starting CD to conceive a 2nd child 6st to lose!!

Thanks nina you have been so supportive, It is scary but i need to know the full picture now. The last time i went about 8 months ago not long after my M/C the docs words "well you can get pregnant".....:eek: It took me 2 years to get pregnant!! and i lost baby bean for her to say that it put me off for a while.
I have been told to "relax" to many times. I think this diet will work and that weight has to effect chances of getting and staying pregnant.

Sam xx

Morning of day 4 is going well i feel fine today and not hungry at all! I am just so nervous about the doctors today i know you will just shout me down for being so overweight :( but it needs to be done.
How is everyone else today doing good i hope xxx

5sttogo said:
Right its official i am angry dont ask me why but i thought i might has a sneak on the scales and they say im heavier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: I have been 100% im bloody starving for goodness sake!!! I am going to buy another pair as they are cheap asda basics i really hope thats different or i may as well stay eating what im used to!!!

Might be water or time of day hun

Ps throw those scales away!!!!!

hey 5sttogo:))

just red the post about your scales OMG lol that would have sent me over the edge too!

Your onto day 4 now so your over the hardest part I reckon , yeah the Drs is a nightmare when your overweight innit you could go in and complain about an eye infection and they tell you to lose some bloody weight!
Keep thinking positive and dont get yourself get stressed out...you are activly addressing your weight issues , every week now when you have your weigh in you will be a bit healthier and happyer and everything else will just fall into place<3

I had my first weigh in today and lost 1/2lb short of a stone so Im floating about on cloud 9.
My previous attempts at CD I have always done SS and just felt a little bit more dead everyday , adding the small meal has done wonders for me I actualy have the energy and sence of well being I had only red about.

Have a great day xoxox

That is a crazy loss well done you, you must feel the difference already at that Mo-Jo :D. Well the docs went as predicted that i would need to lose weight first to see if that would make a difference however she is also doing my base bloods just to check my hormones again so it is something and at least i have made her aware how much this means to me. She weighed me and took my blood pressure ( i was hugely different on her scales). Her reading would indicate i had lost 9lb since friday but after yesterday i will weight till my weigh in with my cdc to get the right figure lol.

A little mantra for me:
I CAN DO THIS
I WILL BE HEALTHY
I WILL HAVE A HEALTHY BMI
I WILL HAVE BABY NO2 SOON

Hope all is well your support means the world to me :)

Oh i almost forgot i took "before" pics yesterday eek!!! I am going to try and take a photo every week then upload them after five. What do you think do you think pics give others inspiration? I like them because you see it when you look back its hard to see as you go iykwim?

Sam xx

Hey Sam:)

yeah I do feel so much better than this time last week , Im into my jeans that havent seen the light of day for a year or two its like I have a new wardrobe lol

I totaly LOVE to see before and after piccies , it realy makes you think ...it can be done! eh:)
My CDC took some of me last week says she will take more in 4 weeks...I asked her not to show me the before ones till then it will be too painfull lol

some great ones on this web site check these out-:
Weightplanners Forum: Before & After Photos

Jo x

ooohh thaks for the link Jo :) my first ones are scary but it will be good to see the difference in a few weeks. I am looking forward to being a 20 rather than a 20/22 how sad is that lol xxx

Glad your appt went well, even if it was an outcome as expected. I remember when i went they offered me the Xenical and it did work and did all the baseline tests which is how they identified i wasnt producing progesterone. I think sometimes it can be a little heartless to say to someone after a M/C well you can get pregnant hope you didn't take it to heart, sometimes the medical profession dont realise what theyre saying!!!

I think its a brilliant idea taking weekly pics if not for others more for your own motivation so you have physical proof of your body changes!!!

I am on day 5 already :) I am not hungry at all which is good its just getting over the mental comfort of food. I had a wee think about it last night. I have been revolving my life around food for a long time, in fact possible always!!:eek:
When i was little i loved the cinema for the pick and mix and popcorn, it never dawned on me that it is more about the movie!!
Also a walk in a country park i was more and likely thinking about the ice cream at the end.
In short wherever i am going i am usually thinking about what food or drink i can get there, even a trip to Edinburgh my highlight is going to Starbucks.
I am a tad terrified with this realisation though i am going to have to retrain my brain, how do i do that what food has been my biggest distraction and love over the years???

