Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

Good morning ladies......where are you all??

Good jod that they are good friends Sue or I might take you up on your suggestion. Just going to add though that they are both thin friends:copon:

Well off I go for yet another Xmas meal. I really will be glad if I never see food again. Don't think I've ever said that before!!! Going to drive today even though Bill has offered to drive me there. At least I can refuse the wine.:innocent0002: Just got the nibbles party with Bill :party0036:to get through tonight and that's it....hopefully

Hi Becca, hope you've started the anti depressants. My hubby was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease 2 years ago and couldn't accept it. He went into a real state, crying all of the time, not wanting to go anywhere or do anything. Our Gp gave him anti depressants and he was on them for 6 months. The difference in him was unbelievable. I know people think that there's a stigma associated with taking them but who needs to know ? And the people who care about you won't care what medication you're on as long as you get better. Let us know how you are today.

Hope your WI went well Nikki.

How are things with you Kim? Have you bought all the pressies for your girls?:47: Glad mine are grown up as Xmas with little ones is soooo expensive now.

Hope you're all having a good day and are just too busy to post.

Luv Ang xx

I can't believe it, this week off work has totally made me lose track of my days. Should have weighed first thing but didn't realise the day!!Flippin' 'ell. Anyway did what I said I never do, just weighed dressed 11.7 so thinking should be 11.4? undressed. Will do it properly tomorrow. It seems very quiet on all the threads this week I think, probably everyone busy with Christmas. I agree with you Ang ,there is SO much stigma with anything to do with Mental health issues such as depression and medication. It takes a strong person to say "Yes this is becoming too difficult, I need help" with whatever.

Morning ladies

How is everyone today?

Ange, sounds like you had a lovely evening :). Hope you enjoy today too. I say down with people who can eat eat eat and not out weight on ( only joking. It's not as if I'm in the slightest bit jealous or anything. Honestly :)). I think be through today and thoroughly enjoy it then start tomorrow as a fresh day.

Sue, you make me laugh ( re Capitol punishment for Ange's friends :)) think you should weigh in again undressed tomorrow Hun and let us know how you've done. Am hoping its a good loss for you :). Clothes weigh different depending what you've got on I guess, and whether or not you've had anything to eat or drink can make a difference too. I usually weigh first thing naked before I've had anything to eat / drink

Kim, how are you don't lovely? Busy doing Christmas bits I should imagine.

Will be starting my tablets tonight Ange. There is a stigma I think you're right. That was my initial concern with the GP because I've heard of people getting too reliant and addicted to them which I didn't want to do. I don't want to be seen as a depressive either as apart from the obvious the rest of my life ( home, hubby, relationship with parents etc, work ( when I'm there)) is all good. I think though I'm just going to accept the help. I am just worried that I'll ruin Christmas for my family by being miserable so want to avoid that at all costs.

Am back at work half days from Monday. My employer has emailed me this morning to say that my wages will be adjusted accordingly!! Grrr!!! Fair enough I guess to only pay me for the time I there but it does make you a bit mad when you put so much effort in and do overtime unpaid to help out. Hey ho, money isn't that important but right o Christmas it's a bit of a bugger.

Am off out tonight with my mum and her friend. We're going to something called 'deck the halls' which is a mixture of a show, carols, and a buffet put n by the local amateur dramatic society. Just need to be good with the buffet :).

Hope you all have a fab Friday my lovelies xxxx

Ang , hope you enjoy another (yes read it ladies.... another) meal out. No shame lol. Becca glad to see you are thinking about your next step positively, its all just a process to get you where you need to go Hon.And lets be honest as i'm sure Ang has posted previously this is a hard time of year for lots of reasons so when you get through this you will know you can do it,there may be wobbles here and there but you will do it. Hope everyone else is having a good start to their weeknd and shopping their little hearts out. I can't face it, just had a little jolly to Asda and that is me DONE!

Thank you sue.

You are very brave tackling asda on a Friday!!!!! Xx

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok

I had a lovely afternoon out riding, weather was lovely and so we decided to go for a hack, it's beautiful where I ride, in the middle of the countryside next to the estuary, the wildlife you get to see while on horseback is incredible, I always feel really at peace in the countryside and after my very hectic visit to the shopping mall on Thursday afternoon, getting back into the country was just what I needed to refresh.

Sue, I laughed out loud when I read you hadn't weighed again, I think we are going to have to set you a special alarm to remind you! Fingers crossed for a good result tomorrow, let us know.

Is tomorrow your first Saturday weigh since deciding to change day Becca? Let us know how you get on, hope you will be pleased.

Sounds like you have had a busy week Nikki, what day did you weigh in the end? How did you do? What are your plans for the weekend?

