Starting Cambridge Diet (Hopefully)

Gorgeous_x

Hey everyone..! I'm Ciara and I'm 17.I've been trying to lose weight for years and recently came across Cambridge Diet. I spoke to my mum about it and she said she'd talk to dad. She has worries because my dad was on LT, lost loads of weight, suffered loads of side effects and put loads of weight back on...! But I am determined to do this. Hopefully I'll meet my local CDC this week and start tomorrow week (Paddys Day would throw me off..!)

Just wanting some first hand experiance of it (I'd hopefully be doing SS).

Thanks
:D

And I was wondering if being on the pill and antibiotics (both for my skin) would affect it in anyway..?

hi , congratulations on the first step and desciding to do CD . Can I just ask what side effects your dad suffered on LT ? Weight gain after really is very common , but it is common after any diet and as long as you realise that once all the weight is off .. that is here the real hard work begins of keeping it off and changing your entire realtionship with food . I did LT before CD and believe that CD prepares you better for eating again with the gradual re introduction of food by moving up the plans and by learning to control your eating rather than letting it control you
Stay positive and drink loads of water and you will soon be loosing weight .. after the first week it really does get easier :)
Good luck
Katie

Hi hun! I have done SS for 8 weeks and its hard!! You have to be committed especially given that you are so young and it is so expensive! If your head is in the right place then it is an amzing diet tool which gives you back your confidence and get you healthy at the same time!

For the pill and antibiotics questions you would have to ask a CDC!!

Good luck xxx

Dad just had slight side effects of head aches, loss of energy etc... And then he came off it for a weekend for a wedding and when he tried to get back on he just couldn't (apparently common enough), but searching online I'm of the opinion that CD isn't as rigid if you slip up (touch wood I don't!)

Thanks for the advice on motivation but I've figured that what is 6 months of CD when I've spent 6 years trying 'conventional' methods such as WW and an aray of different diets..!

Good evening hun and welcome to cd, this diet is the best and you will loose heaps of weight stay stong, and visit the boards often people are so supportive it's great.x

Back