Starting Avidlite- anyone else doing it?

Hey thanks for the support. I still have the bad ketosis breath there is only so many times in a day I can brush my teeth lol :eek:.

The flavours of the advidlite replacement shakes are pretty good. Chocolate is definatly my fav, with strawberry a close second. Vanilla is okay tastes alot like ice cream. Ive almost ran out of chocolate I can see myself ordering more tomorrow lol ;)

I updated my ticker before my actual weigh in date, Cant believe it i weighed myself this morning another kilo down. I know guys lose it faster but wow. Thats 11lb gone in 4 days. It seems too quick. I am realistic I am not expecting as much next week but hey one can wish.

Well done Andrew!!! I'm going into my second week now- i lost 8 pounds last week. Even if i only lose 1 pound this week I don't really mind because i feel so good making this first step, I feel sooo motivated!

I've booked a holiday in April, so i've got even more of a reason not to stuff up.

Kat *Keeping fingers crossed* that your order comes today- mine was pretty quick.

Yesterday i had a chocolate shake, nougat bar and a soup, a fortnight ago i would have eaten that as a snack! I'll have to admit I was thinking about food in the evening and my tummy was rumbling but I know that evening are my downfall and when i usually stuff my face with chocolate. Its still early days though :)

wow 11lbs in 4 days! You might be going for a stone in your first week... but 11lbs is already brilliant!

Got my delivery today, yay. Have to stop myself from trying everything tonight :D.

Hehe thanks, yeah im well on my way for a stone in the first week. Didnt help that i walked 6 miles yesterday too. Mind you have to say alot of people when they are in ketosis have more energy for me, I have less. I felt so tired after it. But oh well alls fair in weight loss ;)

Hope you get on great with the packets the first day is the hardest by far, by the second day it got easier and the third it was a breeze. Ive been having the chocolate shake as a hot chocolate at nights it's lush!

Hey Drewdundee
The Avidlite and Kee stuff is all the same....except Avidlite is cheaper :D

I am on TOTAL and lost 10lb in my first week.....full steam ahead for 2nd weigh in on Friday.......

You seem to be doing well too :D

6 miles walk?! That's great, can't believe you managed that in your first week!
I went on an hour bike ride on Sunday and was absolutely exhasted by the end of it.

Yes btw I started on Kee last week so it's officially my second week now but I switched to Avidlite as it's cheaper. Ditto on the first 2 days though I felt worse on day 2 with headaches, etc. All worth it as 1st wks loss was 13lbs!! :D

Newdawn, great loss 1st week! You seem to be our most experienced SS-er as you are approaching end of week 2 soon. ;) I'm really curious what the second week will bring so keep us posted and good luck!

Hi there
The second week in my opinion is a bit easier :eek:............but it seems to be dragging to weigh in on friday :p........more than likely to be impatient waiting to get weighed :D.
Last week I was quite spacey and light headed...that seems to have gone now and I feel quite good.
I am having four packs a day plus a cup of swiss vegetable bouillion just for a different flavour around 4pm.

Dawn xxx

Well the first three miles was downhill but the second three miles
was uphill to be honest I had to stop half of the way
on the way back I was totally shattered had no energy lol also I stupidly left without my wallet and water so I was dehydrated after it lol iv cheated as far as food goes a couple of times I had a bit of cheese when I felt dizzy and a little bit of pork two days ago lol x

So you don't add any vegetables, Dawn? In my Kee pack they recommend having 50cal of veggies/salad a day, 200ml skimmed milk, vitamin supplement and 1oz nuts 3 times a week. Didn't get any info with Avidlite so don't know whether the same applies? I would be lost without the salad as it gets me from lunch to dinner. Where do you get the bouillion?
I'm glad you are feeling better this week and it's only just one day left until your weigh in - not long at all :D!

Andrew, I'm not surprised you had to stop halfway through your walk, it sounds quite a challenge (even downhill)! I'm dreading the tennis class tomorrow, might collapse midway :D.

I am not doing strictly 'Kee'. I use the TOTAL products and take a vitamin tablet daily.
I have checked this out with other VLCD and the nutritional value is more or less the same....and I am having four packs a day which ensures I am getting the required amount of nutrients.

It's all or nothing..........I felt going FMR would be more beneficial...as I needed to cleanse my pallet....I drank quite a bit of wine prior to staring this and if I had food on a night (albeit salad)...I would want wine :sigh:
However it's nearly two weeks and have not craved or touched a drop - geez I sound like a right alcho :eek:

I have had no adverse side affects....just the usual 'ailments' associated with VCLDs.
My intention is to do this for 6/7 weeks then revert to a low carb diet.

My intention is to do this for 6/7 weeks then revert to a low carb diet.

That's pretty much my plan too. :) I love how I feel when I'm low carbing but I'm not much good at losing weight on it. :rolleyes:

If anyone here shops at Tesco and have found the Swiss Vegetable Bouillon could they tell me which section they found it in? I found it on their on-line shopping site but couldn't find it in the shop. I'm probably walking straight past it. :eek: I did however find Knorr Touch of Taste liquid stock that had a very similar nutritional content (slightly less calories, slightly more salt, pretty much the same everything else) so am giving that a try to help keep me on track.

Ali :)

It should be beside the stock cubes etc.

There is another one made by Kallo and it's organic......less sh!t in it and that is quite nice :D

It should be beside the stock cubes etc.

That's where I thought it should be. It must be right there in front of me and I'm missing it. :rolleyes:

There is another one made by Kallo and it's organic......less sh!t in it and that is quite nice :D

Thanks. I'll look out for that one too. :D

Ali :)

I drank quite a bit of wine prior to staring this and if I had food on a night (albeit salad)...I would want wine :sigh:

I see what you mean. It's all about kicking the habits after all whether it's wine, coke, or chocolate and crisps at 10pm.. You are being very strict with yourself, do you add bars or liquids only?

Wow, Ali, what a great loss calorie counting! Were you on 1200/day?

I use shakes, soups and bars.......the bars give you some variety...like something to chew :D

I did Celebrity Slim last year and lost a stone......it wasn't a bad diet...but I went on holiday and it all went pear shaped (or barrel shaped!!)....and couldn't back into it.
I joined WW...giving me the freedom to eat and drink within a point allowance......that wasn't happening neither.....I was always over my point allowance......lol

So this was the only way........I am quite motivated and intent to stick with it until I shift some of this weight.

Looking foward to food though...yum yum

Yea Minnow, In our Tesco the buillon (sp??) is right next to the knorr stock bottles that you saw. Funnily enough I got mine from Morrissons today and it was £1.40 odd as opposed to tescos £1.90 ish. I had some just now it was lovely and not what i imagined.

I saw some Miso soup going cheap so i bought some of those. My goodness. I've never tasted anything so foul in all my life! Be warned- don't try it.

Okay this is my second week now, whilst I'm doing okay I still feel hungry sometimes- mostly at night and my tummy rumbles. I'm being good though I just have a soup a shake and a bar a bay. Anyone else feel deprived?

Back