Isn't it always the way Ang, that all the events happen at once, you've had quite a week, I wish I had such a busy social life! As you can probably remember from when your children where young, nights out are pretty rare for us! I have enjoyed buying the girls gifts, we don't get them much during the year, just birthdays and Christmas, its good to make them wait for things then they really appreciate it.I don't go mad with gifts as they get lots with the family being so big. But the main present is a bike each. I am a born saver, just like my mum and so we save a little each month and then we are prepared for Christmas and birthdays.ive also managed to shop around and get some really good deals, I've saved a fortune doing that.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend x

Sorry in advance ladies but what the F! Sat here eating my toast, cup of tea curled up in my VERY attractive onesie catching up on here and what do I read...that I missed my WI yesterday and that i am supposed to do it today. Bu&&eration! I think the cold has frozen my brain cells. I didn't even have treat night yesterday as I hadn'y weighed so thought I would havea sneaky little extra nifght to lose. I am not weighing after breakfast, goes against pretty much all my principles lol. Sorry ladies but I am going to post a STS just to be safe, I will weigh tomorrow though. Off to a Christmas Fayre this afternoon hopefully but will steer clear of the mince pies, cos I really don't see the point of eating 1, after all even if they are homemade they don't come as singles ,baking trays usually have 12 (don't they Ang?)
Becca , does Hereford have a christmas fayre/market coming up. I enjoy a run up to your neck of the woods although we haven't been for a while, trying to get myself in the christmas spirit, as I have only Xmas eve and Xmas day off its hard sometimes. I do usually work Xmas day as I have Xmas eve with my boy, do the run to his sister and SIL and grandkids then ready to see the tenants on the day itself (which I actually enjoy, just my company don't need to know;)). I am off out to our local golf club with friends boxing night but back into work the next morning so need to be really mindful of the drinking or see if I can arrange a lift, anyhow......
Ang, i hope you have done with all your meals out, we are on WW not one of those strange "refeed" thongs lol

Morning ladies

How is everyone ?

Sue you are so funny :). Hope you enjoy all your festivities. It's a shame you have to work Christmas Day but at least you've planned around it so you still get to seem your family and friends. Hereford doesn't have a Christmas market as such but every weekend in December there is what they call a farmers market in the centre of town where lots of local produce is on sale n different stalls, also some craft stalls etc, they seem to change every week. If you're ever this way let me know and we can maybe meet for coffee :). You'll have to set yourself a weigh in alarm for tomorrow and put notices u around your house to remind you :).

Kim, horse riding in the country sounds lovely. I've never been on a horse myself but one day plan to have a go. Good idea saving throughout the year for Christmas, its so expensive. I be your little people will be so pleased wit their bikes, it will be lovely to see their faces Christmas morning :)

Ange, how was your meal? That's it now, 2 weeks of Christmas free meals :). Planning is they key.

I managed to loose 1/2 lb this week so am ok with that, it's frustrating that its piddly little amounts but it all adds up. I was good last night at the buffet, I had a very small amount and only 1 miniature mince pie. The entertainment was quite good, it was an amateur dramatic society singing Christmas songs, some of which the audience joined in with. They are so brave to stand on the stage and sing solos though, I couldn't do that.

What do you all have planned for the weekend? I'm off to see my nan in a bit ( shes in a residential home) then off to town with mum so she can finish her Christmas shopping, no don't that will take most of the day :). Tomorrow will probably juste be ironing clothes and getting bits read for work. Need to plan my food for the week too. Not sure what hours I'm doing yet though so don't know whether I need to plan to take lunch or if I'll be home for it. We do have a meeting in Worcester Tuesday though wit lunch provided which is usually baked potatoes and salad, then Thursday night we're off out for a 3 course Christmas meal with friends. It's pre booked so know in advance I'm going to be a bad girl :(. I've ordered pâté ( yes, slap me now), then turkey, followed by spiced apple Wellington which involves lots of gooey apples and pastry with a gooey sauce ( oops, think I need to be severely reprimanded now !!!!!!!! ( bet it will taste Bloomin lovely though ;))

Hope you all have a fab Saturday xxxxx

I am weighing tomorrow but I think it will probably be a STS. I am off this xmas day, last post rambled a bit lol. How are you feeling about Monday Becca? Not nice when you feel forced into doing something is it, especially when its your health thats holding you back. Make sure you don't go undoing what has been acheived by the rest you have had.

Hi sue

Sorry, mis read your post. Duh, m brain cells have all gone to sleep being off work.

I'm ok about Monday at the mo. am looking forward to seeing some people, but then there are other o course who are nice to your face but behind your back accuse yo of 'milking your time off and stretching it out. The one thing that does annoy me is that there are women at work who have had caesareans and think my surgery is comparable and that they were ok after a few weeks and back to normal so why wasn't I. Still, no point dwelling on them, I just figure work is what enables me to have a life. The only thing that frustrates m is that they seem to think I can just jump right back in and catch up in a matter of a week, no chance!!!! Sorry, rambling now.

