Starting exercising

Summer

Hello,

I am on a diet once again!! I never exercise and I'm not very active, quite lazy infact. I'm 22 years old and skint so I can't afford to go to a gym or to swimming.

What should I start off doing?

Today I went for a 2 hour walk, I walked 5.5 miles. I will probably feel it tomorrow but I'm feeling fine today.

Is that too much to start with? should I slow down and do less then do more over time?

Thanks

Depends on the type of walk! A stroll is of little benefit, power walking is a bigger help. Which is why people come off their holidays saying 'I can't believe i put on weight, we walked everywhere'; what they did is leisurely stroll and that doesn't burn many calories. However, any exercise is better than no exercise!!

I'm no doctor or fitness instructor but i would think there should be no problem walking that far.

HTH

Thanks!

I was walking a bit quicker than normal but it was not power walking. I think I will do the same walk every 2nd day and try and beat my time so then I'll obviously will have to be walking faster.

What you should do is work a little bit of interval training into your walk, walk normally for a few minutes then speed it up to a fast walk (or run if you can) for say 30 seconds. This gets your heart rate going up and down which will burn fat faster. You will feel a bit knackered at first but as long as you're not doing too much it's all good!

"What you should do is work a little bit of interval training into your walk, walk normally for a few minutes then speed it up to a fast walk (or run if you can) for say 30 seconds. This gets your heart rate going up and down which will burn fat faster. You will feel a bit knackered at first but as long as you're not doing too much it's all good! "

...such good advice it needs repeating!

Good luck Summer

Thanks Justin! A personal trainer from my gym helped me out a lot, he could see I had determination but just needed a little direction. He still donates some of his time to me even though he has a lot on, I've learned so much from him and cannot begin to thank him. I hope you can help people on here as much!

I went on the same sort of route today, I walked down to the beach and once there I walked for a bit then I jogged for a bit then walked for a bit. I was using the lifering stands as my markers would jog past two then walk to one, jog past to then walk to one. I was really out of breath but I know its worth it. Came home and had a nice fruit bowl which I made up earlier, now I got my feet up.

I think walking is a great way to start. I also love my gym ball and bought an exercise dvd which has been more than worth it

There's a plan in the new Slimming World magazine which is taken from Running Made Easy. It's for 10 weeks and gets you up to run/walk for 40 mins and takes you up to about 5k, perfect for charity runs. It looks do-able even for me!

re

i am computer graduate so i have sitting more in front of computer .so now i noticed that day by day my weight increases , i am not comfort at that time .so as mean time i am searching about site netpharmaworld which made product weight loss.so i buy one packet of medicine from netpharmaworld and take a medicine as per customer suppoert of netpharmaworld say.In two week i feel better. today i am very feet because of this medicine. and one thing i am regular do exercise.so if you have same problem please start exercise

Back