starting again after a 2 month break

melissa85

Silver Member
hi guys n dolls,

well i originally started cd ss in january and struggled from day 1 but i kept trying and lost almost 3 stone, i planned to come off it for my holiday in august but never quite managed to get back in to it and ive gained 1.5 stone.

im restarting it on tuesday but this time i have no pressures, my last goals were my holiday and fitting in to a bridesmaid dress which instead of spurring me on they hindered me, whenever i fell off the wagon i felt dreadfully guilty and kept telling myself ill never make my goals which in turn caused me to have a "what the heck ive ruined it now anyway" attitude.

these events have now passed and im doing for myself now, not a dress or a holiday but for my own happiness.

i cant wait to get back in to it i know it will be tough but im glad i have all the support from you guys xxx:)

Hi, I am restarting today for the third time. Good luck with it all.

im restarting it on tuesday but this time i have no pressures, my last goals were my holiday and fitting in to a bridesmaid dress which instead of spurring me on they hindered me, whenever i fell off the wagon i felt dreadfully guilty and kept telling myself ill never make my goals which in turn caused me to have a "what the heck ive ruined it now anyway" attitude.

these events have now passed and im doing for myself now, not a dress or a holiday but for my own happiness.

i cant wait to get back in to it i know it will be tough but im glad i have all the support from you guys xxx:)

This very much mirrors my situation. Im a Best Man at my mates wedding in 2 weeks time, and I had to slim down for a nice suit. Unfortunately, I didnt get going on the diet so havent lost the weight. oh well. Im thinking that after the wedding, I, too, am doing it for myself so can really focus (hopefully), and will aim to lose 3-4 stone by xmas. Best of luck Melissa.

hi all

well day one nearly over will be going to bed in a couple of hours as am up for work at 3am so dont have to worry bout cravings whilst watching tv. i have had a couple of cups of white coffee mainly cos it warms me up i get very cold the first few days of ss and i cant take it black (yuk) i will gradually cut it out cant see it doing much damage seeing as ive cut out a few thousand calories. anyhoo will post tomorrow,

good luck everyone xx

Good luck on your journey, am re-starting too so will be watching your posts. Day 1 for me - motivated at the mo. so will keep at it!

hi again,

well day 2 nearly done and not cheated so am chuffed sick of the sight of the loo though lol. the hardest day tomorrow wish me luck, will post tomorrow nte xx

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. We are in control of the rest of our lives and what we are becoming! We will posistive all day and see that it is easy to do what we what to do!

i know im fine once i get through it its just a few hours that get a bit hairy and i know when its happening. hows youre 1st day been flowey? good luck with tomorrow xx

Good I do feel positive at the mo. I have a big goal ahead of me - party and shopping in UK (you don't know how lucky you are with shops!!). So if I stick to it, I should get to goal by end of November.
Going to wow one of my best friends and lots of family who I haven't seen since size 18/20. Am now in size 12 jeans and looking for 10 stone as goal.

How does everyone find next? Are their sizes on the 'just right' small or big side of things in comparison to other shops? Just like to dream of the clothes I'll be looking at in the UK and what by body size is really and what it will be when I finish.

where are you living at mo? god i would love to be a size 12 again cant wait to get there.

next i find are quite small, river island i find the sizes are quite good

well day 3 over and still on it just need to get by tomorrow and will be a new record for me. having condtant cravings though its horrible

well done melissa, you are a day ahead of me.
cool next size 12 are small - woo hoo
Never shopped in riverisland as always seemed on the small side. Now quite

excited.
I was so positive on day 1, now am on willpower to get through week 1. I will do this though and just need to keep busy.

How are you doing today?

Hi all im restarting today after 2 months off plan and eating crap, got weighed last night and have gained 2lb in 60days. i was 12.8 now im 12.10 so not too bad its so hard the 2nd time round 1st time i found it easy, but now this time findind it hard!!!!

jus want to wish all the re-starters gud luck i know im gonna need it!!!

Stacey - it just shows that if you got to goal you will probably be one of those that has the will power to maintain.

Very good luck to you!

Melissa - where are you? Are you doing ok?

hi everyone,

sorry not been on the pc for 2 days been kept busy. am doing good still struggling i did end up eating on day 4 however it was a low carb meal from one of the higher steps it did me good cos i felt so ill and hungry, im not one for willpower i do try so ave ben good since so this is day 6 for me i get weiged on wed so am looking forward to the reading.

hope everyone else is ok xx

hi flowey, am doing fine how are you getting on?

stacey (white) good luck and 2lb gain in 60 days is brill i was 1.5 stone gain in the same amount of time but i gain very quickly

Glad to hear your still on track melissa. Its my weigh-in tomorrow am so will let you know. I am very very hungry today!!! So just checking in to stay motivated but will be back later for a proper chat.

hey flowey, well good luck at the weigh in, mines is on wed. feeling ok at the mo but i always allow maself a treat after weigh in so am looking forward to that helps me through the week.

I am venturing back onto the diet today, just sitting down to my first meal. I am a porrdige man(cinnamon), I lost 2 1/2 stone last time up until May. I went to Florida on holiday and kept the weight off for a few months but over the last month and a half I have put it all back on :(. I have half heartedly tried to get back on previously but failed. Today is the day though where I do it for good. I'm planning a ten week stint up until the week before Xmas. Wish me luck!!:wave_cry:

Hello! Been following your progress and find all your posts inspiring. Had a few weeks off the diet (all went too well to start with!) and after a week full of bread, cheese and sugar I'm going out hard tomorrow. No turning back...dread the next three days. But feel motivated!

Back