Starting again for the last time!

poko

Hello!

I'm starting today, again for the last time. I've done weight watchers, skimming world, Cambridge, 123 Terri-Ann diet plan and calorie counting and I am mad at myself! I throw money at anything that might make me thinner. But money doesn't buy will power and motivation and there lies my failings.

So today I weighed myself and I've put on weight again and I just won't allow that to happen again. I'm going to save my money and follow slimming world using my books that I already have. I work shifts and always struggle to get to weekly meetings anyway. I lost weight before using Cambridge and using a blog on this site so I'm hoping writing my progress is the key.

So the grand plan is to follow the Extra Easy plan (of course I have this plan after having a bagel for breakfast at a grand 11.5 syns!) and weigh weekly. I am hoping Slimming World is going to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet that I need to keep going back to after a special occasion or falling off plan for months at a time. I hope it will also fit in around my shift work too. I've been on annual leave for two weeks now and I am dreading squeezing back into my uniform.

So today is the day I start a healthy lifestyle. Pounds, stones and inches will be lost forever. I will be a slimmer, healthier and happier me!

So today is my last day of annual leave and I'm spending it doing the house work and then going food shopping - very exciting but just what I need to get everything sorted and on plan! Working 12 shifts I need to get all my food organised and made for the next 3 days so it's the afternoon in the kitchen for me

Just had my lunch - tuna pasta with salad for 3 syns. It was delicious!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
I've never been so pleased that over the last two busy days at work that no one has given staff chocolates! Walking past the desk and picking up a chocolate on the way I'm sure is responsible for at least a pound or two that I want rid of!

My lovely better half has been making me lunch so no temptation of buying anything at the shop - just my slimming world friendly lunch and snacks and the last two evenings he has even cooked me a syn free dinner for coming home - I hope he keeps up the good work!

I am struggling getting my healthy options into my routine though. I think I might need to buy some "grab and go" solutions. I used to count my skimmed milk as my option A as I drink a lot of tea however turns out not as much as I thought - I've had over 200ml left of the 358ml allowance left at the end of each day so would be better off syning it and having some cheese instead, I think!

It's weigh day tomorrow and I'm excited and nervous. I really have been sticking to this all week but it hasn't felt like a diet so I'm worried the scales are not going to show a loss. I'll just need to weight for tomorrow I suppose!

I think things to be improved apon is my fluid intake. I really don't hydrate myself properly and only drink about a litre a day which is half what I should. Does anyone have any tips to help me push fluid? I've tried one of those apps that send reminders and it turns out I can ignore them pretty easily!

Today I had one of my favourite breakfasts. Syn free pancakes! Yum, yum, yum!!

Well done Poko.. hope the WI will prove to be a good one!

I have the same problem with the drinking.. trouble is I just don't fancy drinking at all and I even have trouble remembering to make a cuppa in the afternoon but then I always want to have a biscuit with it! However I must admit I feel so much better when I do drink more fluids and it helps the body to flush out all that unwanted stuff ..like fat!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you Emmaline! Yeah, I just hate drinking but I'm trying to be positive and tell myself it's good for me - I can manage tea fine!

So weigh in this morning and I've lost 2lbs! But even more exciting 7 inches from my bust, waist, hips and arms! I don't feel any smaller but the numbers don't lie! :woohoo:

Wouldn't it be wonderful that instead of losing an inch from your arm, a couple of inches from the waist that the total 7 inches all came off the one place? As in just the hips, everything else stayed the same then the next week 7 inches off the waist? We'd be out of proper up for a week or so but everyone would be able to see the difference!

Anyway definitely happy and motivated this morning. I can do this!! Hope everyone is doing well too xx

Well done on the inch loss. Giving staff biscuits and chocolates is a nightmare for me too! Also a shift worker so weighing from home too!

Fluid wise I bought myself a nice water bottle that I make sugar free squash in and just sip it through the day.

Thank you both!

So today I'm not having a great day. Not food wise - so far still on plan but today I got my bank statement and it is a very sorry state of affairs!

So I've spent the morning tracking every penny I have (or had as it seems!) and seen Weightwatchers have been taking £12.95 a month despite me cancelling my membership months ago! They can see by my online account I haven't used it but will only refund me one month. I'm annoyed at myself for not noticing sooner and I'm annoyed that they can see I haven't logged in for months and months but won't refund me. Well, that'll teach me I suppose.

