Starting CD Tomorrow

Hi All

Am starting tomorrow, Have eliminated carbs all week in preparation, but am still feeling the pinch of it. Im looking to lose about 4 stone. Havent told any friends or family as usually they 'poo-poo' it as they think Ill fail.
Does any one have any wonderfully inspring words for me. Im so ready for this but I know it is going to be hard. I have 2 children, Betty is 3 1/2 and Molly is 7 months. As I dont think I will have any more children I decided to stop yoyo dieting and do something that would change my life. After spending a week reading up online and in forums and reviews I decided on cambridge.

So basically Hi to everyone x:)

:wavey: Hello Emma, welcome to the forum and well done for prepping for CD too. I think you'll find it easier to do. I have a thread for ppl who want to loose 4-5 stone, so do pop in and join us too. Wishing you lots of luck and you'll get lots of support and inspiration on here. Your goal is achievable and thats the thing.. set yourself small goals inbetween, such as after a stone, you'll treat yourself to a manicure and so on.. Pamper pamper! Your little ones sound lovely by the way and hat off to you for doing this so soon after your last one.. xx

Hi!

Welcome to Cambridge. I'm in week 5 and I've tried pretty much every diet there is and never managed to lose more than 13lbs on one before. Did some research and decided on Cambridge. I spoke to my local CDC and she is really supportive. I too cut down on carbs the week before I started and found it helped. I started on the 1000kcal plan then dropped down to the 810kcal plan and I'm moving to SS plus next week.

The biggest thing for me was to find the determination to carry on when it get's a little tough. I've not got the best willpower but when I'm determined I can get through a lot. So far I've managed to watch family eat two chinese and one indian takeaway, attend a dinner party and just eat the small meal on the 810 plan and cope with lots of stress and not comfort eat as I usually do.

I'm totally in the zone and it really helps that I like the Cambridge products and don't mind the repetitive nature of the diet. I'm not hungry and managed to make Lasagne from scratch for 14 people without even tasting the sauce.

I turn 30 in July and am determined not to be fat on the pics. I want to be able to sit at work in summer tops and wear skirts/dresses and not have to cover up all the time. I was so horrified at a recent photo I saw of myself that I have vowed never to look like that again. Find a reason why you really want to lose weight, a reason that will spur you on when things get tough.

Anytime you wanna chat or unburden, come on here. It's a fab place with loads of really friendly people and has some excellent advice. Use it as a support mechanism, I do and if things seem really difficult, take a look at the befor enad after pics section - that never fails to motivate me.

Above all, enjoy it as best as you can and good luck!

xxx

Thanks both, it would be great to have some one to turn to who is already through those first few weeks. x

Hi and welcome to the forum :) well done on starting the diet .. it really is a great plan :)
The best advise I can give you , is drink loads of water .. helps with hunger , come on here all the time for advise and support ..it really helps keep you going , and stay positive , see the diet as a exciting start to a whole new you .... , and also remember , the first week will be tough .. but it does get much easier and the time flies by and the weight flies off .. before yo9u know it ytou will be at goal .... I never imagined I would be sat here in size 16 jeans ( was a 24 and never been smaller than 18 since I was a teenager !!!) but it soon happens .
You will have low days and may suffer from more 'fat days ' than you did before as you are focusing more on your weight and looking in the mirror more , even now after loosing nearly 6 stone , i still have days where I feel fatter than I did before I started !!!

We seem to have children the smae age :) I have Elena who is 3 1/2 and Abbie is 8 1/2 months :) .. I have found a new love of baking and cooking healthy food for the kids ... which I think is a little weird .. but a lot of people seem to love sniffing food and cooking more ...

Good luck and hope to see you around here with a great first weigh in :)

Katie

Hi and thanks for more encouraging words. Looks like we have the same goal weight.

Can you tell me how I put a picture on my profile?

Best of luck with your journey. I'm into week 5 and so far have lost 24lbs. I've faffed around with other diets since I was a teenager and never found anything I could stick to until now.

