started yesterday!!

Hi MrsMe (and everyone else!)

Stick with it - Im terrible at diets, like my food too much but it got to the point where it was making me very very depressed and taking over my life with hating the way I am and stuff so I started on SF 3wks ago!

I love it love it love it!! I am also gym-a-phobic and I got a Wii FIt and do that every night for 30mins aerobic stuff then some of the stomach crunches (up to 30 now!) and then on a Sunday I have to do an hour in total (or more if I feel up to it) and it's great!

I have a cereal bar after Ive taken the kids to school (found the SF ones too filling as I don't like eating first thing so switched to SpecialK bars at only 99cals so am 100cals up straight away) + shake and a snack for lunch (usually the cheese crisp things or the sour cream & chive pretzels) + dinner of 600cals + snack about 8pm which is usually one of the SF chocky bars or I've discovered the Go Ahead ones are good as well!!

Stick with it - we will all get there together

Hey,

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. I am feeling a bit more positive this morning and am going to take your advise sparkel and have mey first shake earlier, i think this is where i am going wrong. Thinking if i have my shake later i won't need my snacks!!! I will have a shake at 9am, a snack at 11am, another shake at 1pm, another snack a 3pm and dinner at 5pm and if i'm hungry later have another snack.

What is the best snacks to have, can i have anything as long as its under 100cals and 3g of fat?? I have noticed that the cuppa soups i buy only have 70-80cals and 1.7-2g of fat in them could i have one of these a day do you think??

Goodluck everyone and to myself god knows i need it lol.

MrsMe xXx

hi hun, yeah you can have whatever you fancy if its under the cal limit and i think you'll stick with it more then. good luck x

Hey everyone, i started SF on Monday and so far its going great!!!
I do find that i am starving by the time Dinner time comes around but will just have to cope, as long as there is nothing around to tempt me i should be fine.
Really hope this Diet will work because i have tried so many in the past, do really well in the first couple of weeks then fall of the wagon big style and put it all plus more back on!!!

Am trying to make an effort to do more exercise this time as well so have ordered myself a Nike+Ipod sports kit to try and keep myself motivated.

Good Luck everyone lets hope we all make it !!!

MandyJ you're so lucky.. I would love a wii fit board... have you tried the yoga yet? Ive always wondered if its any good.

thanks pinkemma.. after a few blonde moments i eventually figured it out!!!! lol

Slim Fast take two lol

Hey

Slim Fast take two lol

Hey everyone,

How are you all doing??

So my first day of my second attempt (can i still claim this as my day three??) Went so much better that the other two days by having the snacks!!!

I thought i would be better of not having the snacks!! Thinking i was saving calories so hopefully if i just keep going and having the snacks and shakes a a regular time i will be ok and stick to this.

Good luck,:)

MrsMe xXx

Hey mrsme... i think because you got straight back on the band wagon its ok to claim this as your third day... I have def found that some extra healthy snacks are helping me too.

Hey rachy-d,

I'm so glad you said that lol. I know it's amazing how little actually fills you up and how little cals are in them. Two satsumas only have 40cals in so if i was hungry enough i could have upto 5!! I had a whole tray of blackberries yesterday and they only had 48cals in them, i sat on my banana so couldn't eat that and was at my mums so just had 2 custard creams which is 130cals but as i didn't fill my other two snacks cals thought it was ok, what do you think??

Good luck with your diets

MrsMe xXx

That sounds ok to me MrsMe... I'm sure large bananas have up to 150 calories in them anyway... dont quote me on that but Im gonna chk n find out anyway.

And i love custard creams so much more than bananas too lol.

In a really good and posistive mood today hope you are all doing great on your diets and keep me posted everyone.

