Starting a new wardrobe!!

mrsmac247

Hi all bif of a silly question really but i am wondering how do you start a newe wardrobe. Over my years of fluctuating i have everything from a size 10 to a size 18!!

I am not sure what to do chuck it all out and only keep what size i am or keep all the sizes just in case?? Bearing in mind that some of the clothes are years old lol

If you were to start again, what staples and how many would you have as a startup??

hi their my wardrobe was the same- i had a clear out the other week and only found a few items that fitted me lol( happy but devostated at the same time) baring in mind most of my clothes were a size 20!!! and i never want to be that size agan so i listed them all on ebay!!!! and mad quite abit return.....however i work 5 days a week in uniform so only at the weekends do i wear my normal clothes so i bought 4 pairs of jeans, 6 tops, and new undies to put me on untill their dropping off because i see no point in buying loads more things in a size 16 which i am now when i dont want to stay this size if you get what i mean
laura xx

thank you so much!! I am a natural horder and always believe in fitting into something eventually but it is producing a distorted image as to what i can actually wear! AHH! (lightbulb moment!) I could bag up the good stuff in smaller sizes until i get there. I am at a funny size I believe i am an 18 but some are way too large and 16 are too small :( but yes i should perhaps put away all clothes in the 10-14 range until i get there!

Great idea which i did think about but i recently sold some stuff on there and in the last batch two people arer saying they havent received it. I tried to tell them about the postal strikes but i have no way of proving i sent them and now they want a refund:(

Do you suggest getting rid of all the clothes? larger and the smaller ones?

Get rid of the big ones! Just keep the most horrible one as a reminder that you'll never go there again, and keep the smaller ones you can't get into. They may not suit you when you get there, but what the hell! And keep a beady eye on the charity shops! I'm wearing a lovely knitted cotton tunic from M&S that I got the other week. Didn't look as if it had been worn, £3.50! I must take my big trousers down there this week!

when i sell things i do recorded as proof that it has been sent :)

Great idea which i did think about but i recently sold some stuff on there and in the last batch two people arer saying they havent received it. I tried to tell them about the postal strikes but i have no way of proving i sent them and now they want a refund:(

Do you suggest getting rid of all the clothes? larger and the smaller ones?

Thanks everyone, i started this evening with the clearing out and have a big bag of some larger clothes and those that are smaller that i wouldnt wear when i get there lol.

Will definately take on board the sending registered mail with ebay as what i am going through is a big headache!!

Cant wait till i finish probably by the weekend and then to write the shopping list, think i will aim for a few size 16 staple peices to fit into in a week or so:)

I got rid of most of my "big" clothes at the charity shops around town, and was quite amazed by some of the lovely "smaller" ones when I was there - I bought a few lovely things and it was great to fit into them BEFORE getting to the weight/size I wanted to get to, without spending a fortune, which meant I didn't feel as bad spending a little bit more than I would normally when I found another few lovely things in the other fashionable high street shops!

I didn't think anyone would have wanted my "big" stuff on e-Bay, but there are loads of stuff on there, just like some of the stuff I took to the charity shops.

I kept a few really nice "big" things that I didn't want to let go, and I've taken them in!

I always get one of my 4 daughters (who are all between 25-35) to give me their opinions on my new or adapted clothes - I don't want to look like "mutton dressed as lamb" - I need the re-assurance and I know they'll give me their "honest opinion" ..... even if it does hurt sometimes!

Well done on the weight loss and all the Best o'luck'n'stuff with this!

Many thanks Jacky, going to restart the packing up tomorrow done so much already but i am sure if i go back through i could take out another bags worth, i think it might be a good time for me to just say goodbye to the old thing and the old life and make a real change:)

I get an awful lot of stuff from charity shops. 3 main reasons, 1, great stuff at a fraction of the shop price, 2 the charity benefits from the funds, & 3, what a fab way to recycle! I donate lots too, not just clothing. Latest good buys, a brand new pair of M&S trousers for £3.50, and a gorgeous designer pink cashmere cardigan for a fiver...I don't see any point in keep buying brand new clothing, when my size is dropping faster than I can afford to keep up with it! :D

Don't talk to me about clothes...LOL!!!

My OH has bollocked me big style over the amount of money I have spent on new clothes ..... I just have to do it I lost over 4 stone and reduced my size a great deal.

Philx

Back