Cruise PP Starting cruise, what changes now at pp & pv days?

chocoina

Hi, :)

I'm ending my attack phase soon and would like to know what changes during the PP & PV days.
I know I'll be allowed to eat some veg during the PV days, does that mean I can eat as much veg as I want with my protein? I miss soups and I'd also like to eat looooots of butternut squash chips with my steak.

Does the daily amount of the oats rises too? What else changes?

I have to say that I'm so surprised how great I feel with the dukan diet. I was a bit scared reading all the comments for the attack phase. Bad breath, belly cramps, head ache,..... I've got nothing of it except that I'm feeling really good, a bit high.

Well done Chocolina (I insist on putting the L it reminds me of chocolate! :D).
Now the diet begins, more choice. Yes you can eat as much veggie (from the allowed list!) as you want, within reason ie until you feel full. I think carrots and beetroot are limited to 1 meal a day, so as much as you want for lunch/dinner but never at both in one day. A lisr of allowed foods is somewhere on the threads I think on a sticky.
You may also enjoy 2 tolerated items per day and there is a list on the threads somewhere. This makes cooking easier and you can also enjoy a hot chocolate, made with cocoa powder not shop bought!
Oatbran increases to 2tbsp per day.
Everything allowed in attack is still allowed.

Enjoy cruising to a losing (of weight! :D)

I did this for my sister who is doing the diet but has no book! :) You might find it as a useful start to tolerateds, you will obviously learn more as you cruise along!

Tolerated Foods
You need to remember that you are in control of your weight loss, the more foods / extra's you add, the slower your weight loss will be, hence the reason that these tolerated foods are restricted to a maximum 2 per day & should be stopped if you have reached a plateau in your weight loss.

List of tolerated foods and details of restrictions on other allowed foods.
1 tbspn Cornflour / Cornstarch
100g Rhubarb on PP day (unlimited on P&V day)
1 tbspn Custard Powder (not instant/ready-made) made with skimmed milk & sweetener
2 tspn low carb cocoa powder - no more than 20% fat, no added sugar / reduced fat.
30g Low fat cheese - less than 7% fat.
Fat Free Fruit yoghurts (with bits), maximum of 2 per day
100g of poultry sausage
1 tbspn sugar free tomato ketchup
Crabsticks / Surimi - limit to approx 8 per day
1 tbspn / 30g extra light cream cheese (less than 3% fat)
1 tbspn soy sauce (reduced salt preferable)
30g extra light laughing cow triangles / similar
1 tbspn / 30g double / single cream (3% fat or less)
3 tbspn red / white wine (for cooking only)
1 tbspn wheat bran
Shirataki Noodles - unlimited on PP and P&V days.
Goji Berries , 1 tbspn PP days / 2 tbspn P&V days
1 teaspoon olive oil
Gherkins and Pickled Onions are allowed on a PP day but only as a condiment not as a vegetable portion.
Lemon is allowed as an accompaniment to your food but you are not allowed to drink the juice.
Sugar free treats - maximum of 5 per day (see list below, total must not exceed 5 in whatever combination you choose e.g. 1 jelly, 2 sweets and 2 chewing gums).
Sugar free jelly (maximum of 3 per day)
Sugar free chewing gum
Sugar free sweets / candy

Wow Eccab77'
You're a star. ;) Thanks for all the info from you. Cruising will make my life much easier, but to he honest I don't find the attack hard at all. I see you're doing very well, you're looking great x

rule of thumb with veg is that your meal should be around 2/3rds protein 1/3rd veg... some ppl are ok with eating more than this and some ppl are not and gain ;)

Wheatbran and Crabstix are mentioned in the book but not as tolerated items. I have the crabstix most days (only 8) and don't count them as a tolerated. Also the wheatbran is mentioned by Dr D to be used as it helps with transistion/toilet problems.

I split my daily brans and use 1tb Oat and half wheat to make my porridge, and then the other half is whats used with my muffisn and bread. Look about here and google for recipes, there are lots of fabulous recipes out there.

Back