Starting exante

angelcake

Hiya

I'm a newbie to VLCD and to be honest dieting at all. I started slimming world in February and I've lost 21lbs in total on that so far so I'm hoping for some really really good results on Exante.

Anyone got any tips/advice to get me through? I've got a toddler so I'll still be preparing his food and need to stay away from temptation. Thankfully I've got loads of appliance thingys so I don't often use the oven at all, which I think takes away some of the temptation.

I've bought a week's worth from the website and I'm planning on starting next Friday or Saturday so I've got my hubby around to pick up the slack should I feel rubbish.

I just wanted to ask one thing because I get a lot of back pain (giant boobs lol) I do take painkillers fairly often is it ok to take them on exante or will it kick me out of ketosis?

Hiya
I'm starting it on Tuesday.. forgot the bank holidays so not getting my order until then!!

I have a toddler too so fighting temptation will be hard especially with all his easter eggs sitting around lol. I'm on Tramadol and I know it says you shouldn't do it if you are on medication, I thought I'd at least give it a go. My concern was will I be ok to not eat on such a strong drug, I didn't even think of the ketosis factor!! Might have to do some looking into this

Anyway good luck, maybe we can spur each other on?!

Keely x

Welcome and good luck to you ~ Exante's a great diet and it really works if you're determined :)

Hiya

I'm a newbie to VLCD and to be honest dieting at all. I started slimming world in February and I've lost 21lbs in total on that so far so I'm hoping for some really really good results on Exante.

Anyone got any tips/advice to get me through? I've got a toddler so I'll still be preparing his food and need to stay away from temptation. Thankfully I've got loads of appliance thingys so I don't often use the oven at all, which I think takes away some of the temptation.

I've bought a week's worth from the website and I'm planning on starting next Friday or Saturday so I've got my hubby around to pick up the slack should I feel rubbish.

I just wanted to ask one thing because I get a lot of back pain (giant boobs lol) I do take painkillers fairly often is it ok to take them on exante or will it kick me out of ketosis?

Hiya
I'm starting it on Tuesday.. forgot the bank holidays so not getting my order until then!!

I have a toddler too so fighting temptation will be hard especially with all his easter eggs sitting around lol. I'm on Tramadol and I know it says you shouldn't do it if you are on medication, I thought I'd at least give it a go. My concern was will I be ok to not eat on such a strong drug, I didn't even think of the ketosis factor!! Might have to do some looking into this

Anyway good luck, maybe we can spur each other on?!

Keely x

If you are on medication you should consult your doctor before embarking on a total food replacement diet.

One of the major side effects of a vlcd is constipation and the medication you are on will only compound this even more so...it is possible you could suffer from fecal impaction which is not very nice and very serious.

I am not a doctor but would seriously recommend you to visit your family doctor for advice about this and also your medication might need to be monitored and adjusted as your weight comes off.

Back