Starting Cambridge Diet on monday!

Siobhan89

Silver Member
Hi everyone! I'm Siobhan, I'm 22 and new to this and to Cambridge diet! Starting for the first time on monday after a few hopeless attempts on Scottish Slimmers and also after an upsetting but motivating experience at the doctors yesterday. It was she who suggested the Cambridge diet to me so i thought i would give it a go! I would say i have nothing to lose but clearly i have :rolleyes: lol Went to the doctors about my sore back and left in tears after being told i should lose some weight. I suppose it was probably the wake up call i needed but i still felt like an idiot bursting into tears! I've been overweight since i was young and i just want to finally feel gd about myself and the way i look. I hope to start keeping a weight loss diary on here to keep me motivated but just wondered if anyone had any advice or tips?

Siobhan xx

Hello huni I am on day 7 and feeling great!!! Ok any hints or tips
1/ make sure you have your packs dont skip as I have heard this can stop you losing weight
2/ try and spread them out evenly if really bad half one
3/ try and drink all your water
4/ don't worry if ya but someones head off around day 3-4 lol or cry a lot you will get through it
5/ make a diary we love reading other people's
6/ remember everyone loses weight at a different rate don't be disheartened at any stage in your journey I have been advised we all will lose the same about stone a month :)
7/ take pics Def must!!!

Hope some of these help I have around 5 stone to lose and I have my first weigh in tomorrow and doing SS. Pleased to meet you
Luv Sharon xxxxx

Hi Sharon nice to meet you too! Thanks for the tips! I'm actually really excited to start on monday (never thought i'd say that lol) and can't wait to start seeing results! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow :) I want to aim for at least 4 stone by august as i have a girls holiday to Zante and it was starting to panic me as my friend who iam going with is 9st and a size 8! but i'm determined to stick to this!! This forum seems like a great way to keep motivated n get support from though :D xxx

I was going to write, great tips Sharon, but given the silly mood your in you might have accused me of a spelling mistake ;-)

But yes, welcome along and good luck, if your head is in the right place, which it sounds like it is, you will do great. RB X

Siobhan89 said:
Hi Sharon nice to meet you too! Thanks for the tips! I'm actually really excited to start on monday (never thought i'd say that lol) and can't wait to start seeing results! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow :) I want to aim for at least 4 stone by august as i have a girls holiday to Zante and it was starting to panic me as my friend who iam going with is 9st and a size 8! but i'm determined to stick to this!! This forum seems like a great way to keep motivated n get support from though :D xxx

Hey you have great motivation. I had bad experience at theme park not the rides lol I got on all of them just I asked a group of people to move so I could get past and they commented if I wasn't so fat I would of got through!! That made me think *******s how dare they!!! So on my last week I started at 10 in the morning on my birthday :) keep writing it will really help!!!

rugger bugger said:
I was going to write, great tips Sharon, but given the silly mood your in you might have accused me of a spelling mistake ;-)

But yes, welcome along and good luck, if your head is in the right place, which it sounds like it is, you will do great. RB X

Whoohooo I have good tips!!! Must be the weightloss lol

Thank you :) got a good feeling about this! xx

Siobhan89 said:
Thank you :) got a good feeling about this! xx

Good I am really pleased if you can cut down on carbs over next few days that will really help as well you might not get bad headache :) cxxxx

Hey you have great motivation. I had bad experience at theme park not the rides lol I got on all of them just I asked a group of people to move so I could get past and they commented if I wasn't so fat I would of got through!! That made me think *******s how dare they!!! So on my last week I started at 10 in the morning on my birthday :) keep writing it will really help!!!

Omg that is so rude!! Good for u though, that's brilliant especially starting on your birthday! Shows gd determination :) xx

Siobhan89 said:
Omg that is so rude!! Good for u though, that's brilliant especially starting on your birthday! Shows gd determination :) xx

I know it was really rude but I just skulked off and cried that was the Tuesday phoned up counsellor weds and started Friday maybe I should be thanking them at the end of my journey to skinnyville :) xxx

Welcome siobhan I'm Jo on day 6 and first weigh in tomorrow you took the right step in choosing Cambridge its a rocky few days at the beginning but once you reach past day 4 you will feel great. But any help along the way there always someone at hand on here.

Also I downloaded the app waterlogged to keep a track of the water I drink each day great tip for you.

Also choc shakes are lovely warm as well as cold.

Hope you find the forum helpful and supportive and a lifeline as much as it has to myself and others.

Jo x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeh Sharon! the doctor told me to go back and see her in a few weeks so hopefully by then i'll be on my way to skinnyville too :) haha xx

Hi Jo! Thanks :) good luck with your weigh in tomorrow! Thanks alot for the tips, feeling a bit more aware of what i'm getting into now and feeling better about it. I defo think if i'm havin a bad or down day this will be one of the first places i'll be coming to for support, great to know it's here! xx

Welcome siobhan I'm Jo on day 6 and first weigh in tomorrow you took the right step in choosing Cambridge its a rocky few days at the beginning but once you reach past day 4 you will feel great. But any help along the way there always someone at hand on here.

Also I downloaded the app waterlogged to keep a track of the water I drink each day great tip for you.

Also choc shakes are lovely warm as well as cold.

Hope you find the forum helpful and supportive and a lifeline as much as it has to myself and others.

Jo x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good thinking Jo, yeah i love them hot as well!!! yummmmmmmmmmmm

Back