Starting Exante tomorrow, preparing today

Dreamer

Gold Member
I'm just not sticking to dieting through healthy eating, and I feel I need the break from food. I've ordered the Exante packs and they've arrived, so I'm going to start tomorrow. I've started preparing today to try to get myself into ketosis quicker. I've had about 45g carbs today so far, and may possibly go up to 60g which is roughly the same as the Exante packs, and I've not eaten a huge amount of calories. Do you think this will push me into ketosis a day earlier? I just remember how awful I felt the first few days on Exante last time...

Also I can't stand the vanilla shakes I have from last time, but I still have 2 leftover (in date till late april still). I know I'll just have to stomach them (ordered only soups this time as I know I couldn't cope with lots of vanilla shakes) but anyone know how to make them a bit more palatable?

V

Welcome dreamer, and hoping you get into ketosis quickly. Lowering the carbs and upping your water intake before the packs should make it an easier transition.
Others mix in some coffee with the vanilla and have it hot, and some add some sweeteners to it too.
Really hope you lose the weight you want to achieve.

Welcome dreamer, and hoping you get into ketosis quickly. Lowering the carbs and upping your water intake before the packs should make it an easier transition.
Others mix in some coffee with the vanilla and have it hot, and some add some sweeteners to it too.
Really hope you lose the weight you want to achieve.

Thank you Cybil! I've been to the gym today too, so I think that would have depleted some of my glycogen stores too. I forgot about the water intake, I'll be drinking plenty this evening! Thanks for reminding me :)

V

Alot of people on here like the vanilla one hot with a spoonful of coffee mixed in, I dont though as it tastes salty to me when I do it that way.
I just drink it quickly so I cant taste it!

Alot of people on here like the vanilla one hot with a spoonful of coffee mixed in, I dont though as it tastes salty to me when I do it that way.
I just drink it quickly so I cant taste it!

I might try that, and no problem if it's horrible, as at least I'll only have one more pack left at least (there's always a positive). I was thinking of perhaps making it into a cold coffee, as I love iced coffee...but I'm thinking that'll just make it take longer to drink! Thanks for the tip :)

I put a sweetner and coffee in the vanilla and had it hot it was ok and drinkable. Good luck x

Will try this with the first pack, and if I can't stomach it, I'll do something different with the other pack :)

Thank you,
V

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the vanilla hot. So much so I ordered 4 boxes of it :giggle:

Try it hot, with a spoonful of coffee and a couple of sweetner - its gorgeous. Id have it if I wasnt on exante

Wow, you really do like them! I just noticed your ticker, amazing loss, just another pound and you'll be half way. What a massive achievement. That kind of thing inspires me :)

V

Dreamer said:
Will try this with the first pack, and if I can't stomach it, I'll do something different with the other pack :)

Thank you,
V

I dranknit over 4 brews. Sprinkled quarter of pack in a mug with one sweetener and 2 spoons of coffee mixed to a paste and topped up with water slowly whilst whisking with a fork. Made 4 milky coffees in all

I really do lol I have 200 of them and 170 chocolate ones - thatll do me a few months.

Haha wow! I had the vanilla one this morning, and it really wasn't as bad as I remember! Hope your weigh-in went well!

V

I don't like the vanilla one much, and because I can't bear milky hot drinks the coffee and sweetener option doesn't work for me. I don't take milk in tea in coffee.

What I did this morning was make a smoothie with loads of ice and a couple of extra drops of vanilla extract and it was more palatable for me.

I much prefer the soups, albeit with a few drops of Encona hot pepper sauce. Actually need more than a few drops for the Tomato and Basil.

BTW Starlight, my two least favourite shakes are vanilla and chocolate! hee hee

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the vanilla hot. So much so I ordered 4 boxes of it :giggle:

Try it hot, with a spoonful of coffee and a couple of sweetner - its gorgeous. Id have it if I wasnt on exante

I can't believe I'd not tried it before today. I love it! I made it up in a large pint mug with nearly a pint of hot water and some cinnamon powder stirred in too. It was delicious. So glad I tried it. Thank you :D

good luck for your start tomorrow. YOu willdo just fine. I dont like the vanilla one either but decided to try it with some cinnamon in it and its definately nicer.

Thank you everyone, you've been really helpful. Day 1 has been going fine...although I'm starting to flag and want to eat. It's 10pm and I'd usually just go to bed to avoid the problem, but I have more revision to get done before tomorrow....so unfortunately another 2 hours of fake hunger (I'm not really hungry, I just want to graze)

V

Wow, with coffee and a hint of cinammon, the vanilla is lovely hot. Hadn't put coffee in it the other day :) I found another pack of vanilla, but I can manage it now.

Tomorrow is nearly here Dreamer, good luck.. I don not mind any of the soups or the shakes. many people try various things with the shakes and soups, me I have the shakes shaken and cold and the soups hot no fancy ideas from me I am afraid.

Back