Starting again, buddies please.

Shiv13

Hey, I posted back in Jan saying I was starting DC again, I also may have mentioned I have terribble willpower. I am back on the wagon though.
Been a bit ill and back and fortht ot he drs, my usual dr is on maternity leave and the dr covering her finally decided to accept the notion that my contraceptive implant could be the cause of some of my weight/headache etc problems.
I even mad ea little graph and found aproper correlation between me being on the pill etc and getting chubby.
Had the thing taken out of my arm Wednesday last week, when the dr weighed me I was 12st 13lb. Had a check up yday, all good, I weighed 12st 7lb.
Havent change dmy diet or exercise one bit, so a brillioant incentive to start. Here I go. Granola for brekkie, mmm.

Anyone want a buddy??? I know I do better when I have one xxxx

So I am also starting Diet Chef again. Last time I lost 2.5 stone by following it and also exercising regularly (I do the latter anyway and have done for years). I am pretty disappointed in myself that I have put the weight back on - I can't really work out how I let it happen! I am determined that once I lose the weight again, I must keep the discipline of weighing myself once a week to keep a tab on how my weight it and if it starts creeping up again, I need to take action. I do have willpower although I travel quite a bit with work so that always screws up my diet routine and it's hard when I can't take most of the food with me. Eating out with colleagues is always a challenge to keep to the healthy options and not start on the bread and wine etc! I have a trip coming up on Monday for a few days so I'll have to do my best but not beat myself up too much if I do have a glass of wine with a sensible dinner. I figure as long as I do what I can, especially when I'm home and in more control, I'll be moving the right way. It's funny how I have to be in the right frame of mind to start over again - even though I have wanted to be smaller for the last 18-24 months, for some reason my head wasn't right to do it - not really committed to it. I don't know what happens - it's almost like a switch comes on and then I feel like 'right, now I'm ready to really do it' and unless that happens, I just can't do it! Anyone else relate to that? At least the switch has gone on at the moment and I'm determined to see it through (and I've done it before so I know I can do it again!). Anyway, getting back into my healthier habits now (fruit bowl on my desk at work), veg every evening with my Diet Chef, more fruit at home etc. So I reckon I want to lose another 2.5 stone - maybe 3. I'm also happy to buddy up if anyone wants!!

thinking of starting/ cambridge diet vs diet chef??

Hi all, newbie here, just wondering if anyone can offer me some advice, ive been on cambridge diet step 2 for three weeks and lost half a stone but struggle with three shakes and the meals are so bland. And also miss food with flavour so have lapsed a few times at the weekends. I'm considering changing to diet chef after all the good reviews i've read from all you lovely people, but wondering if it will help lose as much as cambridge diet? i go to the gym every day and find cambridge diet just doesnt give me enough energy at the gym. I'm at 10 st 9 and want to get down to 9 and a half for my height

any help and advice would be awesome!

thanks

claire

Hi Claire, I've had a lot of success with Diet Chef as it suits my lifestyle. I don't want to have to count calories and when I get home from work I want something quick rather than have to cook. Diet Chef meals are generally quite tasty (I have found a few I don't like of course but most are pretty good) and if I do feel peckish during the day, I'll have one of their snacks or a piece of fruit. I can only say 'try it' - I don't fancy any diet where it's liquid and I can't chew anything! In any case, Diet Chef makes you appreciate what size portions you should be eating. Liquid diets don't work in my opinion as it's not realistic to live on liquid but at least Diet Chef is also about education. I am determined when I lose the weight this time that I will make healthier choices in future and weight myself once a week to keep my weight under control. I was away this week on business for 3 days and was thinking it would totally ruin my diet this week but I did manage to make sensible choices where I could (eg. having a banana instead of pastries or cake during a coffee break) and amazingly when I weighed myself this morning I have still lost a pound with still 1 day to go before weigh day! I am trying to keep up my exercise so am running 5k about 3-5 days a week and that is helping too.
Good luck with your weightloss - maybe give Diet Chef a try.
Tracey

I've lost 6.5lb since 7 June which I'm pleased with as I've had my birthday since then (stayed with family and out to dinner) and have had several overseas business trips with dinners out. I have fitted in quite a few 5k runs but this time I've also made healthier choices when available (like having a tuna salad at the airport instead of a McDonalds or similar). What I need to do is make this a permanent change so I can then enjoy going out to dinner occasionally and having something 'naughty' without feeling guilty.

I've lost 6.5lb since 7 June which I'm pleased with as I've had my birthday since then (stayed with family and out to dinner) and have had several overseas business trips with dinners out. I have fitted in quite a few 5k runs but this time I've also made healthier choices when available (like having a tuna salad at the airport instead of a McDonalds or similar). What I need to do is make this a permanent change so I can then enjoy going out to dinner occasionally and having something 'naughty' without feeling guilty.

Looks like you are doing very well and that this diet suits you!

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

Thanks Mini. You're right that it suits me - makes it easier to stick to! Funny how I feel like there's a switch in my head that has to 'turn on' so Im in the right frame of mind to eat healthily and exercise regularly. I don't know why sometimes I find it quite easy and sometimes I just can't do it, even if I want to!

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here !!I'm not sure how this really works yet!! I'm sure I will get there. I have started the Cambridge diet again I refuse to have another summer being like this!! I'm off to Ibiza in July so need to get rid off fat!!!
Started three weeks ago and need that bit of help to stay focused!! I've lost 13lb so far and I'm happy!! Have 4 stone to loose by then!! Anyone want to be my buddy. Well done to everyone

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back