Starting cambridge sole source-advice please!!

pippa

Hi,

My boyfriend and I will be starting the sole source diet as of next Sunday. Neither of us are obese, but we are overweight. He's looking to lose about 32lb and i want to lose 45-50lb, and reach to a 'normal' BMI.
We're both new to this so please excuse any questions that might sound a little obvious,
We've got a pretty good idea of what to expect but we're a litte fuzzy on some of the rules,

here goes-

1) Other than water and black sugarless tea and coffee, whats ok to drink and does this change after a week or two?

2) While on the sole source programme, when can you introduce the bars? or can you use them as part of your diet plan from day 1?

3) I know it varies, but if theres anyone here with a similar goal of 40-50lb to lose, and you're on the sole source plan, how are you doing? and how much can i expect to lose without being unrealistic?

4) Are men meant to have more than 3packets a day? or are they meant to have the same as women?

thanks for any help!

pippa x

1) only black tea/coffee and water - oh and 1 savoury vegetabae drink a day u can buy this from your cdc)

2) Bars ideally from week 2 - though I have heard of people on them from day one but not recommended

3) After the first weeks loss (usually the largest!) a stone a month is the "norm"

4) Men 4 packs a day!

Hope this helps

thanks! 4 packs for men-my other half will be happy about that!
i dont think i'll have a problem with 3 though :)

GOod luck with it - drink LOTS of water - 2 litre minimum BUT try and get in 4 litres it will speed up your losses and help you feel full.

1) only black tea/coffee and water - oh and 1 savoury vegetabae drink a day u can buy this from your cdc)

2) Bars ideally from week 2 - though I have heard of people on them from day one but not recommended

Hope this helps

Drinks
You can also drink maximum pint per day of a zero calorie drink as long as it doesn't have citrid acid in it (e.g. Coke zero or Strawberry and Kiwi Perfectly Clear).
Also water with CDC additives (Summer berry and orange flavours).

You can drink any leaf tea but none made from fruits.

Bars
I was told after two weeks to ensure you are definitely in ketosis (you can tell this by buying ketostix from the chemist).

Hi everyone I am new here, I am in between minds about whether to start the CD and I wondered how healthy it is and how much it is? Is it a monthly fee you pay? Thanks x

It looks like your questions have been answered so all I'll say is good luck to you both!

I love it, it's a great diet :) I had 56 pounds to lose, so similar(ish) to you and I'm now halfway. I hope you'll enjoy the diet and do well :D

Hi,

I've just started today and have in total about 100lbs to lose, but I'm initially aiming to lose 28lbs by christmas.

Bebe 1 weeks basic supply is £35, you can get 4 weeks in one go for (I think) £135. As for is it healthy, do some reading around the CD site so you understand how it works.

pippa how tall are you ? cos that depends on how many packs for you ... you over 5:7 ?

The rrp is £1.65 for shake/soup sachets, £1.85 for tetras (ready made shake cartons) and £1.90 for bars. You'll have three a day so long as you're under 5'8" (if you're 5'8" or over, you should have four Cambridge packs a day), so the weekly cost will depend on what combination of products ou buy.

Jo x

Is it worth it?

Of course it bloody is!

You're taking years of strain off your body and saving yourself anything you'd spend on food and drink at home, newsagent, sandwich bar. The only additional cost is the extra loo rolls, and that's probably limited to us girls :rolleyes:

Good luck!!!! Only you can make it work.

Are you right ?

The rrp is £1.65 for shake/soup sachets, £1.85 for tetras (ready made shake cartons) and £1.90 for bars. You'll have three a day so long as you're under 5'8" (if you're 5'8" or over, you should have four Cambridge packs a day), so the weekly cost will depend on what combination of products ou buy.

Jo x
Says in my book here that women under 5ft 7 in = 21 sachet per week
Women over 5ft 7in and men =28 per week .

Says in my book here that women under 5ft 7 in = 21 sachet per week
Women over 5ft 7in and men =28 per week .
That's 5'7" and under for 3 per day, and women at 5'8" and over at 4 per day. Taken from Sole Source book, note 1 on page 3:
Most women will have three Cambridge servings a day. All men, and women who are 5'8" or above, take four meals a day.

:)

Jo x

missleo i'm 5"11 but i think i'll be fine on 3, if it feels like a strain i'll go for 4,
thanks everyone for your help!

pippa,

There is a reason why women why women of 5' 8" should have 4 packs per day. The diet is very finely balanced to provide just the right amount of nutrients to ensure you get into a mild state of ketosis and lose weight safely. By eating less than the minimum your body requires you will be malnourished and you will not get the positive effects that a lot of people feel when they are on the diet.

When your body receives less than it needs for your organs etc to function effectively it will go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight. If you continue like that you will start to lose weight but you may lose lean tissue from areas like your heart.

Thankfully you will need to see a counsellor to obtain your supplies and he/she will explain the need for the 4 packs to you.

Please do not try to cut corners or even save the additional cost - it will not be worth it.

Thats no problem . How are you finding CD ? 50lb , to lose thats not to bad , whens weigh inn for you

Ok Sweatpea,
I've spoken to my cdc and I've been bought up to date. 4 packs it is then! (unfortunately I've still not found one I like so I look forward to the times in between meals!)

Hi Pippa
I like the shakes the sweet ones , but not really the soups . I am getting bars on wednesday , so will try them , they say after 2 weeks on cd for the bars , well thats good 4 shakes ... you can have more :) How are you and your BF doing ? Have you tried most of the shakes ?

lol bless him, so far my boyfriend's finding it a lot harder than me. He's not a big eater usually, he only really eats when he's hungry. I think because he cant eat, he really really wants to!

so far, between us, we've tried;

chocolate (didn't like it)
chocolate mint (didn't like it+mint)
veg (tasted like paint)
broccoli and cheese (tasted like paint+fish)
cappuccino (i dont like coffee anyway!)
on the bright side....
strawberry (not bad!)
vanilla (really nice) :)

Hi Pippa
Yes he maybe is missing eating , might help after your 2 weeks if he can have a chew on the bars , CD bars i mean lol .
How much does your BF want to lose ?

Back