I can relate with that hun, parties I look forward to the buffet, visiting family going for meals out wondering what I can order...
You're definitely not alone! But thats why we're here to change the way we think about food.
Once the weight starts dropping off you'll find you have more fun going food shopping and wearing lovely clothes than eating, it'll be in your mind when you eat how much carbs are in there, the calories etc and you will think to yourself is it really worth it?
It's still in the back of my mind now when I'm watching tv like 'what can I munch' then I remember, it takes awhile to break life long habits but stay focused and you will get there.
Good luck!

You have amazingly well, you must be so proud! I think it will take me a while, im not an overly girly girl i dont care about being a size 10 or that but i think i will enjoy being able to shop at every shop rather than a select few. I am starting college in the new term and i want to look younger if that makes sense all the folks on my course are in there teens then theres 27 year old me. eek!
I also have to be healthy if i have any chance of having another baby although i am starting to be not sure about the timing oh i don't know very confused today :confused:
I had chocolate shake and now eating my porridge looking forward to weigh in on friday.
Sam xx

I never really used to be either, I hide away in jeans and jumpers rarely wore any skirts or dresses, now I love em, really weird!
I'm sure you will be well on your way to your goal by the time you start college which will really boost your confidence aswell!
A friend of mine is on lighter life and she's doing it to lose weight so when she has a baby she isn't classed as a special case by being obese, terrible really :(
I can't remember what BMI you should be though I think it was either 28 or 25...

In Scotland to be a special case its if you have a bmi over 34, I think that might be something to do with the high proportion of obese people who knows. I was 35 at my booking in and had doctor led care when i had my wee boy but it was just as well because i lost most most of my blood after delivery. Which means i am under doctor care even if i lose weight and fall pregnant again anyway. I have been trying so long and they wont give me any medication to help until my bmi is under 30 so that will be a huge turning point for me.
I think i might be like yourself and enjoy dressing up more when i lose weight too at the moment it just seems so far away but seeing everyone's progress on here i am confident that it will come in no time i do feel sad that i covet being in a 14 but i am truly happy and feel sexy at that size :)

Oh wow thats pretty high!
CD is known for helping pregnancy too, all the vitamins & minerals make it a higher possibility to conceive so even once you've hit your goal keep going while your on your meds if you can and it could make your chances even higher. Theres lots of success stories on here for women that have had pcos and conceived while on cambridge.
Trust me its not as far away as you think! Just think a stone a month you'll be there in no time :)
You have a great goal of getting pregnant to keep you motivated so I'm sure you will do it!

I have had a really good evening. I went to the park and played football with my family, it may not sound like much but i have become slightly agoraphobic over time and dislike being out in public so its the first time i have done it off my own steam so to speak. I have had my broccoli and chicken and feel really full, still have one more shake left! :D
my son starts one of the best nurseries in the area tomorrow i am so excited although its a 2 mile walk up and back from the house! that will keep me fit!!
Hope everyone is having a good evening

Sam xx

Hi,

I too am on Cambridge diet to lose weight for fertility treatment. Except I have only 4 1/2 weeks to get there!
I have my next appt at the ivf clinic on 18th June and my bmi needs to be below 30!

Short history - I never ovulated without treatment, I have gotten pregnant twice with clomid but both times had ectopic pregnancies (last time with twins). So then it was on to ivf. We had ivf last January (2011) and we had to pay private as my local nhs trust stopped paying and my bmi then was 33.5 but it has to be below 35 to have it private. I got pregnant with twins but miscarried at 11 weeks.
To have ivf on nhs bmi has to be below 30. So here I am!

My appt is on 18th June, but we don't want to start until after our holidy to Jamaica (26th June-11th July) but I think if I can get to 11stone my bmi will be 28.5 so I have so room to enjoy holiday!

So I need to lose 20lbs, which I'm hoping is fairly do-able! I'm going into day 5 now, and being weighed today (I work shifts as a midwife so have to fit my weigh-ins around that!) I feel pretty good on it, with the odd light headed feeling, but have managed an hour of Zumba Tuesday, and a 2.5km run wednesday.

Jo x

Back