Started yesterday!

Good evening everyone ?

I started yesterday, my starting weight was 13st 8 & i would like to get down to 10st. First 2 days have been fine but ive heard days 3/4 are hard, but im ready to kick this weights butt! ?

Hey welcome!!

Funnily enough we have the same starting weight and the same target weight pretty much!!
Spooky!!
I started on Sunday and am on day 4.
So far I'm feeling good - I get hungry towards the time I'm due a shake so to space it out I have a bath or come on these forums etc etc. - my next shake is due between 9.30pm and 10pm!! Tick tock tick tock!!

Have you done a diet like this before?
X

Hiya, the only other diet ive done is slimming world & i had good losses at 10lbs, 8lbs & 5lbs & lost 23lbs in 3 weeks, but then it slowed down & i gave up, ive attempted it since then but failed as i had no control! So i thought i'd give this a go & see how i go ?

Wow there's some great loses!!

You'll probably experience similar ones on this however sometimes the odd week is small or stays the same. I've done the Cambridge diet before - which I loved - but this seems sooooo much better!!
I've really enjoyed it so far! If you've got a blender to make the shakes they taste amazing - especially if you put ice in as it makes it thicker and frothy!
I haven't tried the meals yet and I'm kinda wondering why I actually bothered getting them!! And it's too hot for soup! But I need to have them soon otherwise I'll run out of the nice shakes and be left with cottage pie for breakfast!! Mmm!! Ha ha!!
There's some great recipes on here for low carb meals - last night I had fish and chips! Cod with swede chips. Yum!!

Good luck!! It's exciting isn't it!! We will be thin!! Yeah!
:)

Stick with it. days 3/4 are the hardest as your body is fighting for carbs. after you break that your onto a winner. I find that after a couple of weeks you sometimes feel tired but most of the time there is a slight euphoric feeling.

Iv done this about 3 years ago for 3 months and my losses were Month 1. -27lbs Month 2. -25 lbs and Month 3. -23lbs. so its fairly consistent over time. I did find that whenever i had a slow loss week the next was higher than usual. My mistake was i didnt maintain properly once i lost the weight and it creeped back on over the past 2/3 years.

Some tips i noticed. the more water you drink seems to speed up your losses ( why i can only guess that your body is forced to flush out the excess water and therefore ups your metabolism slightly ) walking and cycling work wonders aswell, Just dont hammer the gym or cardio work though as you will catabolise muscle.

Good luck, stay strong and the pounds will soon start to drop.

Cool good tips there, thanks x

Back