Starting Exante today

Milly

Morning everyone,
Today I'm starting the Exante diet and tbh I can't wait. For the last couple of months I've been spiralling out of control with my eating - I feel sluggish and go to bed most nights feeling stuffed and uncomfortable. I'm determined to stick to it 100% and just take one day at a time. I weigh a massive 18st 5lbs and would desperately love to get to 15st. Anyone else just starting and to anyone else already on the diet, how are you getting on? - Thanks. Xx

Hi and welcome, I am a new dieter and forum member too but not on Exante. I am sure someone with lots of help will be along soon though.

I'm just trying to eat sensibly and exercise more. I have been walking and swimming trying to do each about 4 times a week. Well done on starting, once the first week is finished the big hurdle is over.

Hi

I started yesterday as well! I have purchased 120 products but mainly soup and bars. I lost weight before with exante -about 2 stone but put it all back on! I know I like the bars and the tomato soup but not porridge or meals and the shakes taste fine but am just not a great shake lover.

My body fat percentage is way too high so am on a mission to reduce it.

Today I have had a chocolate shake so far . Perfectly nice! bit of a head but downing water and peppermint tea like crazy to ward off.

I
Hi

I started yesterday as well! I have purchased 120 products but mainly soup and bars. I lost weight before with exante -about 2 stone but put it all back on! I know I like the bars and the tomato soup but not porridge or meals and the shakes taste fine but am just not a great shake lover.

My body fat percentage is way too high so am on a mission to reduce it.

Today I have had a chocolate shake so far . Perfectly nice! bit of a head but downing water and peppermint tea like crazy to ward off.

No, I'm not too keen on the shakes either but love the porridge with a load of cinnamon in it and the soups with some curry powder or cumin in it. I've done exante too in the past but am finding it easier this time round - must be down to mindset! Fingers crossed it continues.

Hello all.

I started Exante today. Weighed in at 14.13 which is less than I thought ! small mercies.
My plan is to do it for 3 weeks and hopefully drop a stone or there abouts. Would love to do it for longer but I know my limits !! This is the first time ive tried anything other than cambs. Ive had lemon cheesecake smoothie and a banana shake. Both very nice. Need to plod on with the water now. Its all the peeing that puts me off, but realise it has to be drank.

Be lovely to know how you all get on. lots of luck my dear future skinnies :)

I have no idea about Exante, is it a food replacement diet, does it work out very expensive?

I have no idea about Exante, is it a food replacement diet, does it work out very expensive?
Yes it's food replacement. In the first week you over 7lb and then around a stone a month after that. I find that it's cheaper than a conventional diet as you're not buying any food - just the food replacements. I suppose you're talking about £35 per week but because Exante almost always have half price offers on you're usually looking at significantly less than that. About 14 years ago I got down to a size 8 with lighter life and exante is just a cheaper form of that.

Hello all.

I started Exante today. Weighed in at 14.13 which is less than I thought ! small mercies.
My plan is to do it for 3 weeks and hopefully drop a stone or there abouts. Would love to do it for longer but I know my limits !! This is the first time ive tried anything other than cambs. Ive had lemon cheesecake smoothie and a banana shake. Both very nice. Need to plod on with the water now. Its all the peeing that puts me off, but realise it has to be drank.

Be lovely to know how you all get on. lots of luck my dear future skinnies :)
Fantastic news! Hope today's gone well for you so far. And yes, be nice to form a little support group here, regardless of how you're all battling the bulge

Morning everyone,
Today I'm starting the Exante diet and tbh I can't wait. For the last couple of months I've been spiralling out of control with my eating - I feel sluggish and go to bed most nights feeling stuffed and uncomfortable. I'm determined to stick to it 100% and just take one day at a time. I weigh a massive 18st 5lbs and would desperately love to get to 15st. Anyone else just starting and to anyone else already on the diet, how are you getting on? - Thanks. Xx
How are you getting on Milly? One day at a time is definitely the way to go st the start. I've found that after day 3 I'm really into the swing of it, not even thinking about food at all now. Got my focussed Exante head on now!