Anyway lovely have a fab weekend :) xx

Morning ladies,

Well I'm food free for 2 weeks...no more meals out.:giveup: Never thought I'd be glad to say those words but definitely didn't plan my last 10 days well

Sue, you do make me laugh. The thought of my backside in a thong , well I know that wasn't ahat you said but the image just won't go out of my head:banana dancer:
Are you going to get weighed this week at all. Hope it's worth it when you do

Kim, wow you make me so envoius when you talk about riding a horse through the lovely countryside. Do you own the horse? My neighbour has a couple of horses and she has now passed the competition side of things over to her 13yr old daughter. She wins allsorts of trophies. Do you compete? No wonder you lose decent amounts of weight each week with all the execise you do. You put us all to shame:whacky068:

Nikki, where are you? Are you being good:party0051:

And Becca, you sound a little bit more upbeat today. Hope you enjoy shopping with your Mum. I wish my daughter lived closer as I love going shopping with her. I think the shopping bond between mum and daughter is great.
Don't overdo it at work. I know it's easy to say that you won't but it tends to be a different story once you get there and people start asking you to do things.:nono:

Putting my tree up today with Laura :xmastree:when she gets home from gymnastics, then putting the marzipan on my Xmas cake tomorrow ready to decorate it on Thursday with Laura.....hope that will get me out of baking and then eating it

Bill just gone down to his dads as he's not too good. Hope he's ok, he's 89 and getting confused.

Well enjoy your day ladies

Luv Ang xx

Hi everyone, hope you've all had a good day and managed to stick to the diet.
So glad you corrected yourself Sue, I was wondering what "one of those strange refeed thongs" were, thought I must have missed something!!! So funny that you forgot to weigh, but like you said I wouldn't dare get on the scales after breakfast!!! the alarm has been set for tomorrow morning Sue!!! as I wrote on the other thread, at this rate you are going to have to going the mon, tues, wed, thurs, fri, sat and sun weigh in threads. That will be lovely for you to have Christmas day off for a change, will that mean you see your son on Christmas day instead of Christmas eve this year.

Well done on the 0.5lb loss Becca, slow and sure is the best way and it all adds to your target, well done x Hope you had a lovely time shopping and visiting your nan. was it very busy at the shops today? your Thursday night meal sounds like its going to be lovely, yum yum!! will be thinking of you on Monday and hope it all goes well, sounds like you are like me and worry too much about what everyone else is thinking, try not to worry you have totally done the right thing x

Sorry to hear that about your father in law Ang, hope he is ok? I remember when we were caring for my grandma what a worry it was, she was such a wonderful women and it was terrible to see her deteriorate. Do you do all the caring for him or does he have any additional assistance? well done for the fantastic job you are obviously doing, love carries you through but its not easy. That will be lovely to decorate the cake with Laura, hope there isn't too much marzipan and icing left over, that's my weakness!! Was it through jobs that your daughter ended up living so far away? it must be tough for you, you will be looking forward to your get together in the new year.

Hope you are ok Nikki and having a lovely weekend.

Ive ridden since I was a child at the same stables, the owner is one of the nicest people ive ever met, since getting married and having a daughter she doesn't do as much teaching because having liverys is a more stable income, but she always finds time for me to go and ride, I was always too nervous and shy to complete. Ive never owned my own horse mum and dad where always happy to buy me a pony but to be honest I always felt like the ponies at the stables were as good as owning my own. Ive always felt incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to ride the amazing horses ive ridden.

Looking forward to hearing Sues weigh in after being kept in suspense for sooooooooooo many days!!!

Hi!!! I'm here!!! Sorry I've literally not had time to come on here :( I have been being good though! I'm getting far too excited for Christmas! How is everyone? I passed that awful assignment that I spent last weekend doing so I'm pleased with that! What's everyone upto today? Hope you're all okay! Nikki :) xxx

Well after all that suspense.......drum roll......stayed the ******* same. Not impressed! Haven't even had a treat this weekend which I always do (was the point of the fri WI) not a happy bunny. Shouldn't have griped about my 1lb a week losses should I. Never mind stll got 15 days.........

Morning lovelies

How is everyone today?

Sue, a STS usually means a good loss the following week if you've been good so stay positive Hun :).

Ange, how are you doing? Hope you're having a fab weekend. How is Bills dad?

Nikki, lovely to hear from you. Hope you're having a fab December so far

Kim are you having a nice Christmassy weekend?

I'm doing ok. Had a nice day yesterday. Didn't get to see nan as she was sleeping and didn't want to disturb her. Town with mum was nice. She managed to finish her Christmas shopping I think, and she treated me to a nice chunky cardi from per una to keep me snugly in work. Yes, work tomorrow for me. Not sure what hours I'm doing until I get there though. Today dim planning on ironing clothes and seeing what I can comfortably wear so I don't have last minute panics in the morning. Only working 4 days this week. Out Thursday night for our 'naughty but nice' Christmas meal, then have a dance lesson Friday and possibly a social dance Friday night depending how I'm feeling by then.

Hope you're all staying strong and being sensible :). Only 15 days to go :) xxxxx

Back