Starting for the first time

Hi all, I am starting this diet for the first time tomorrow.

I am aiming to lose 1.5 stone so not a great deal but I'm not assuming it will be easy. I just thought I'd introduce myself (for some possible moral support) and I'll update this thread with my progress so that anyone who is trying to lose a similar amount of weight will get an idea of what to expect.

:)

Hi and welcome to the forum. It's the bestest place ever to keep us all on track. Lots of help and support. Good luck. Hope you've had a good day so far. I restarted today so I'm on day 1 too :) xx

Thanks for the messsages :).

Had a few issues today so I've delayed the start until Friday. Please let us know how you're getting on though Emz!

Hiya the first few days are hard but a hood tip is to sip the or should I say gulp the water when you feel that crave then at the same time read up on stuff that really helped me the first time around. I must say it felt like hell. I'm on day 5 of my 2nd attempt I say second time because the focus just was not there when I tried before.

Just take it one day at a time. Trust me day four you will feel like you could do without the last shake. Well that was my experience 1st time around, funnily though this time around I have been craving my fam r having a fish supper n I'm like I really want some but have just had a porridge n am gonna get out of the equation I'd like to see a big loss in my first week. Good luck m keep in touch :)

Don't give up, it is worth it. This is my first week, started on Monday , so 5 days in now. 1st two days were soooo hard as hungry all the time, but 3rd day, huger was gone. Cravings are still there big time, but they don't last long, and as Michani said, use water as your guard. as soon as a craving comes on, just take a few big gulps and they will go. I lost 6lbs in the first 3 days, and have a WI on Monday so hopefully it will have proved worth while.:D

So keep at it, and use this site for support, as it is full of such fab people that are all going through the same thing as we are! :) keep us posted xx

Thanks for the water tip both of you, it's been working. I have been ok today, I don't actually feel like I want any other food. I was sat at work with a bowl of sweets right under my nose and I wasn't even tempted.

Wow 6lbs in 3 days? I weighed myself on day one and this is day two and I seem to have gained one pound. I will see how it goes tomorrow :(

ohh avoiding a bowl of sweets is a big thing, so well done there!! lol

Don't worry about the odd lb on first two days, as soon as you get into ketosis you will notice the loss big time. Also when it is the time of the month, you tend to weigh heavier, but as soon as you have your first weigh in once they are gone, you will notice the real loss. (not sure if that makes sense or not, hope so) Try not to weigh yourself to often, I know they say you should wait untill you meet with your CDC, but I wanted some motivation, so did my own on day 3, but wont do it again now untill I meet with CDC on Monday (however tempting it is) I think the surprise will be the best motivation.

Keep at it honey, it will be sooooo worth it xx:553:

Yes that did make sense, it's good to know :). I think if I do weigh myself it will be every 3-4 days instead of every day then.

Well day two is all but done and I feel a tiny bit hungry but fine overall, I hope tomorrow is as easy.

Well done you, I think tomorrow is your day 3?? if it is, for me day 3 was the easiest day over all. You will probably be in ketosis as that normaly starts day 3 or 4.

I am starving at the moment, as boyfriend is in the kitchen making toast and the smell is to die for,:sigh: so thought I would come on here for a bit and drink a gallon of water to stop the grumbling. But good thing is I have just completed day 6 of total SS 100%, so feeling very pleased with myself.

Glad you had a good day and are feeling positive. We CAN do this :D

Starvin

Im starvin too , my boyfriend is beside me having a pizza going to have a tea havent been able to stomach much water today but had loads of black tea keep up the good work girls x

I've just completed day4 of SS 100% and figure if i can do it then anyone can. Its not too bad as long as you get in the mindset that every day you stick with the shakes is melting the fat off your body and the real you will emerge sooner rather than later. And if you put it off it will all still be there to deal with mext year - pnly there'll be more to shift.

Just checked and you were right Jazzy, it's a bigger loss today as the scales say -5lb and its only day three :D. I won't weigh myself again until my weigh in now so it will be a surprise to me.

I'm just behind you ellafenella as I'm on day 3 of SS 100%.

Has anyone tried the banana shake? Not sure if it will be nice. The oriental chilli soup is delicious!

I'm feeling a bit weak but overall I'm happy.

I checked this morning and i am in ketosis wahay. Getting weighed tomorrow although it is only day 6 so be interesting to see the results. Good luck everyone this week. Banana tetras are nice - not sure about the powder shakes.

I've just completed day4 of SS 100% and figure if i can do it then anyone can. Its not too bad as long as you get in the mindset that every day you stick with the shakes is melting the fat off your body and the real you will emerge sooner rather than later. And if you put it off it will all still be there to deal with mext year - pnly there'll be more to shift.

Definatly a great way to get through it!! I have my weigh in tomorrow aswell! I just hope this has payed off x

Internet issues yesterday. It's day 4 now and I'm miserable. I'm not hungry or anything, I'm just getting depressed about the lack of variety on ss. I only like 4 of the shakes and soups and I'm on 4 a day so it's getting really boring to the point where I don't want to eat them.

Also they're quite salty even the sweet ones :(.

Good luck with your WIs both of you, mine is on Thursday.

Hey littletolose I found that i really didn't like any of the soups, shakes or porridge so i'm sticking to tetras which are actually quite nice.

I've just got back from my first weigh in and in 5.5 days have lost 9 lbs. A really good start. Also I've bought some summer berry drink mix which is really nice and makesvthe water far more interesting amd some mix-a-mousse so i can try and make some jelly. All in addition to my 4 shakes so it would be good for a snack in the evening. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back