Starting Exante today

Thank you Davina.

Not quite bacon but glad the ham hit the spot ! Oooh I do like Robson Green. Hope neither of your treatments were painful.

I had lived in my old house for 16 years. Was really happy , brought both the kids up there but now they have left home we have moved to a nearby village which is only 11 minutes on the train so still go back a lot. Very happy here too. It needs everything doing to it so its a project and an investment for us too.

Struggling a bit tonight :( felt hungry and cold. Bit better now but was close to eating. Feel a lot better now and glad I didn't cave :)

Still trying to decide what to do after my exante 2 weeks is up ? Fed up of doing the same thing and failing. Need a new thing !

Hope you are doing ok? x

I'm doing good thanks - no bacon cravings yesterday at all so was exante all the way! I was only at the destist for a check up - I didn't get the chance to ask Robson what he was having done. My dentist does a lot of aesthetic treatments these days so maybe he was there for a few fillers and a bit of Botox ;)

Oh nice to have a new venture - when I bought this house 20 years ago it needed everything doing to it. Two elderly sisters bought it in the 70's and one had the top floor as a separate flat and I'm not sure that they'd done much since they first moved in. The place had to be gutted, they'd fixed squeaking floor boards with pink Kleenex, boxed in fireplaces with plyboard and wallpapered over etc. Just managed to get the work finished before my son was born. It was so exciting doing the work at the time.

Well done you for resisting temptation - once the desire grabs me I'd find it hard to stop myself! If I have a craving it will always be for something savoury, never sweet and yet I have a very sweet tooth.

What diets have you done in the past? My Weight Watchers colleague is looking very slender now but I couldn't face all that counting and checking. Seems to work though. She went on a 3 week cruise round Australia and only gained 4lb.

Hope your day's been good :) x

Thank you Davina :)

Soul bearing time... I can't face shakes anymore. they are making me sad :( very very sad :( I knew I was out for lunch today and couldn't face a shake this morning. I had a steak and salad at the restaurant (yum) and a chicken salad for dinner.

The thing is I embarked on exante principally to quit wine. I don't want wine now, 2 weeks dry and I don't crave a quick weight loss either. Lost 12LB (estimate) in the last 4 weeks so looking/feeling better.

So what's to do? what's to do? My automatic reaction is to cal count but I can see the future.....because it's the same as my past. Groundhog day. I have decided to try fasting. Just lightweight,little ones to begin with, alongside lower carb and no added sugar.

I admire you so much for sticking to it, you are in the zone and doing fab, Davina. Keep on doing it !

My past diets have been many and varied! SW,WW,Harcombe, Cal counting. Running. I've lost weight on all of them,but sadly never managed to keep it off for more than a few months. I have probably been most successful when I've had support so I will hang around here for a bit if thats ok ?

If you PM me your address I'll post you my Exante stuff. Have lots of sweet n sour, you like that I think?

I'm going to London with my husband tomorrow so I'll let you know how the dieting goes

Let me know how you are doing x

Ah you mustn't do something that's making you sad - life is far too short for that. I'm a firm believer in doing what you need to do for yourself as and when you need to, if that makes sense. I'm all about giving yourself permissions to get what you need - the last thing any of us needs is a tongue lashing from our internal Critical Parent. :)

Anyway you've done more than many could manage - even one day on exante is an achievement as it's a harsh diet and so just that and being 12lb down is to be celebrated. And I flippin' well hope you'll be hanging round here for as long as you want to - I'd miss you otherwise!

I've probably tried every diet under the sun and I'm realistic enough to know that this won't be my last. I shifted a bit last year by doing gentle intermittent fasting which I could manage each day I did it, knowing that the next day I'd be having something I'd really enjoy. There's something about a genetic switch that's activated when it's not every day and which helps us to lose more than dieting alone does I seem to recall.

Have a fabulous day in London and enjoy it - I'm confident that we're both going to lose the weight that we want to, one way or another. We can still offer each other support without doing the same diet. Sometimes it's good just to know that someone else is on the same journey, just taking a different route! x

Aww thank youDavina. That was a lovely thing to say.
It was really difficult penning that last post even though I knew it would be met with acceptance.
I am on the train (first class is such a treat) watching everyone around me eating breakfast. Not tempted in the least. My hunger kicks in at 11am !
Was talking to my husband about weight earlier we are collectively 10 stone heavier than when we met. That's a person ! My poor daughter suffers with her weight too, the only time she has been slim is during her gap year teaching in Thailand. She lived with her lovely host family and became effortlessly slim. My son is whippet thin. Stupid stinkin' genes !
I am truly happy for you in your stoic and determined stance. You are doing brilliantly and deserve a really good weight loss

Exited about my day. I adore London ❤️ Half an hour away now.

