Cruise PV Starter for Luncheon Party - help!

fatmands

Dear All, I am going to a luncheon party, and have to take a starter, I will be having a PV day by then, and would love some inventive and exotic suggestions (sorry no fish,one of the guests allergic!). Difficulty rating - any. My mind has gone blank.

ooh, thank you -that's a good idea, I could line ramekins with parma ham and fill with quiche mix, bake, cool, upside down decant, garnish with rocket and a drizzle of balsamic syrup..what you think?

That sounds yummy too - I did stuffed mushrooms with finely chopped ham/garlic/chilli/quark and topped with a bit of oatbran and served with rocket and drizzle of Dr Dukan Maya dressing which I made with a chilli mustard too. I LOVED this.

An emergency recipe when schedule doesn't allow cooking....

Waitrose do packs of quail eggs.

Just make little nests of salad leaves, pop in some eggs and sprinkle with the celery salt from the sachet in the pack. You can drizzle on dressing as well.

mini quiches are a good idea - but don't use parma ham unless you trim it really really well... you could use Bresaola instead (available from Sainsbury or Aldi for example), it's a similar strong aromatic dried meat which is low fat (and allowed on Dukan), no trimming required.

Mini home-made burgers on a skewer with a slice of grilled courgette? Or other Veg.

Mini chicken skewers.

SORRY I'm getting into finger food here - you were presumably looking for a proper starter!

Chicken salad:
Crunchy chicken salad recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food
using a little sweetener instead of sugar?

Dip and crudites? Green herb & yogurt dip recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food
Or Tzatziki (cucumber, yoghurt, garlic) as dip / sauce with grilled spicy meatballs.

'Ribbon Salad' like in this recipe, it's gorgeous (with sweetener) - just add a non-fish protein like spicy grilled chicken:
Superhealthy salmon burgers recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Good luck and let us know what you end up making!

Thank you so much all, you have got my creative juices going again. Thank you Anjuschka, I wondered where to get Bresaola, couldn't find it in the local Tesco so will have to go to Sainsbury's. Love the idea of Quails egg Atropos -hope they are peeled ! All other 'occasion' recipes welcomed pleased, can never have too many. x

Sainsburys have bresaola on offer at £2.50 for 2 packs. M&S also do it, its a bit more expensive and I think the flavours better, but to be honest its not that much better!

Back