Starting Dukan

NicoleW

I've just seen a pic of my SIL and she looks amazing, she has lost lots of weight and looks ... well I'm so jealous! She told me she's on this Dukan diet, so I'm reading up on it at the moment.

Is the first 5 - 10 days as hard as what I think it's going to be? Is there any food that you may think is a necessity to have in to stop me snacking?

Quite excited to try this!

Hi Nicole welcome to dukan! I really didn't find attack hard at all just make sure you've got loads of nice meat and fish in and it won't feel like a diet. Have things to hand to snack on like ready cooked chicken, fat free yoghurt mixed with sweetener and flavouring, slices of meat things like that. Yeah u can have tinned salmon as long as its in spring water or brine, not oil. How much have u got to lose?

First few days isn't easy but it's absolutely manageable, I made loads of extra lean meat meatballs to nibble at and I had eggs and salmon, chicken etc!
Best advice would be to get the book and to read the FAQ on here, preparation is essential so getting the right shopping in is the key to success at the start x Best of luck!

I'm new to Dukan and the most indespensible thing for me has been the galettes. Having one with my dinner has really made doing this a lot easier.

I got some oat bran for porridge in the morning, parent has just come to pay me so think I'll go out tomorrow and get some more shopping, some salmon and slices of meat I think!!

Day 1 is almost over and I'll be very proud of myself if I manage to do it. I have a ham omelette for dinner tonight

The thing I eat most of is turkey pieces which I get from morrisons for about £1.80 a pack, there cheap and really tasty not at all dry and U can fry them up really quickly I'd be lost (and skint) without them

Hi people, can someone explain to me what the dukan diet is and how it works, im on lipotrim at the mo and am finding it hard

Last edited:
well done for starting. this is a great diet, me and hubby started 5 months ago i lost 2 and his has lost 4 stone. hard work, but so worth while, when you put that dress on you allways fancied. or when a mate you havent seen in an age, states how lovely your looking. vain but so great. you go. and get yourself slim.

Rickard71 said:
Hi people, can someone explain to me what the dukan diet is and how it works, im on lipotrim at the mo and am finding it hard

It starts with a few days of eating protein only, after that you alternate protein only days with protein + veg days....have a look on the official website or better still buy the book as u really need it to explain it all properly. Is lipo trim meal replacement? If so dukan will definitely be easier for you!

Check out the Dukan FAQ on the forum, lots of info there and also get the book, it's got all the basics!

Back