Speak soon x

......I'm off the train! and home. Cant have pressed post earlier. Doh!

Had a fab day. Ate at 1.30 sea bream and salad had lots of oil on it. then stirfry beef with cheese and avacado and salad for dinner. Will carry on with the two daily meals low carb low sugar higher fat for a week and see how I feel.

How has your day been, Davina?

I am very good thank you - had a good day working from home but blimey it's been cold here today ! I've decided to eat this weekend - I'm going to a friend's tomorrow evening for dinner and drinks with some other girlfriends and so I want to be able to enjoy the evening properly and then I'll see how I feel on Sunday. Apart from the evening at my friends, I just feel like I want to eat something. I feel good about that actually because I feel as if I'm making a choice rather than feeling like I need to eat in an uncontrolled way.

I think genetically I'm meant to be slim but my head won't let me! My son is 18 next month and is tall and very slim and yet eats like a horse. He doesn't appear to have inherited any of my unhelpful food behaviours but then I think that generally for men and boys those drives aren't as evident?

Glad you've had a good day - food sounds fabulous. I love sea bream or any kind of fish. Sounds like you're still doing really great as well - you're inspiring me. Maybe we should rename this diary Lottie and Davina's Doing Fantastically, One Day at a Time Diary :) x

Tee hee ! The challenge is in the title. I do hope we can Davina. (do fantastically one day at a time,that is)

Yes I do understand what you mean about making a choice to eat. Enjoying a self permitted evening with friends and shared food is very different to the feeling you get diving head first into a pile of profitter rolls you've just been to Tesco to buy, knowing the only thing left will be an empty container and your guilt ten minutes later. (got the t-shirt) Have much fun with your buddies!

I'm not sure I am meant to be slim. Wont stop me trying obvs ! I was a fat child right up until I was 16 then I starved myself to a size 12. All of a sudden I got attention from boys which I loved. This had never happened to me before. I loved it, it was such a high and I felt regular/fitted in. The weight has yo yoed ever since :( You must be pleased your son is slim. His life will be easier, because ...well its one less thing to struggle with.

I'm still thrilled that I feel good about what I'm eating. I wonder if its because I ate no rubbish for a few weeks before exante therefore I found that transition easy and the same happened switching to low carb . Maybe it was less of a shock to the system. I've tried lowcarb before ,Zoe Harcombe version I think. I felt wretched. Low in mood,tired yet couldn't sleep,angry,sense of loss. Stopped it after a week and a half and blamed my self of course.

I really want to explore the insulin theory championed by Michael Mosely and Jason Fung along with many others. This paired with fasting makes sense to me. Yet so did Audry Etons F plan in the 80's !!! I have read that high protein foods also spike insulin so need to research low carb and lower protein foods. No idea what they are. I will look at the diet Doctor website which is good fo all things low carb

How is your friend faring on her self acceptance journey ? Is she very overweight by western societies standards?

Have a happy saturday x

Tee hee ! The challenge is in the title. I do hope we can Davina. (do fantastically one day at a time,that is)

Yes I do understand what you mean about making a choice to eat. Enjoying a self permitted evening with friends and shared food is very different to the feeling you get diving head first into a pile of profitter rolls you've just been to Tesco to buy, knowing the only thing left will be an empty container and your guilt ten minutes later. (got the t-shirt) Have much fun with your buddies!

I'm not sure I am meant to be slim. Wont stop me trying obvs ! I was a fat child right up until I was 16 then I starved myself to a size 12. All of a sudden I got attention from boys which I loved. This had never happened to me before. I loved it, it was such a high and I felt regular/fitted in. The weight has yo yoed ever since :( You must be pleased your son is slim. His life will be easier, because ...well its one less thing to struggle with.

I'm still thrilled that I feel good about what I'm eating. I wonder if its because I ate no rubbish for a few weeks before exante therefore I found that transition easy and the same happened switching to low carb . Maybe it was less of a shock to the system. I've tried lowcarb before ,Zoe Harcombe version I think. I felt wretched. Low in mood,tired yet couldn't sleep,angry,sense of loss. Stopped it after a week and a half and blamed my self of course.

