Starting again after a year and a half

wintye

Hello all

I've decided to pour myself into the website this time round. About 4 years ago I started LL. I managed 8 weeks on just the shakes and then quit:ashamed0005:.

I have started Cambridge several times since then and have never got passed week 3.

What's really strange is why I quit. When I look back now on the why I quit LL, I remember standing in front of my bedroom mirror when ready to leave the house for work and although dressed, I felt naked. I felt like people could see the real me.

At my next meeting we had to imagine ourselves at goal and wearing whatever we wanted, be it a wedding dress or little black number etc. I couldn't imagine myself anything other than the weight I was. I told the counsellor and although she thought this was strange she understandably didn't know what to do.

After looking back on this several times I have finally realised that I hide behind my weight and this worries me for future weight loss. I still don't know how to get passed this.

Is there anyone else that has had this?

Well, I think that's honest enough for now:)

I'm off to check out the rest of the website.

Good luck everyone and take care.

C xxx

Last edited:
Well day one down and onto day two.

I'm really proud of myself as I was shocked when my CDC said the policy had changed and as my BMI is over 40, I would have to start on the 810 plan.

I was terrified and even thought of just drinking the shakes and not eating the remaining but not telling anyone. I'm no good at lying though and I can't help thinking I would only be cheating myself.

I got to last night and it was about 8pm and I couldn't be bothered to cook the chicken breast and veg but was hungry so just thought get on with it and do this properley. I'm so glad I did in the end, it was delicious and helped me get through the evening.

Now today I feel like I really have something to aim for, DINNER, lol.

I sprinkled on paprika and loved it. Never tried that before, can you believe that?

Well, I may post again later today. I need to figure out how to move this thread to the CWP diary section.

Bye for now xxx

Back