starting.CD on wed, but can't tell anyone!

boosty

Hi all, I'm three stone overweight and starting Cd on wed, my partner who I live with really would not approve, so I'm not going to tell him. I'm mindful that this could make it tricky, but I think if I told him he would put me of, as four years ago I did cd and have since put it back on again. Any advice?

Hi boosty, i know exactly where your coming from, i was desperate to go back on camridge, as i also did this four years ago, i was worried what my partner would say, as we enjoy going out for meals, going the pub and so on, which is probs how i ended up heavy once again, but i picked my moment and explained how i felt, i was lucky he understood what i needed to do (in the end) and now 3 weeks in is fully supportive, its hard enough to do this diet anyway, if you avoid eating with him and drinking, im sure he will think that something is wrong, just try and talk to him, be honest and open, otherwise this diet will be even harder for you, if its what you really want to it will all be worth it in the end, hope this helps :) x

i think regardless of what diet you do, its the keeping the weight off bit that counts so really althought you say you did cd before and put the weight back on, it could have happened with any diet! i did cd last year april - june, lost 3 and half stone, kept it off til christmas then put on 20lbs through studying for my MBA, my junk food craving came back with a vengeance and im seeing my CDC tonight to start back. im determined to get the weight off but i know when i get there again, its up to me to identify the triggers that result in me gaining weight like my studies and stressful situations and ensure that i stay on the straight and narrow. maybe you could tell you OH this and that you know CD works for you as it was successful before but that when the weight comes off, you'll look at options such as exercise, low cargb, etc whatever works for you. good luck with it hun, its hard enough to do first time round so i hope it works for you again! xx

Hi all, I'm three stone overweight and starting Cd on wed, my partner who I live with really would not approve, so I'm not going to tell him. I'm mindful that this could make it tricky, but I think if I told him he would put me of, as four years ago I did cd and have since put it back on again. Any advice?

Hi if you want any support let me know im going to restart on monday

I'd be amazed if you can keep CD secret! All the sachets, the weekly weigh-ins. Why do you think your partner wouldn't approve? Is it the cost, or the change that he will to face (several weeks of not eating in with you, eating or drinking out with you?).

Hopefully you can persuade him that you're doing it not just for yourself, but for him too!

Back