Food wise today so good so far. I'm nightshift for the next 3 night so I'm wondering when and what will ever best to eat. Tonight can be my trial run!:eating:

I've never been so pleased that over the last two busy days at work that no one has given staff chocolates! Walking past the desk and picking up a chocolate on the way I'm sure is responsible for at least a pound or two that I want rid of!

My lovely better half has been making me lunch so no temptation of buying anything at the shop - just my slimming world friendly lunch and snacks and the last two evenings he has even cooked me a syn free dinner for coming home - I hope he keeps up the good work!

Hi

It's so much easier when you have the support at home isn't it. My OH does all the cooking and does all SW meals. Unfortunately he isn't following SW so still has his high syn snacks and take aways which I am struggling to resist at the moment. Good luck with your journey. x

HI guys i considering joining again online but wanted to know if it was worth it? understand they have done away with green and red days now...i struggled to get my head around extra easy in the past so that doesnt sound good can anyone give me an idiots guide??

Also re weight watchers keep pushing it and advise you want to make a complaint - not sure if it will help but when they refused to refund me (mine was only one month) i kept emailing and they did it in the end :)

Hi Vikki,

I'm not sure how good slimming world online is as never used it and to be honest I'm just following the plan from home. I went to classes a few years ago and have dug out the books from them.

The basics from the extra easy plan are :-
Free food- fruits, vegetables and unprocessed protein. Theses are further divided into speed foods which are meant to help you loose faster.

Carbohydrates like rice and pasta are free too.

Healthy option A is to meet your calcium needs. On the list is things like milk, cheese, dairy lea, Greek yoghurt etc. This choice is once a day and not synned.

Healthy option B is fibre and on this list is nuts, whole meal bread, ryvita, canned and cooked fruit etc. Again, this is not synned and is one choice a day.

Then you can have between 5 and 15 syns a day for anything you fancy!

And when making up the meal the idea is thirds. As in a third of the plate protein, a third speed foods like veg and the remaining third carbs.

Hope this helps xx

I've been on night shifts all weekend and hoping it won't effect the weigh in on Wednesday too much! Nightshift really does mess with the digestive system. If anything I've ate much less than normal but I know for weight loss that's not necessarily a good thing.

A few days off now so back to planning and back on track!

Weigh in day again!

Not so great today, I stayed the same weight. I am disappointed but not disheartened. But equally it's not a gain!

I am putting it down to being on nightshift all weekend. Even though I'm pretty confident I stayed within my syns I suppose I still am not having the fluid intake I should and I have spend the last few days being incredibly lazy. I mean getting up, putting the kettle on and sitting on the couch only getting up to make food or go to the loo. Nightshift really knocks me for six, I feel useless for days trying to turn my sleep cycle around again.

So my plan of action is to move more and eat more fresh fruit and veg. I can do this!

I also need some inspiration in regards to evening meals. I always seem to have bolognese, chilli, fajitas, same old!!

Great that you're not letting that STS discourage you Poko.. I think you're right about it being the night shifts upsetting your system and I certainly sympathise.

I did some nightshifts at the last job I had many years ago and I felt really awful for days afterwards.
As for your food at least it's in your "allowance" and I would think it will be better to wait until you feel more like yourself before trying to make anything different.. don't you think? (not that I know anything about SW )

Take care and all the best to you. :)

All back to myself now and officially off the nightshift for at least 2 weeks!:woohoo: Although I'm not sure I'll be too inventive on the dinner front tonight. I can feel beans on toast coming on!

I've just had pancakes, bacon and mushrooms for brunch. It was delicious and even better syn free :)

I'm maybe not going to be moving more today and rather having a post nightshift Netflix session and drinking lots of tea (at least I'll get my fluids!)

Because the other half is wonderful he
made homemade burgers! :eat:

Does anyone know the syn value for whole meal warburton thins or can they be used as Healthy option B? Depending on thins value another syn free meal!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
The burgers look lovely. Not sure if the thins can be used as healthy extra b, I love them though and they count as 5 syns each.
Would be good if they count as HE B :)

The burgers look lovely. Not sure if the thins can be used as healthy extra b, I love them though and they count as 5 syns each.
Would be good if they count as HE B :)

Thank you!

Oh dear! Not very syn free at all then! Still... Has to be better for me than McDonalds and still within my syn limit - JUST! Haha.

Back