I really want to explore the insulin theory championed by Michael Mosely and Jason Fung along with many others. This paired with fasting makes sense to me. Yet so did Audry Etons F plan in the 80's !!! I have read that high protein foods also spike insulin so need to research low carb and lower protein foods. No idea what they are. I will look at the diet Doctor website which is good fo all things low carb

How is your friend faring on her self acceptance journey ? Is she very overweight by western societies standards?

Have a happy saturday x
Ah I have had the best day so far. One of my simple pleasures on a Saturday is to get out early with the dog and then come back and have some breakfast and a nice long coffee. And that's exactly what I did this morning. It was heaven! I've eaten sensibly today but boy, have I enjoyed it! And I've had so much energy, been getting so much done, pottering and just enjoying the day.

I'm thinking that I might move to intermittant fasting from Monday - exante one day then low carb the next and see what happens. I'm not feeling the urgency to shed weight at a break neck speed any more but am feeling far more balanced and measured in my approach. Interrmitant fasting has worked for me in the past and at the time I felt like I could live like that forever! Sadly it was not to be the case :( I feel more myself today as well, not lurching from one food pack to the next.

My self accepting friend seems to be doing well - she says she's the heaviest she's ever been but in all the time I've known her she's been trying different diets and struggling so she seems happier at least.

I'm looking forward to a nice evening with friends. We're all mums whose (who's?!) children have gone through nursery and school together. It's hard to believe that they're all 18 or thereabouts and will be heading off to Uni in September. We'd still be meeting for dinner when we're grandparents I hope!

I have a saying that I use when I'm struggling with anything - "every day is progress". So, if we make sure we make even a tiny bit of progress in losing weight every day then we'll get there in the end.

Hope you've had a day of progressing, whatever that might look like for you :) x

Hope you have a lovely evening with your friends, Nearly all my friends are child related too. The kids don't have much to do with one another now but we still do ! Is your son dong A' levels at the moment ? I don't envy you, I'm sure you'll both be glad to see the back of them.

You have had a happy eating day :) it's lovely to feel in control and know you're doing the best for your body. Hope it lasts forever !

I'm pleased for your friend in her body acceptance quest. I was thinking today that I did truly have body acceptance just after the birth of my son (eldest) I remember saying to my midwife 'I think I'm beautiful' I had a huge sagging belly,massive cold sore on my lip my hair was thinning and great red welts for stretch marks everywhere. I was not by anybodys standards looking good. It was a wonderful feeling though and lasted about three months. I ate well and the weight fell off me with no effort. Sadly that feeling disappeared never to return.

I too have had a fabulous eating day. Chicken stirfry with peanuts for lunch (2.30) and for dinner prawns with feta and avacado salad. lots of oil/fat/butter on all of it. I am still logging my calories on nutracheck and they have been low from friday. I just can't believe how filling the HFLC food is. I'm sure doing exante has set me up well for my current eating mode.

I'll check in with you tomorrow (quietly) and hope you aren't feeling too tender x

Hope you have a lovely evening with your friends, Nearly all my friends are child related too. The kids don't have much to do with one another now but we still do ! Is your son dong A' levels at the moment ? I don't envy you, I'm sure you'll both be glad to see the back of them.

You have had a happy eating day :) it's lovely to feel in control and know you're doing the best for your body. Hope it lasts forever !

I'm pleased for your friend in her body acceptance quest. I was thinking today that I did truly have body acceptance just after the birth of my son (eldest) I remember saying to my midwife 'I think I'm beautiful' I had a huge sagging belly,massive cold sore on my lip my hair was thinning and great red welts for stretch marks everywhere. I was not by anybodys standards looking good. It was a wonderful feeling though and lasted about three months. I ate well and the weight fell off me with no effort. Sadly that feeling disappeared never to return.

I too have had a fabulous eating day. Chicken stirfry with peanuts for lunch (2.30) and for dinner prawns with feta and avacado salad. lots of oil/fat/butter on all of it. I am still logging my calories on nutracheck and they have been low from friday. I just can't believe how filling the HFLC food is. I'm sure doing exante has set me up well for my current eating mode.

I'll check in with you tomorrow (quietly) and hope you aren't feeling too tender x
Ah I had a lovely evening thank you - just a couple of gin and tonics and nice food - salads, roast vegetables and some yoghurt dipped strawberries. Delicious and it felt good to be enjoying food but in control of what I was eating. Not tempted to nose dive into the wine either so feeling quite virtuous this morning.

