive changes in myself...I seem to be more energetic and exuberant too! I am walking about with more confidence and I have even been 'checked out' here and there! Been flashing my pearlies and fluttering my eyelids about...no, not really...I have just noticed people smiling at me everywhere & I think it is because I have become more confident in myself because the food is no longer controlling my life! I have even felt sexier in myself and I think it's just a mindset .... been feeling so bad about myself and dragging myself about but now, I love my new found confidence ! :D

downtownsuzie, I got the WW choc belgian brownie thingys today... going to have it with some or all of the following .... meringue's nest crushed (1 PP), WW's cream (haven't pointed up yet...think it is 1 PP for 30 ml???) , orange sugar free jelly (0 PP), tinned fruit (0 PP), Shape choc dessert (3 PP's) (couldn't get any WW's ones in Morrison's today - 2 PP's only), WW's ice cream swirl pots ... not sure of exact name... (2 PP's) ...gonna warm the brownie up and make a yummy dessert of the above....yummy!

Oh...! Guess what ? I have also lost weight around my waist...I can feel the difference already! So pleased... I'll be happy to just eat the WW way for the rest of my life if it keeps my weight down. I don't feel deprived! The only thing I miss is being able to just eat without pointing everything up!

Have a good weekend all! x

Dessert sounds gorgeous! Let me know what you think x

Well done Annie on your new found confidence and congrats on losing some weight around your waist.Keep up the good work :0)

Dessert sounds gorgeous! Let me know what you think x

They were nice, even my two boys had some with their dessert...I just had mine warmed up with a WW choc swirl pot thing...4 points total and I enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip! x

Well done Annie on your new found confidence and congrats on losing some weight around your waist.Keep up the good work :0)

Thanks a lot Bulldogdaisy! How are u doing? x

Annie2012 said:
Thanks a lot Bulldogdaisy! How are u doing? x

Doing well so far,am on my 8th week and losing steadily! So glad I decided to join WW,was the kick that I needed! Did it a couple of years ago and lost but same old story of letting it pile back on with some life changes thrown in too! Sounds like you have a very busy life and I take my hat off to you for coping so well :0)

Doing well so far,am on my 8th week and losing steadily! So glad I decided to join WW,was the kick that I needed! Did it a couple of years ago and lost but same old story of letting it pile back on with some life changes thrown in too! Sounds like you have a very busy life and I take my hat off to you for coping so well :0)

Have you got a lot of weight you want to lose? Are you enjoying doing WW's? Yes, it looks like that it is very important to keep going to classes even when we get to Goal .... I intend to that when I get to my Goal! Don't want to mess this up, second time around! Yes, I do have an enormous amount on my plate and have done for the last 4 years but I am coping. Getting the control back over my eating is helping me stay in control and feel so much better about myself....Hope you have a nice Saturday! :)

Annie2012 said:
Have you got a lot of weight you want to lose? Are you enjoying doing WW's? Yes, it looks like that it is very important to keep going to classes even when we get to Goal .... I intend to that when I get to my Goal! Don't want to mess this up, second time around! Yes, I do have an enormous amount on my plate and have done for the last 4 years but I am coping. Getting the control back over my eating is helping me stay in control and feel so much better about myself....Hope you have a nice Saturday! :)

Hope you have a nice Saturday too :0) yup I agree about having control of our eating habits helps in day to day life aswell! I do enjoy WW,only had a couple of struggle moments so to speak but have kept it up.Best to keep focused once get to goal.I'm doing this at home this time around so not sure bout when I get to goal,though for me this site is a must! I was 13.13.5 when I started and would like to get to 10.7 :0)

Hope you have a nice Saturday too :0) yup I agree about having control of our eating habits helps in day to day life aswell! I do enjoy WW,only had a couple of struggle moments so to speak but have kept it up.Best to keep focused once get to goal.I'm doing this at home this time around so not sure bout when I get to goal,though for me this site is a must! I was 13.13.5 when I started and would like to get to 10.7 :0)

Well, I am sure you'll do it - just keep plodding on...:D For me, I need to attend meetings... I can't do it alone at home... need the support of a meeting.. Yes, this site keeps me going too.

Btw, do you happen to know what the PP's for a 125 ml & 175 ml glass of 'Gallo Rose - White Grenache' wine is please? I know what the standard points are from our books but I wanted to be more accurate and can't use the points calculator as not all info available on bottle...Thanks... Annie2012 x

Yea attending the meetings helped me the first time around.Live too far away to my nearest meeting now hence why I do it at home,plus money! Sorry I only have the books aswell,might be worth posting about it in the pro points section on here, :0)

Yea attending the meetings helped me the first time around.Live too far away to my nearest meeting now hence why I do it at home,plus money! Sorry I only have the books aswell,might be worth posting about it in the pro points section on here, :0)

Thanks, I have posted online on the other thread about PP's...:)

Back