starting again warts n all

Up at a more respectable 7am today after being woken by one of the cats who wanted breakfast. But of course hubby still in bed so I crept out in the dark and didn't get weighed again. I wonder if he is staying in bed asleep so that I am not jumping on the scales every morning. I don't think I have ever gone 3 days without weighing myself when dieting. There was me thinking he was being a lazy B when all the time he is secretly helping me lol.
It's too early for my bar yet, cos I will end up ravenous this evening if I eat too early now.
We are off round the lake this morning for our usual walk. Then hubby wants help moving his greenhouse as we have just bought a big metal shed that he wants to site where the greenhouse is now. Then have got my doggy playgroup this afternoon, so not sure if I will get any craft done today.

Looks like a busy day for you!!! I'm not too far away from that, Im in Aquitaine.

Hope your day 3 goes well!! Just think of the nice surprise you will get when you do weigh yourself!!! That will make it all worthwhile! x

Have you lived out here long? where abouts in Aquitaine as the dept is huge. We are near to Nontron/Brantome.
Had the house 4 years and been here nearly 2 permanently and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. We just love it here.

Looks like a busy day for you!!! I'm not too far away from that, Im in Aquitaine.

Hope your day 3 goes well!! Just think of the nice surprise you will get when you do weigh yourself!!! That will make it all worthwhile! x

I am freezing cold, been outside in the rain with the dogs for 2.5 hours. I must be barking mad had 5 dogs running riot and next doors dog was trying to dig a hole under the fence to get in and play. My 2 are now curled up absolutely knackered and here I am dithering. All I have to look forward to is Tomato soup for tea :( I like it but I would much rather be eating something else, but then fat girls always would, wouldn't they.

I have had an email regarding the slimming group and the group have decided they want me to do the weighing etc as I was a Cambridge diet counsellor for 4 years (gave up 2 years ago when I moved here & piled my weight back on) so that should help me to stay focused and motivated. One of our group is opening an english library and we are going to hold it there, so looks promising. Not exactly sure when we will start it tho.

I woke myself up this morning at 6am, snoring wtf. Can't blame it on any animals other than myself. I know that as I lose weight my snoring does get better, thank god.
I have a lady photographer coming this morning to take photos of Lucy puppy. She advertised locally, wanting cute animals she could photograph and she then puts the images on bone china cups and sells them on the local markets. As a thank you for photographing your animals she gives you 2 of the cups with your animal on them. I thought it was quite a nice idea, so she is coming at 10am. I better make sure that Lucy is clean from playing in the garden lol as I don't think she wants a muddy pup.
After that I am hoping to persuade my husband to go to one of the local cities with me to look round a shop that is similar to Ikea, I only found out the existance of this shop yesterday and I love Ikea so think this is definately worth a look round. Maybe breakfast in bed might persuade him lol. Of course we need to walk the dogs and do all the usual stuff too.
I can't believe I am now on day 5 and still going strong and haven't stepped on the scales once. Now that is a massive achievement for me. I did make the mistake of telling hubby yesterday that he does infact do me a favour by staying in bed later than me as it keeps me off the scales; he said he did feel guilty when he got up and found I am already up, but now I've told him that he doesn't feel so bad. It's not like he stays in bed till dinner. He is up around 8am, just doesn't do silly o'clock like me.

well dogs photographed, took photographer to my neighbours who have a 3 month old boxer puppy, so lots of puppy play this morning. Then out walking dogs. Had mushroom soup for lunch and have been doing some more decoupage. I am a tad tired today so think I will just chill for the rest of the day.

I was really good until 5pm and then I fell off the wagon; no excuses other than so cold and just wanted to eat. The worst thing is I have sneaked it all. handful of peanuts and a pile of biscuits which I have eaten secretly in the kitchen whilst clearing up after dinner and when I've gone in to make a brew. I do feel bad and know I should not have done it. I will have to make sure for the next 2 days I hammer the water, stay away from the scales (tho I don't know whether that could have been a trigger too). When I weigh daily seeing the scales going down motivates me as I cansee what I am losing and if the scales don't move I know to up my water. But I have done 5 days now without scales and I think that maybe a factor as I don't know what or if I have lost anything. Dilemas dilemas.

I was really good until 5pm and then I fell off the wagon; no excuses other than so cold and just wanted to eat. The worst thing is I have sneaked it all. handful of peanuts and a pile of biscuits which I have eaten secretly in the kitchen whilst clearing up after dinner and when I've gone in to make a brew. I do feel bad and know I should not have done it. I will have to make sure for the next 2 days I hammer the water, stay away from the scales (tho I don't know whether that could have been a trigger too). When I weigh daily seeing the scales going down motivates me as I cansee what I am losing and if the scales don't move I know to up my water. But I have done 5 days now without scales and I think that maybe a factor as I don't know what or if I have lost anything. Dilemas dilemas.

I've fallen off the wagon too! Am getting back on it though. I think doing this kind of diet at this time of year is tough work! It's cold and miserable and our bodies want us to eat. Best thing to do is just move on, don't let it play on your mind. If daily weighing works for you and keeps you on track then do it, don't let anyone tell you whether it's right or wrong - it's your choice. Maybe move the scales to another room to weigh if you don't want to wake up hubby? xx

6.30am and I am up thanks to one of the cats. I should have a job if I get up at this time every morning lol. I am in a better frame of mind this morning and am forgetting yesterdays hiccup. I haven't weighed this morning; I've decided to wait till monday morning and see what I have done then.
Our dieting group now has it's first day set. It will be friday 3rd feb at one of the other lady's houses, but I will be doing weighing and record keeping. There are 5 of us to start with. I wondered if we should pay 1 euro each week and at the end of the month the person with the biggest loss could get the money as a little incentive and reward. What do you think?

Today is a new day, so put yesterday behind you and get back on the wagon, I have had a dreadful week this week :( so taking a day at a time too, :)

Have a good day
Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If daily weighing keeps you on track (it does for me) is there anywhere else you could put the scales so you can weigh without disturbing hubby? Can they go in the bathroom?

6.30am and I am up thanks to one of the cats. I should have a job if I get up at this time every morning lol. I am in a better frame of mind this morning and am forgetting yesterdays hiccup. I haven't weighed this morning; I've decided to wait till monday morning and see what I have done then.
Our dieting group now has it's first day set. It will be friday 3rd feb at one of the other lady's houses, but I will be doing weighing and record keeping. There are 5 of us to start with. I wondered if we should pay 1 euro each week and at the end of the month the person with the biggest loss could get the money as a little incentive and reward. What do you think?

Well done for not weighing! Paying 1 euro each sounds like a good idea. I think at Slimming World the slimmer of the week gets a bowl of fruit as a reward, maybe that's an idea? x

Hope everything is OK with you FF?

Back