Starting Exante today!!

sandyblack

Hi everyone,

I have started the Exante diet today! I weigh 13 stone 5lb.

At Xmas I weighed about 10 stone 3lb - I have gained around 3 stone in five months and its taken me this long to come to terms what ive done...

I did Lighterlife last year and lost four stone (my starting weight last year was 13 stone 11lb). I maintained my weight for six months up until xmas. Then - I stupidly gave myself the green light and ate for england!!! Ignoring everything I had learnt!!

My embarrassment has led me to stay indoors since xmas really and eat for comfort (!!). I cant continue this way and I have become really reluctant to go back to lighterlife and go to weekly sessions as it just reminds me of my failure.

So, I needed a fresh start and I read about Exante - I feel happier and less vunerable ordering online and looking to people on this forum for support instead of going back to my group and feeling terrible. I want to weigh 10 stone by Sept - and I feel so annoyed with myself for wasting all of this year staying indoors and avoiding my friends and family.

I have to keep telling myself that I CAN do this as I have done this before. Has anyone else experienced this? When I was maintaining I was 100% I would keep it off - it was like I was possessed over xmas!

Anyway - I have to look to the future now, and thinking about the past only makes me feel like I cant do it. Looking forward to coming on here and helping others focus too - so any advice appreciated!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:wave_cry:

weight.png

Last edited:
Welcome and well done on taking this positive step.
I did LL 6 years ago and lost 5 stone. Unfortunately I spent the next 6 years regaining almost all of it!
Exante is very similar, and yes you have done it before and you can do it again :)
I'm on day 5 and have proudly added a honk to the 'honk if yu've been 100% today' thread every day so far. I knew I had to be 100% to get into ketosis.
Good luck and keep coming back here for support :)

Welcome and good luck x

Welcome and good luck Sandy. You sound very similar to me. I gained all my weight back from CD and have been hiding away from all my friends and family and eating for comfort...gettng bigger and bigger! I also didnt want to go back to CD because of the 'failure' aspect.

You'll enjoy Exante Im sure, looking forward to hearing more from you!

Hey Sandy...you're not alone. I was on LL this time last year and lost nearly two stone before my summer holidays. Few months later I was back to my old habits and gradually put the weight back on and then some! Like you, didn't want to go out and felt very disappointed with myself.

It's a struggle but the forum here is a great way to keep motivated and I hope to get a couple of stone off before my holiday in July. More importantly though I want to continue losing, get to goal AND maintain.

We've done it before and we can do it again. Be strong.

Gx

Hi - You are definitely not alone. I lost about 9/10 stone with Slimming World then life and children got in the way and after dabbling with other diets I landed here having put loads back on. I have lost count of the amount of do's (hen nights etc.) I have cancelled in the last few months, due to feeling like a balloon and just feeling utterly rubbish about myself. You can do this and you will feel much better very soon. Seeing as you've done LL before you know this already, but I am amazed how quickly the weeks have flown - I am now 4 1/2 weeks in and am 1st 12 lighter. Just focus on how you are going to feel because I'm sure that by next week you'll already be feeling tons better.

The very best of luck
xx

Wishing you all the best Sandy (and remember, you're only a failure if you give up trying!!)

Hi Sandy, & welcome. Hope day 2 is going well - good luck for the rest of your journey!

Thank you for all of your kind words!!

Day 2 going ok - anyone struggling with the soups? Had a veg one last night and couldnt finish it!

Am trying to be as patient as possible - I think back to LL and it almost felt like it happened overnight (but obviously it didnt..). I need to fully commit to this as I know how so much happier and confident I am when im lighter/looking after myself and being social.

You all sound like you are doing fantastically well and you are all my inspriration!!

Its my birthday at the end of June and it would be wonderful to feel a little bit better and actually do something for it.

Thanks everyone and I will keep you updated - will be getting weighed this Sunday!!
xxxxxxxx

Hello Sandy - just wanted to say hi and wish you lots of luck.

I'm struggling with the soups. I liked them at first because I prefer savoury things but now I don't. No wonder they're 75% off on the Exante website lol

Back