Yes, we are knee deep in A level revision just now. It's more stressful for me than him at the moment as he's fairly laid back about it, or st least he seems to be. He has to get very good grades to secure the Uni place he wants so that's ticking away the whole time. Can't wait for it to be all over. I'm so excited for him starting a whole new adventure - though it will obviously signal a whole new chapter in my life as well. Another incentive to lose weight and feel fitter.

I love your body beautiful story - I guess our bodies have performed some amazing fetes over the years, we've created and sustained new life so we should definitely cut them some slack :) Just thinking though , I was lighter at 9 months pregnant than I am now. Gulp...

Yesterday's eating sounds lovely - I've not used Nutracheck, just Fat Secret and normally just to log my weight. I'll check it out. Since eating yesterday I've had a massive energy boost and haven't stopped - I don't think I realised how much mind space and energy was being taken up with not eating on exante full time. I'm intending to have another healthy day today and tomorrow then an exante fasting day on Tuesday and so on.

What about exercise? I don't really enjoy formal exercise. I've never found that one thing I love though over the years I've done aerobics, Zumba, joined the gym, exercise biked, done couch to 5k etc etc. What I'd like to find is a 10 minute per day strengthening, stretching programme that helps me to feel more in touch and connected with my body if that makes sense? I'm off to the coast for a long organised dog walk this afternoon - it'll tire me out more than him!

Happy eating day - look at us being all mindfully eating and on it - whatever "it" is.

Speak soon, x

Sounds like a super evening ! and waking up daisy fresh to boot. Result!

I haven't heard of fat secret. I used to log meals on MFP but it got bought out by an American firm and products favoured American brands so I found it took too long to search. I love nutracheck its a subscription service though,MFP was free.

I'm not too keen on exercise either,so have no suggestions I'm afraid. I start stuff do it for a bit then nose dive. I do walk a lot though, I don't like driving which is inconvenient but forces me to move a bit. I'm almost phobic about driving I've had more therapy than you can shake a stick at to try to overcome it,all to no avail.
I do envy you being close enough to visit the beach that must be so wonderful. H ope you have an invigorating dog walk

I made the most delicious Sunday lunch: lamb,root veg mash cauli cheese and buttered greens. It was really yum. All carb counted and logged. Its amazing how quickly you stop feeling hungry when eating higher fat food. I wont say full as I don't feel full just not hungry anymore and ready to stop eating. My plan for next week is to carry on what I'm doing now,eating twice a day and LCHF food. I wonder if I'm in ketosis ? I don't really have much of an understanding about it. I presume I was in ketosis when doing exante. My carbs now are under 20g daily but I don't have that 'not quite right' feeling I had on exante which I presumed to be a ketosis feeling. Oh well I'm sticking with this as it feels good.

Have a good day and take care x

Sounds like a super evening ! and waking up daisy fresh to boot. Result!

I haven't heard of fat secret. I used to log meals on MFP but it got bought out by an American firm and products favoured American brands so I found it took too long to search. I love nutracheck its a subscription service though,MFP was free.

I'm not too keen on exercise either,so have no suggestions I'm afraid. I start stuff do it for a bit then nose dive. I do walk a lot though, I don't like driving which is inconvenient but forces me to move a bit. I'm almost phobic about driving I've had more therapy than you can shake a stick at to try to overcome it,all to no avail.
I do envy you being close enough to visit the beach that must be so wonderful. H ope you have an invigorating dog walk

I made the most delicious Sunday lunch: lamb,root veg mash cauli cheese and buttered greens. It was really yum. All carb counted and logged. Its amazing how quickly you stop feeling hungry when eating higher fat food. I wont say full as I don't feel full just not hungry anymore and ready to stop eating. My plan for next week is to carry on what I'm doing now,eating twice a day and LCHF food. I wonder if I'm in ketosis ? I don't really have much of an understanding about it. I presume I was in ketosis when doing exante. My carbs now are under 20g daily but I don't have that 'not quite right' feeling I had on exante which I presumed to be a ketosis feeling. Oh well I'm sticking with this as it feels good.

Have a good day and take care x
I've had a look at Nutracheck - Fat secret is similar - you can search and log food and it gives all of the relevant nutritional information. It's free to use and I just keep it active on my phone. I have used it religiously in the past so I'll start logging as from tomorrow - helps to keep eating days in check.

It was glorious at the coast - this is where we walked:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=l...biw=768&bih=909#imgrc=4s4ZTwYDfKuAKM:&spf=171

Glorious sunshine but the sea was choppy. My legs are tired and aching now and the dog is flat out in his bed.

