started yesterday!!

MrsMe

Hey All,

Is anyone else on slim fast?? Thought it would be nice to have a diet buddy. I tried calorie counting but wasn't working. So now have decided to try slim fast at the moment it is only £3.32 a tin of powder in tescos!! I bought the vanilla and the strawberry one, the vanilla one tastes a bit like fudge (mmmmm). First day was pretty easy although i didn't have my first shake til 12noon then had another at 2.15, at about 4pm had a handful of grapes and then coz tescos was only taking card payments yesterday (ridiculous i know!!), and i refuse to pay co-op prices we had no food so picked up a bag of chips on the way home. can't have been more than 600cals though??
gonna weigh myself every monday so will keep you posted!!

Good luck everyone

MrsMe xXx

Hi, I am starting Slimfast today! I am looking to lose around 35lb, but would appreciate a diet buddy as well as I have commitment issues!

Are you going to be exercising as well? x

Hey,:D

I am looking to lose 2 - 3 stone on slimfast then just stick to healthy eating to lose another 3 stone so have a lot to lose. It is always easier when you have someone to chat to when you feel down or to share your successes with isn't it??

I will (hopefully) be going to the gym (curves, do you know it??) 3 times a week. Signed up about 2 months ago and have only been 6 times so need to start going again. How about you will you be doing any activities etc.??

Goodluck and keep me posted

MrsMe xXx

Hi, yes I have heard of Curves :) Unfortunately I am a bit gym phobic, so I prefer running with the old Ipod in :)

Am planning on a walk/jog/run for about an hour a day, plus riding my horses for about an hour as well

I thought i wouldn't like the gym but curves is so easy, you go in swipe your key fob workout cool down and walk out all in a bout 30mins. I also walk down there so takes my workout to about 1hr (usually tues, thurs and sat) my bf picks me up as after just want to have my dinner and go to sleep lol.

Goodluck

MrsMe xXx

Hey All,

Is anyone else on slim fast?? Thought it would be nice to have a diet buddy. I tried calorie counting but wasn't working. So now have decided to try slim fast at the moment it is only £3.32 a tin of powder in tescos!! I bought the vanilla and the strawberry one, the vanilla one tastes a bit like fudge (mmmmm). First day was pretty easy although i didn't have my first shake til 12noon then had another at 2.15, at about 4pm had a handful of grapes and then coz tescos was only taking card payments yesterday (ridiculous i know!!), and i refuse to pay co-op prices we had no food so picked up a bag of chips on the way home. can't have been more than 600cals though??
gonna weigh myself every monday so will keep you posted!!

Good luck everyone

MrsMe xXx

hi hun, i read on here that you should have your 1st shake/something within 1 hour of waking to kick start your metabolism, so even though you thought you were being good and lasting till lunch, its probably best to get the first one in and then stagger it. x

Hey Sparkle,

Thanks for the advise i didn't know this about your motabolism.

I had my first shake so late yesterday because i go to my mums on a monday to do my weekly shop, got to my mums at around 10am walked all the way to tescos and then was told that they would only take payments by card so had to walk all the way back down to a co-op to get my milk by the time i got back to my mums my baby wanted his lunch so had to wait for mine!! Always happens that way doesn't it?? lol.

Today i didn't have my shake til 10.30 as i just didn't feel hungry. And now at 1pm i'm not feeling hungry at all.

Really didn't expect these shakes to satisfy me but htey really do. the only diet i have started and by the second day am still optimistic about. Prob have another shake at around 2pm a snack at around 4pm then dinner when bf comes in at 6pm.

Really think this one is going to work and am slightly annoyed at thinking i wouldn't be able to do this for the past 2yrs (almost). Could've been at my goal weight by now. Ok am only on day 2 but feeling great about this.

I also go to the gym 3 times a week, 30min walk there, 30min workout and then my bf picks me up after. Do you do any activities at all??

MrsMe xXx

Hey everyone...

I'm starting slimfast today, came off cambridge diet and needed to give my body time to catch up with me stupidly starving myself for 3 weeks:rolleyes: so have put on about 7lbs:cool: Love slimfast as soooo easy done it before and lost 3 stone, so am aiming for a loss of 2lbs a week till xmas:D i know it can be done so am here if anyone wants to chat...i will also be going to gym 3-4 times a week once me now healed broken leg is up to it.

good luck girls x

Hi there :) I started slim fast today and am looking for a buddy too. I've put on 8lbs in the last month alone and it's really getting me down.

I've now put on 18lbs over a year, which seems a lot considering the number of diets I've been on trying to lose it!

