Starting Atkins and already confused!

elks98

Hi, I'm new to tr forum and new to this diet!

I have read the Atkins book up to the induction stage and my understanding was that I'm only allowed 2 cups of salad and one cup of veg or 3 cups of salad?
Is this using you typical backing measuring cup?

I downloaded this app on the iPhone to keep track of my carb intake.
I haven eaten eggs and bacon for breakfast and tuna and a cup of lettuce for lunch, but my app is only showing 3g of carbs? And I need between 15 and 20?

Do I still only stick to the cups? Or eat enough salad and veg till I get to the right amount of carbs on my app?

Thanx in advance for the help! X

Hello elks and welcome :) I'd keep to the ratio you said on veg and salad as you'll find that other things in your menu will creep up the carbs.

Why don't you start a diary in the diary section and then we can see what you're eating and help where we can... We'll also be able to get to know you :)

Yeah I will start a diary I think! But this is what I had yesterday!

Breakfast-

3 large eggs
5 rashers bacon
Black coffee

Lunch-
19g lettuce leaves
34g cucumber
Tbsp lemon juice
116g tuna in brine

Dinner-

11oz chicken breast coated in
Schwartz chicken seasoning and
24g Parmesan cheese
186g mushrooms fried in butter and
2 cloves of garlic
96g asparagus roasted in butter
37g butter in total
45g spinach

Coffee with tbsp of double cream x2

I had a big dinner to make up my carbs according to my app

1405 cals
18g carbs
143g protein
84g fat

13g net carbs (what ever that is)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The app in using is for the iPhone and called carb manager! It had very good reviews 4.5 out of 5 if I remember!
It has a very large food database and also tells you all the vitamins and minerals u intake in the food you eat aswell as the cals, protein, and fats! Very good app!! Highly recommended!!

I use an app called carb manager to note all my food! It has a large food database and clearly shows the nutrients your consuming! It shows vitamins and minerals aswell as cals, carbs, protein and fats! Very good app! There is also charts you can use to track weight loss! Highly recommend!

Hello elks... Nice menu for the day :)

Back