Lunch sounds delicious - I've had salmon and vegetables this evening, scrambled egg for breakfast and somehow I forgot about lunch. And I know exactly what you mean about the out of sorts type of exante feeling. I think you can buy ketosis strips online if you wanted to check? Certainly sounds as if you know what your doing and if you're enjoying it, win win!

I'm actually feeling really optimistic about losing weight this time. It's been an age since I managed to "stick" to anything so that in itself feels good. x

Oh Davina ,what a small world. My daughter was at Tyneside beach yesterday too. Her boyfriend lives in Newcastle they love it there. I'm sure you felt really good after stretching your legs. What type of dog have you got?

You reminded me how much I love salmon, must get some out the freezer and have it soon. I have been eating delicious food and skipping breakfast its very low on cals even though higher in fat. Probably averaging 1600/1700 a day since Thursaday. I'll weigh in on Wednesday not sure what to expect as maybe gained water weight back, not that it matters.

The weather is very rainy here today so just staying in and painting the walls with the dog looking at me longingly! I think I'll put a chicken in the oven for dinner and have it with a blue cheese dressing and salad. Are you still planning on doing exante tomorrow? Hope all is well with you x

Oh it is a small world - is your daughter's boyfriend a student too? I'm in Newcastle too and we're surrounded by students, which I actually like. Certainly livens the place up a bit!

We've got a rescue greyhound - gorgeous placid dogs. What have you got? It's been fine here today so I've done about 3 hours of gardening so that's my exercise for the day. I actually hate gardening but last year I had a large tree removed as it was overshadowing the whole garden and being in the shade has killed a lot of the lawn and left the borders in a sorry state. When I was 100% exante I didn't have the energy to tackle these types of chores so it feels good to feel good about being busy again.

I couldn't manage without breakfast each day. Even on exante I split the packs to have 4 smaller "meals" so I'm impressed by you new regime. Yes, exante day tomorrow and today I've had porridge, chicken salad and will have tuna and vegetables later.

Did you see this today? http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...men-perfect-bodies-unachievable-a7711816.html

I don't watch the programme but am impressed by what they've done. I suppose I always imagine that women my age still have the body of a 20 year old (because I certainly do not) so I think it's positive for women like me to see "real" women and not to have unrealistic expectations of what I should look like now.

Hope you've had a good day too - I'm excited for you for this week's weigh in :) x

I can't remember if I've been to Newcastle or not. My daughter says its lovely there. Her boyfriend is 24 studying a phd. in something computery. I'm sure I'll visit soon as she is about to move in with him (he's lovely)

You were very industrious in your garden yesterday I hope its looking better . Gardening is probably my very favourite thing . The house I moved from was an Edwardian terraced property with a typical narrow garden and my new house has a really big plot so I am full of ideas just hope my back holds out !

Still feeling good on the HCLF I love how filling it is, I looked at some new recipes tonight and need to buy the ingredients to stop myself getting bored. Will do that tomorrow. Did you decide to do exante today or stick to the healthy eating?

I love all dogs! I've never really known a greyhound but they do always look very gentle natured. Am I right in thinking you don't have to give them huge amounts of exercise? We have a 10 year old boxer, mad as a box of frogs. I had a dachshund until a couple of months ago. She was 13 and sadly had to be put down.

I loved that link ! I wish there was more of that type of thing widely available so as to normalise something that is actually far more real and representative of most of the female population.

Weigh in tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. Have a good diet day x

Hi! And welcome :)

I've only just joined the forum and am already in awe of it. So many inspirational people here I have been following Slimming World for over a year now and am loving it.

Good luck!

I can't remember if I've been to Newcastle or not. My daughter says its lovely there. Her boyfriend is 24 studying a phd. in something computery. I'm sure I'll visit soon as she is about to move in with him (he's lovely)

You were very industrious in your garden yesterday I hope its looking better . Gardening is probably my very favourite thing . The house I moved from was an Edwardian terraced property with a typical narrow garden and my new house has a really big plot so I am full of ideas just hope my back holds out !

Still feeling good on the HCLF I love how filling it is, I looked at some new recipes tonight and need to buy the ingredients to stop myself getting bored. Will do that tomorrow. Did you decide to do exante today or stick to the healthy eating?

I love all dogs! I've never really known a greyhound but they do always look very gentle natured. Am I right in thinking you don't have to give them huge amounts of exercise? We have a 10 year old boxer, mad as a box of frogs. I had a dachshund until a couple of months ago. She was 13 and sadly had to be put down.