MrsMe xXx

Mmmm custard creams! Well I had my first blue ribband yesterday.. I like them but not as much as drifters!! And I discovered a delicious yoghurt by Tesco, its the low fat fruity mango yoghurt. Think its £1 for three but at 100 cals each its def worth it :)

Shock horror!!! I found out today that a medium pear has 96/98 cals in it and an apple 81 cals!!! I didnt realise that fruit was so high!! Only bananas of course... I cant believe it!

Yeah pinkemma I would have to agree.. drifters are nicer than blue ribbands... still need to get me some.

WOW!!! glad i didn't buy those pears wednesday now. Satsumas only have 20cals in them so if you are hungry enough you can have up to 5 for your 100cal snack. But i only need 2.

Just wondering...can you add all your snacks up and have them all at once or spread them all over the day for example this is what i had yesterday, is this ok??

9.30am ~ vanilla shake
11.30am ~ snack of grapes @ 100cals
1.30pm ~ strawberry shake
3.30pm ~ snack of c&o crisps @ 131cals
4.30pm ~ snack of 1 satsuma @ 20cals
5.30pm ~ Dinner @ 600cals
8.30pm ~ 1 piece of chocolate @ 34cals

So all day i had 285cals but had more than 100cals on the crisps but less on the fruit and chocolate, does this matter??

Also could i have just 2 snacks of 150cals or does it have to be 3 snacks of 100cals??

MrsMe xXx

Hey Mrsme... I'd say doing it that way is fine.... I dont think I would personally save say all 300 snack cals to eat at once myself because in my mind I would be aiming to burn off each or some of each snack just after I ate it... you probably can tho I'm not 100% sure.
I think also its good to give your body regular fuel to burn so that it doesnt suddenly go into shock hunger mode and start storing fat instead.
Listen to me sounding like madam wisdom!! Quick someone with experience take over!! Lol.

I have only just noticed on my slimfast tin that i am suposed to be making my shakes up with skimmed milk. I have been using semi-skimmed all week.
How bad do you think this is? will it stop me losing any weight this week i have stuck to it 100% other than that.
I cant believe how much of a numpty i have been, i've been really happy with myself because i've managed to stick to it completely and now i find out that i have been bad everyday!!!
I'm straight out to buy myself some skimmed milk i hjust hope i haven't ruined it too much.

Dont worry LauraP I cant see that it made that much of a difference really... just stick to it and if you dont lose much this time round at least you'll know why... I'm sure you will have tho. :)

Just changing your bodies calorie intake slightly makes a big diff in your first week and you have stuck to it completely which still means (even on semi skimmed milk) you've dropped your intake largely. Dont panic Mrs Mannering!! Lol.

Rachy - I can't believe that about pears!! I'm going to stop eating them for definate! I had one of them AND an apple the other day for a snack!

MrsMe - Thanks for that about satsumas.. they're my new fruit of choice lol. And I agree with Rachy, I like to eat my snacks spaced out. But I don't think it'll make a difference if you do eat more than 100 cals in one snack break - just as long as you make up for it later by eating less than 100, just as you've done. Only thing I've noticed in previous diets is, if I save up all my treats until night time I seem to put on more weight than if I eat them during the day. I asked the gym personal trainer and he said that although you burn calories at night while you sleep, you're not burning as much as you would during the day and plus, digestion of the food is harder because you're not moving around. That probably makes no sense at all, I'm totally waffling!

LauraP - Don't worry about it, I'm using semi-skimmed milk because my family prefers to have it over skimmed. Skimmed has 33 cals per 100ml and semi skimmed has 48 per 100ml. So for a shake, its only 38 cals more to have semi-skimmed. I don't think that'll make much difference to your overall weight loss, and as Rachy said - you've made a step in the right direction reducing your calories to start of with :)

Oh and.. was searching for drifters today and came across a 9 pack of time outs. 85 calories each! Calorie bargain!!

Right.. enough waffling.. back to revision! Mm waffles... lol

Last edited:
Oh Iam so off out to buy myself some yummy snacks in a bit!! Immissing out here big time!!

Back