Step 1 Sole Source Starting again and really want achievement this time

Well I am back. New country this time. Now I live in Dubai. Lost my Mum to cancer last July and my weight just rocketed. Finally looked at my pictures from my holiday and what the scales said, and thought you are out of control.
I was 320lbs when I started Cambridge this time. Never in my life, did I think I was ever going to weigh as much. I was always a big girl, but I was tall and I could sometimes get away with carrying it well. Not any more. My lower back is killing me, my arms are enormous. I'm size 22 (UK), but I would love to be back to a 14/16.
Today at weight in, I was 307lbs.
I remember being certain weights: 294,280, 273, 266, 258.
Those will be my first markers.
I am returning to the UK from Dubai in July and the UK does judge fat people much more than Dubai, so I want to do it for that, and of course, I want to feel free!
I know my Mum would want me to succeed at this.
Its been hard - one day, 6 babybel found its way into my trolley when I only went in for water and sweetener tablets for my tea, but I am DETERMINED to succeed. I want to lose 5 stone by the time I go home in July. I am going to keep going.
I am very on my own here in Dubai, and love reading everyones story here. I am so glad that this forum is here, and hopefully will make some friends along the way!
Lots of love to all of us!
xxxxxx

Good luck with your journey and you will reach your goals with determination and hard work
I live in Holland and don't have family here either and on a plus side it does mean you control your eating as you don't have as many social engagements lol

Hi Alyson thanks for replying! Yes and I work in a really small office often on my own so there is a bonus to not team lunches or drinks!!!
X

Every cloud and all , there are days I struggle terribly but I just try and take each day at a time and each stone at a time rather than my end weight ! That works for me I understand it's not the same for everyone but set yourself mini goals that you can reach and achieve alongside aiming for the bigger ones

Yes that's what I do. I've got different weights i remember being so I'm just slowly working towards those! I do exactly what you do. To even be under 280 would be a massive achievment at the moment!!!! How long have you been on SS? X

This is my 6th week and it is getting easier, but then how easy is eating under 500kcals a dayfor anyone
If you need a rant or an ear to bend or just having a bad day feel free to give me a shout as it's sometimes just nice to offload a bad day with people who know how hard it is xxx

Hi Bermudagirl
Firstly i am so sorry for the loss of your mum. What an awful life experience ((HUGS))
Secondly...congrats on making the brave decision to turn your life around. You can definately do this! Your mind is in the right place! Just keep aiming for your mini targets and before you know it you will be heading for your target!

Hi Bermudagirl
Firstly i am so sorry for the loss of your mum. What an awful life experience ((HUGS))
Secondly...congrats on making the brave decision to turn your life around. You can definately do this! Your mind is in the right place! Just keep aiming for your mini targets and before you know it you will be heading for your target!

Thanks Jelly!!! Your support is so appreciated! Was her birthday yesterday but I got thru it! Am due the TOTM now but I don't care, I'm going to keep going. My first target is 250 by July with the little milestones along the way. Then there will be another target! So glad this site is here and all your lovely people are xxxx

Thanks Jelly!!! Your support is so appreciated! Was her birthday yesterday but I got thru it! Am due the TOTM now but I don't care, I'm going to keep going. My first target is 250 by July with the little milestones along the way. Then there will be another target! So glad this site is here and all your lovely people are xxxx

Happy birthday to your mum for yesterday xx I am sure she would be super proud of you and how determined you are to change your life
I hope your doing ok and the weekend isn't too difficult sending you lots of hugs xx

Glad you got through yesterday babe. As Alyson said i am sure she will be so proud of you. You are doing things the right way with breaking your goals down into mini targets. Some times if i allow myself to think about how much i have to lose and how long i will be on this diet i can feel my heart start to race and i almost get a little panicky! I have to have a good talk to myself! Lol. Its almost as if part of me wants to sabotage my success by trying to view is as impossible. But its not. Anything is possible. We can do anything we want if we want it enough. I want it more than anything. So i too am breaking it down mentally into smaller goals to aim for. We will do this! You will be so happy you stuck to it when you are 5+ stones down for returning to the uk. Keep up the good work
Diane xxx

Well said @Jellybabie , I think we are all guilty of self sabotage and are always our own worst critics
After reading your post this morning I have started my day feeling a little more positive so thank you for that
I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday and its so nice to have such lovely people to talk to you make you feel just that little bit better every day xx

Hi girls @Jellybabie @Alyson19802 how is everyone doing this week? Sorry for the late response, but we work Sunday to Thursday here in Dubai, so it was my back to work depression on Sunday haha!
Thanks so much for the lovely birthday wishes for my Mum. I was a bit upset, but I didn't break once, and I am still going strong. I am due the TOTM now, so the loss stalled yesterday, ususally I have a consistent loss every day, but today we were going again so that is nice to see. I feel so motivated this time, its just brill! I cannot wait to get to my first mini goal as I have not been that weight since at least 2010. haha! All these years, I have kept two pairs of trousers I totally loved. One pair I haven't worn since 2004. We are a long way off from getting into those, but its a big push to do it.
How are you both this week? Anything new and exciting happening?
Love to you both and thanks again for your kind words
xxxx

How was your day yesterday? It's my birthday Friday and I contemplated giving myself a weekend off and have since realized I have worked too bloody hard this last 6 weeks to set myself back and everything will still be there in a few weeks time so staying strong so far lol

Hi @Alyson19802 how are you? HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow!!!! What are you doing? Anything special. Good on for keeping going. Look, the way I see it, when you get to where you want to be, you can have every weekend off because you will be the weight you want to be and will just need to maintain it! Good on you girl - proud of you!
I am ok. TOTM is killing me. Bloated and even though I have been good as gold, had put 2lbs on this morning with water retention. Much as though it would be so easy to fall off the wagon (just like you have not come this far to ruin it for a chinese or something!!), I am not going to and I have decided no more jumping on the scales until Monday WI. I would be so happy if I even just into the next set of 10lbs lol.
Have a lovely day tomorrow hon and keep going!!!
xxx

Hi @Alyson19802 how are you? HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow!!!! What are you doing? Anything special. Good on for keeping going. Look, the way I see it, when you get to where you want to be, you can have every weekend off because you will be the weight you want to be and will just need to maintain it! Good on you girl - proud of you!
I am ok. TOTM is killing me. Bloated and even though I have been good as gold, had put 2lbs on this morning with water retention. Much as though it would be so easy to fall off the wagon (just like you have not come this far to ruin it for a chinese or something!!), I am not going to and I have decided no more jumping on the scales until Monday WI. I would be so happy if I even just into the next set of 10lbs lol.
Have a lovely day tomorrow hon and keep going!!!
xxx
Thank you so much hunny that's so lovely of you
How are you feeling today ? I hope your not feeling too bad , I know when I have my TOTM this time round I suffered a lot more with cramps and pain in general

Hi hon happy birthday again. How are you? Mad cravings today because of TOTM but keeping going! TOTM nearly finished so hopefully will all be back to normal on Monday! We just need to keep going! X

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes xxx
I feel your pain OH and kids had bacon rolls and cake for brunch this morning I had to make do with my pack and black coffee ! But staying strong and I am doing this !!!!
We got this definitely I promised myself I won't put myself through this again and I need to be able to resist temptation and not just eat because I want to
Sending you hugs fingers crossed you feel better soon xx have a lovely afternoon

Thank you Diane and well done am staying strong ! Our bloody bodies as women are designed against us at times
I how you have a lovely weekend

Back