The first 3-4 days were the hardest for me but I was so determined after paying out all that money! Drink lots of water and have some cheap painkillers - not the ones with the sugary coating as you may get headaches as a side-effect. Within a few days you'll have energy and feel absolutely great.

My children are similar age - I have 3 year old twins and a 7 month old - and I decided that it was now or never. I don't want to be the fat mum at the school gates...:D

hi and welcome.

i hope day one goes easy for you and you enjoy the shakes.

i'm also on week 5 like feelsofrumpy - we're like buddies to each other :D

i would say:-
  1. try to get a buddy as it helps.
  2. keep yourself really busy
  3. drink plenty of water as it fills you up which is really important the first few days.
  4. if you feel dizzy, it's perfectly normal and just sit down and ride it out.
  5. if the shakes make you feel sick half them.
  6. i always add more water to my shakes.
  7. you might get headaches, it's ok to take tablets for this.

this is my 3rd time on CD, the first time i did a higher plan and lost a few stone then fell pregnant with my now 3 year old and then the 2nd time i did SS and got very thin and very fit (ran the great north run) then fell pregnant again with my now 11 month old. so my 3rd time is for keeps as i won't be having any more children. in fact i'm in the process of selling all the baby items i have that matthew has outgrown. so sad :(

GOOD LUCK anyway.

Hi!

Welcome to Cambridge. I'm in week 5 and I've tried pretty much every diet there is and never managed to lose more than 13lbs on one before. Did some research and decided on Cambridge. I spoke to my local CDC and she is really supportive. I too cut down on carbs the week before I started and found it helped. I started on the 1000kcal plan then dropped down to the 810kcal plan and I'm moving to SS plus next week.

The biggest thing for me was to find the determination to carry on when it get's a little tough. I've not got the best willpower but when I'm determined I can get through a lot. So far I've managed to watch family eat two chinese and one indian takeaway, attend a dinner party and just eat the small meal on the 810 plan and cope with lots of stress and not comfort eat as I usually do.

I'm totally in the zone and it really helps that I like the Cambridge products and don't mind the repetitive nature of the diet. I'm not hungry and managed to make Lasagne from scratch for 14 people without even tasting the sauce.

I turn 30 in July and am determined not to be fat on the pics. I want to be able to sit at work in summer tops and wear skirts/dresses and not have to cover up all the time. I was so horrified at a recent photo I saw of myself that I have vowed never to look like that again. Find a reason why you really want to lose weight, a reason that will spur you on when things get tough.

Anytime you wanna chat or unburden, come on here. It's a fab place with loads of really friendly people and has some excellent advice. Use it as a support mechanism, I do and if things seem really difficult, take a look at the befor enad after pics section - that never fails to motivate me.

Above all, enjoy it as best as you can and good luck!

xxx

ooooooooo, who's your counsellor? :D i'm from teesside too.

Hi greatthings.

My CDC is June in Yarm, she's fab - really supportive and exactly what I need. Who is yours?

Fancy buddying up? x

Good luck!!

Hi Am sorry to say that I didnt go with CD as the consultant TWICE failed to turn up. After a week of no carbs and feeling so determined, I cried my little eyes out the second time she failed to come. She then said she could come a week later but I was "Ready" then IYKWIM so I had to get the ball rolling some other way. I have now gone with an alternative TFR and am on day 2. Have lost 9lb since my start date with no carbs. Wish you all the absolute best. Hope to find a forum featuring the TFR plan I have chosen. :)

really sorry to hear that your CDC didn't turn up twice and it's meant that you've had to go on a different plan altogether. Which one did you decide on?

I chose Be-Yu as I could order it online without having to wait for an consultant. Im on day 3 and its not too bad. Having 4 TFR meals a day. Fingers Crossed!

Never heard of that one. Is there a lot of choice on that diet?

Good luck with it x

Back