I work as a waitress so I've kind of stopped going to the gym at the moment, my muscles always ache the next day after a long shift as it is!! Hoping to maybe get back out running though. I've heard about curves, my auntie did it for a while and lost over a stone. How much is it?

Dappy, good for you! Its always so hard to get back into the gym after a long break I find. And even harder after something like a broken leg I expect! How did you get on with the CD?

the one i go to is £29 per month but the signing up fee is £59 plus the £29. I got the signing fee swiped if i took a bag of shopping in for the homeless. they always have different deals just phone your local one and ask.

restarting SF tomorrow. slept for too long and was really hungry when i woke so had some noodles, crisps and a banana oops!!!

MrsMe xXx

Can I join in?

Hello ladies, I've just read all your posts and it seems you have a really nice little Slim Fast community starting here.

I could do with a support group for when i get the munchies.

I like your idea of the gym MrsMe but I hate working out in public... well done tho you must feel really good once you're done!

I'm hoping to get a dance mat for my husbands game he has an Xbox at the mo but is upgrading to a PS3 just gotta book in my dancing slot with him then! lol.

I forgot to ask... where do you all find those cool lil measurement lines? I want one, I want one!!!

Last edited:
Dappy, good for you! Its always so hard to get back into the gym after a long break I find. And even harder after something like a broken leg I expect! How did you get on with the CD?

Hey pinkemma, i'm itching to get back to gym physio say 2 weeks :p so am counting the days down.

Cambridge diet is good if you want the fast weight loss, but while on it for 3 weeks i had flu twice, and felt really down which isn't like me, plus i want to go to the gym alot and you can't do it on cambridge as slows the weight loss down.....so came back to slimfast as healthy and easy way to lose weight, just wish i had done it sooner:)

hey,

If you just click on one of our tickers then it will re-direct you to the website and you can create one of your own.

Feeling really crappy now, my bf was doing this with me and then he woke me up, calling me to say he had had enough and was quitting and is getting T/A with or without me, i was really hungry so i just said yeah. Then thought hey what the hell so just sat and ate anything in sight and only on my second day.

I really am getting to the point where i hate myself!!!:cry:I can't bear to look in a mirror or see my reflection in a window. I don't want any of my family to see me like this and unfortunatly don't have any friends to talk this through with:cry:.

I just can't seem to stick to anything and actually lose weight.:copon:

Sorry to moan but am just a bit low right now.

MrsMe xXx

Sorry to moan but am just a bit low right now.

Hey hun you're not moaning at all, this is what the forum is for:D... tomorrow is another day so don't beat yaself up over it, everyone has there bad moments and wobbles, i know i do mainly at weekends:rolleyes:..but that's the good thing about slimfast it's soooo easy to get back on track.

ok I created my ticker but how n where do i copy n paste the code?
Hey Mrsme dont get down.. you gotta stay positive n get back on the horse... you can do it, dont let the demons beat you!!! lol

MrsMe if it's any consolation I have not done too great today either

Tomorrow is another day and I am sure we will both do great tomorrow :)

MrsMe... Poor you, sounds like you've had a hellish day!! It's so hard to say no, I know that, it was takeaways with my ex that got me here in the first place. Maybe you could still have the takeaway but without the guilt? Have a look at: Find out which takeaway is the most healthy | Food | goodtoknow for some healthier ideas. I've found it quite helpful in past diets :)
You've got us to talk it over with. Don't worry. Just get back on that horse tomorrow!

Rachy: Once you've created the ticker it'll take you to a page where you can copy the code for it. Next go to 'User CP' at the top of this page and the 'edit signature' and paste the code in there :)

Dappy - Woo hoo! Not long till you can get back to the gym now! Go you!! And I never realised that about CD, I can't believe you don't get allowed to exercise on it!!

hey mrsme, chin up! we've all been there and to feel better about yourself, you've got to stick with it. i hate the way i look but know i am the only one who can do anything about it. i'm putting the naughty food in my mouth, no one else.

forget about today, start tomorrow meaning to stick with it. plan what you're having and when and if you get the munchies fill up on water or go and do something to take your mind of it!

this is for you hun, noone else. you can do it x

Hey,

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. I am feeling a bit more positive this morning and am going to take your advise sparkel and have mey first shake earlier, i think this is where i am going wrong. Thinking if i have my shake later i won't need my snacks!!! I will have a shake at 9am, a snack at 11am, another shake at 1pm, another snack a 3pm and dinner at 5pm and if i'm hungry later have another snack.

What is the best snacks to have, can i have anything as long as its under 100cals and 3g of fat?? I have noticed that the cuppa soups i buy only have 70-80cals and 1.7-2g of fat in them could i have one of these a day do you think??

Goodluck everyone and to myself god knows i need it lol.

MrsMe xXx

Back