I think I like food too much (so no guesses why I am overweight). What I mean is I like real food and hate things that are flavoured. I hate shakes and things banana/chocolate/strawberry flavour. If it works for you great though. My sister did a meal replacement a few years ago and got her BMI from over 35 to about 27. Even though I eat and drink too much its when I exercise that I lose weight.

I think I like food too much (so no guesses why I am overweight). What I mean is I like real food and hate things that are flavoured. I hate shakes and things banana/chocolate/strawberry flavour. If it works for you great though. My sister did a meal replacement a few years ago and got her BMI from over 35 to about 27. Even though I eat and drink too much its when I exercise that I lose weight.
I know what you mean - having no food works for me because I love it too much too, hence it's all or nothing in my case I wish I liked exercise more but in my case exercise doesn't seem to make that much difference in weight loss/maintenance. I walk the dog and that's about it so I'm impressed by your swimming and walking

Sounds as though you have it going on Tipp ! If eating well and excersise get you down the scales thats a fab way to go. Lots of luck

Jeannie, I totally get your stance of food removal eating almost becomes a hindrance and Exante is kind of a reset button for me! I am such a boozehound of late and decided i needed summat to remove me from my normal reaching for the grape juice of an evening.

Felt so fab yesterday wasnt even tempted. In fact day one was too easy??? Scared I'm going to come a cropper soon. I know my limits and can only manage 3 weeks on it though.

How is it going for you Milly?

Speak later and have a lovely day x

Sounds as though you have it going on Tipp ! If eating well and excersise get you down the scales thats a fab way to go. Lots of luck

Jeannie, I totally get your stance of food removal eating almost becomes a hindrance and Exante is kind of a reset button for me! I am such a boozehound of late and decided i needed summat to remove me from my normal reaching for the grape juice of an evening.

Felt so fab yesterday wasnt even tempted. In fact day one was too easy??? Scared I'm going to come a cropper soon. I know my limits and can only manage 3 weeks on it though.

How is it going for you Milly?

Speak later and have a lovely day x
Well done - I felt great on day one and that's not changed, just got better and so I'm sure you'll not come a cropper. Onwards and downwards with the weight! x

Aww thats encouraging Jeannie. Hope I can follow suit. Sadly I have to have lunch out tomorrow,cant avoid it. I have looked at the menu and will go for high protein low carb option. Today has been great not felt hungry once just that weird no food feeling and then the odd occasion that I automatically think of having something to eat and the resultant disappointment when I remember I'm not eating.
I tried the lemon cheesecake shake and the strawb shake both very nice. Hated the choc shakes though. if anyone wants them I'll gladly post them to you

Aww thats encouraging Jeannie. Hope I can follow suit. Sadly I have to have lunch out tomorrow,cant avoid it. I have looked at the menu and will go for high protein low carb option. Today has been great not felt hungry once just that weird no food feeling and then the odd occasion that I automatically think of having something to eat and the resultant disappointment when I remember I'm not eating.
I tried the lemon cheesecake shake and the strawb shake both very nice. Hated the choc shakes though. if anyone wants them I'll gladly post them to you
I know the feeling - I've been invited to a friends Saturday after next and will do the same as you - protein and a bit of veg - woohoo! You could try the chocolate as a dessert - mix it with less water? I've been playing around with the packs this week - cinnamon or soy sauce sees to improve most of them. Aren't we doing great just getting on with it? Earlier I tried on some jeggings I struggled to get on 10 days ago and they were comfortable - just shows how quickly it works

How nice fitting in to your jeggings. Well done !
Its the aftertaste of the choc shake I dislike. It has a strong bran taste to me,might just swerve them.
I haven't ordered any bars as I seem to remember I couldn't bear the metallic taste of the cambs ones.. I think we all taste them differently and its the same as real food down to personal preference. I've read the sweet n sour soup is nice might order some of that.
That really helped what you said about just getting on with it. I was overthinking/complacating eating out tomorrow, fretting and worrying. Its just one meal out I cant avoid so I'll just get on with it. Thank you x

Back