STARTING DIET NEXT WEEK

femmym

im starting my diet next week ,i will be taking medication to help me along my journey of losing weight aswell as going out walking to burn cals , the problem im worried about is if im going to have the willpower to keep to my diet i have done it in the past kept to my diet but the longest it lastest was 3 months, my goal is to lose 4 stone and this will take more than 3 months so my main concern is willpower please help if you have any ideas that would boost my willpower i would be really grateful any help thankyou

What diet will you be following? And what medication? To successfully lose weight and keep it off you have to make lifestyle changes and commit to them rather than look at the short term. Sometimes it's easier to make small changes

im not too sure what diet yet but i do know i will be making certain lifestyle changes to work with the diet i choose to go on which will be a long hard journey that i know which i have to be 100% committed to . last time i went on a diet i lost 3 stone well when i say i went on a diet thats not strictly true in one sense because i just cut down on loads of foods that were really fatty etc i used eat loads of biscuits , cakes , bread chocolate in large amounts before i tryed my last diet i cut all those out went on xenical and i lost 3 stone , then i lost interest and started and lost my willpower and it all fell apart then from then on but this time i am really determined to make sure i concentrate 100% on losing weight long term to i reach my goal then keep my weight at that level then onwards i know its not going to be easy i would be a fool if i thought it would be but im going to try really hard this is why i have come on here and joined this forum were there are other people who are in or have been in simular situations than me for help advice & support.

you say you are 100% committed which is half the battle won! It doesn't have to be really hard, you just have to find the plan that suits you best. Have you considered a lifestyle plan like Slimming World or Weight Watchers? I was useless before I started SW as I am a fussy eater and I don't like being hungry. Now I eat when I want and lose weight!

i havent considered weightwatchers or slimming world , do you have to go through your own GP for them to refer you to them if you have a weight problem or can you just go on your own accord .the slimming world sounds good what you have said about yourself that you were a fussy eater now that you can eat what you want and lose weight.

No you just find a group near you and go along to the meeting. Sometimes you will have to contact the consultant first so they know you will be coming. In some areas doctors will give SW vouchers on prescription but not all areas do this.

Go to the SW website and there is a bit where you can put your postcode in and it will give you all the details of your local meetings

Hi, I personally have to talk and reason to myself. With regards to willpower I have to remind myself how awful I feel if I give in and eat foods I shouldn't. It should not be called comfort eating, because you certainly don't feel comfortable mentally or physically when you eat over the limits. The feel-good factor feeling when you are doing well and are in control far far outweighs the feeling you have after eating things you shouldn't. And success makes it easier to carry on. Everyone has their weaknesses. For instance take-aways, eating snacks in front of tv in the evening, overeating at home with large portions and seconds etc. You have to find out honestly what your weakness is and decide how to change it. Of course it may help to join Weight Watchers or Slimming World, and you can find out about them by researching them on the internet and there are also forums for those groups on Minimins, so you can have a chat to people on there. Remember though that the dieting industry is huge, and it is quite rare that someone will lose weight and maintain it for years without a struggle. You simply need to eat healthily, regularly, drink sufficient liquids and exercise to burn off calories. There are so many diets but don't look on it as a diet as that sounds as though you are depriving yourself. Look on it as a change of eating plan and that way you are more likely to stick to the plan, lose weight and keep the weight off with relative ease. Good luck!

Reactions: Taz
Hi, I personally have to talk and reason to myself. With regards to willpower I have to remind myself how awful I feel if I give in and eat foods I shouldn't. It should not be called comfort eating, because you certainly don't feel comfortable mentally or physically when you eat over the limits. The feel-good factor feeling when you are doing well and are in control far far outweighs the feeling you have after eating things you shouldn't. And success makes it easier to carry on. Everyone has their weaknesses. For instance take-aways, eating snacks in front of tv in the evening, overeating at home with large portions and seconds etc. You have to find out honestly what your weakness is and decide how to change it. Of course it may help to join Weight Watchers or Slimming World, and you can find out about them by researching them on the internet and there are also forums for those groups on Minimins, so you can have a chat to people on there. Remember though that the dieting industry is huge, and it is quite rare that someone will lose weight and maintain it for years without a struggle. You simply need to eat healthily, regularly, drink sufficient liquids and exercise to burn off calories. There are so many diets but don't look on it as a diet as that sounds as though you are depriving yourself. Look on it as a change of eating plan and that way you are more likely to stick to the plan, lose weight and keep the weight off with relative ease. Good luck!
that is very good advice lady ,makes alot of sense . i have decided im going on a slimfast diet starting next week i have bought me two tins of the milkshakes this morning , i am use that along with me excercising aswell everyday.

makes alot of sense

Back