Total Solution Starting Exante TS next week!

StarCrossed

Hello everybody!

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now whilst trying to decide which of the Food Replacement Diets to try. Money is a bit tight at the moment and having been recommended Minimins by a friend I've settled on Exante.

I tried Slimming World a year ago and lost about 2 stone which was fab but then I gave up smoking, bought a house and trebled my stress so I've put most back on!

I'm getting married in October this year and I would LOVE to look in the mirror and see the person who I think should be looking back.

So, as I've got to wait for payday(!), I'll be ordering my first bumper box of Exante products next week to start a week today and I'm really excited. I'm hoping to lose about 60lbs before August (ideal world!)

I wanted to ask as well, how do you guys cope sticking to TS 100% and cooking for your partners/families etc?

Thanks and I look forward to joining you all on Exante :D

Hiya

Welcome to the boards. Youve already taken the first step.

Ive not been on here long so cant comment too much.

Dont prepare food when you are hungry. If you want to save your shake or soup etc just drink loads of water as you are cooking so you are too full to eat. I also find Dr Pepper zero helps as its sweet and the bubbles fill me up more! Hope that helps and good luck x

Welcome and 60lbs is very achievable by August!

I do find food prep difficult but I have got my hubby to do more for himself. He's trying to lose weight (lasted on Exante for 10 days - wimp!) and me not preparing the meals we used to have (garlic bread with pasta, naan with curry, chocolate for pudding etc... ) has really helped him. I'm not nearly so tempted by the more bland meals he is having. I have a 2 year old and 6mth old and I tend to batch cook for then so then it's just a case of heating up and adding veg.

Drink loads as itches fill you up and concentrate on looking fab in your dress!!

Cx

Welcome!!

Im the same as newmummy, I have got Mr Lauriel to do more in the way of cooking for himself. I busy myself while he is eating dinner, I'll either clear the kitchen up or go and get in the bath...I sometimes have a cup of hot bouillon with pieces of shredded chicken breast in it while he is eating as he has grumbled about eating on his own a few times lol...You do get used to cooking and not eating, it just takes a bit of practice and good ol' will power! I wish you every success! :)

I do another vlcd and cook for Mr A as he's been very ill.

I just make my mind up that his food is off limits. At first I was suprised by how many times I used to taste food, or just eat a little bit of this or that. Being vigilant is really important so I don't slide back. It's difficult not being able to taste and season food.

I don't cook hungry - so have my sachet or a hot drink if I need it. I also cook for 4 or 6 and freeze it for Mr A in portions so he still gets home cooked food. I'm now on Day72, and it isnt a problem.

Funnily enough last night, my husband'd meal smelt fantastic. I just acknowledged how good it smelt, and focussed on results to date and had a sachet. I feel it's a choice, not deprivation. I choose to stay 100%.

Ali

Hiya guys!

Wow thanks for all the advice. I've just realised reading everything that if I get Mr StarCrossed to his own cooking he'll probably lose weight as I tend to cook very carby meals where he's happy with just a bowl of beans or something lol.

The other thing I've just realised is how little washing up and how much extra time I'm going to get to myself. Yay! Kind of excited about that!

With the drinking lots that shouldn't be too much of an issue for me. I drink LOADS normally (about 7/8 cups of green tea in a day, 3 large huge glasses of water and I drink Coke Zero/Dr Pepper Zero normally so I won't be missing any sugary drinks.

Looking forward to getting started :D

Back