I loved that link ! I wish there was more of that type of thing widely available so as to normalise something that is actually far more real and representative of most of the female population.

Weigh in tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. Have a good diet day x
Oh well I hope she's very happy here after her move - it is a lovely city and people are very friendly and welcoming. I understand that it has the highest level of students remaining here after they graduate than any other university city - there's defintely plenty to see and do.

My goodness my whole body was aching after my gardening. My garden is also long and narrow - I live in a Victorian Crescent so the gardens are at the front. I'd enjoy gardening far more if I knew what I was doing and as it's a well established garden with lots of trees I like to think that it takes care of itself though of course that's not the case. I seem to have grown a lot of brambles over the last tear which are seemingly impossible to remove but I'll keep chipping away at it! Good exercise if nothing else.

Greyhounds are the easiest dogs to care for - they sleep for about 23 hours a day, just like giant cats. In fact my cat likes to clean his ears for him when he's asleep. About 20 minutes exercise twice a day will suffice but he generally gets a bit more than that, especially at weekends. We both like boxers because he can have a good run and chase with them whereas the smaller dogs can't keep up! You must have been devastated about your dachshund.

Yes, exante yesterday which was fine. I was in the office and saw clients last night so was too busy to think too much about food. The downside is that I was also too busy too remember to drink enough so I'd developed a bit of a headache by 8pm. Was good knowing that I'd be eating today though so that kept me going. I think I'll check out the HCLF for my none exante days as I feel as if I need to change things about a bit. I'm not sure that I've lost anything since last week, I don't feel any different but at least I'm feeling positive about losing weight which is more than I've done for a long time.

So excited to hear how you've done! x

Weigh in today 14.5 so a 3lb loss ! So pleased :) I wasn't sure what to expect as it was the week after a VLCD. I do feel so much better and will carry on with HFLC (sorry got letters muddled last post) It is a weird way to cook though ladling butter and cheese and oil and double cream into your recipes . Feels very wrong ! Head arguing with hand. Veg has to be weighed but you can get very good portions for 20g daily. Nutracheck logs the carbs in my diary. Any other carb is strightly off limits so no pasta/rice/spuds. I really do need to expand my repetoire as I can see myself tiring of steak and salad. So far, and I know its early days, I just cant believe it's this easy . Please last, please last,please please last !

Well done you for doing an exante day, fat will have melted away. Nice wholesome food today so you can continue to lose weight and feel virtuous :) Are you calorie counting your eating days ? Your food sounds as though its not really neccessary though no rubbish included. Carry on digging out your mile a minute brambles and stepping out with the dog and you're twinkling. Go you !

I have another birthday meal to go to on Friday night, there have been so many recently it's not usually like this. This one is the worst food wise though :( It's a Chinese restaurant, not a posh one so kind of the model up from a Chinese take away. So crap covered in crap served on a bed of crap! I would have rejoiced at this opportunity a few weeks ago. Oh well,can only do my best maybe eggs prawns meat ? Ill try to eat as little sauce (sugar) as I can and use our mantra ' just get on with it' I will have a drink it's expected of me ! and would seem churlish not to. Also I don't want the questions and judgement so will surupticiously make wise choices !

Have a lovely day and enjoy your food x

Oh congratulations and well done! I'm soooo happy for you. What a successful week you've had! I'm calorie counting today but have had a look at the high fat low carb diet so I will give it a try when I need a change. I'm sure it will last for you - you're in the zone now and doing fabulously.

I'm working from home today so have done an hour of bramble taming. I'm not going to let them get the better of me. It's beautiful here today so the dog came out in the sunshine and lazily watching my activity. I work from home 3 days a week and oddly enough I have been finding it easier to manage what I'm eating here than when I'm in the office as I'm usually haring about there and so will not eat "mindfully".

Chinese food is probably my least favourite so I don't know a lot about what would be wise choice wise. Sticking with the meat or fish sounds best? I went to a lovely Japanese restaurant with friends a couple of months ago. Not knowing what to order I went for a vegetable starter and everything came in the most delicious tempura batter. :) :( By the time I'd eaten my main course and finished my sake I could barely move. I'm sure you'll do what you need to do. And it's only one day after all. In the past I've used upcoming events to avoid starting a diet on the basis that I may as well wait but just by doing that I can make excuses for a long time, gradually gaining more and more. At least you're encompassing your events into your eating plan which is far more positive.

Have a lovely buttery day - speak soon x

Back