starting line

hello all, here i am stepping up to the starting line, what a great group, found it a few days ago and am enjoying reading all the posts it has encouraged and inspired me, I have lots to lose and will be starting in a few days when i get myself organised, I am just working out food menus cos i know if im not enjoying what i eat i might as well give up now! also will get lots of moan and groans from rest of family cos they will be eating same as me. I went shopping after work to make sure have nice but healthy food, not much of the christmas junk left, my son is making sure of that..ha ha.. so come friday i should be ready for the start of my journey, It will be a journey of little steps because i want to be able to complete this journey rather that rush, run out of steam then give up.bye for now

hello all, here i am stepping up to the starting line, what a great group, found it a few days ago and am enjoying reading all the posts it has encouraged and inspired me, I have lots to lose and will be starting in a few days when i get myself organised, I am just working out food menus cos i know if im not enjoying what i eat i might as well give up now! also will get lots of moan and groans from rest of family cos they will be eating same as me. I went shopping after work to make sure have nice but healthy food, not much of the christmas junk left, my son is making sure of that..ha ha.. so come friday i should be ready for the start of my journey, It will be a journey of little steps because i want to be able to complete this journey rather that rush, run out of steam then give up.bye for now

Well welcome to you Littlesteps!! Good luck on your journey!! Come on here whenever you need a little bit of a booster!!:D

Tatty xx

hi little steps - love the name - looking forward to following your journey - what are your plans - will you be exercising as well

thanks all for the welcome, i have not picked a plan, shazza, im just going to take it meal by meal, and keep it healthy. i will be excercising by going on my running machine, all singing and dancing it is, gathering dust in the garage lol - and also my son has asked me to take him swimming - not to happy about going in swim suit, but a promise is a promise.
but i have decided to follow DQ's lead and rather than look at what i have to lose as a whole, i will tackle it 10% at the time, so my first goal will be to lose 25lbs

Sounds good to me - and dont worry about the swimming - after putting it off for years about getting into a swimming costume - Now love my aqua aerobics - there are not many people at the swimming pool that have perfect figures anyway so I wouldnt worry about it - just go for it !!!

Is that 10% of your total weight or 10% of what you have to lose DQ?

(I might be at University doing an English degree but as you can probably tell, my maths is pants!! lol)

10% of my weight. Can't remember where I read it, but apparently losing 10% of your body weight lowers your BMI by a point (or two). :)

hi all checking back in, started my diet thursday cos i was all ready and pointless putting it off, day two today and so far so good. Got home from work today and hubby had cooked tea..aw bless how fab to walk in to the food off my plan all cooked healty.:)

hope your all on a roll with your diets, and the new year has brought new drive and enthusiasm.

Im off now to try and find me one of those tracker.

Welcome Littlesteps, good to have another member of our fantastic club. Stick with us we are going places! xx

Hi Littlesteps

10% is a great idea, breaks it up a bit, think i need to look into doing this too! :D
Are you weighing yourself? or does someone do it for you? Im now toying with the idea of ww or slimming world to help me! not sure if i can be trusted to go it alone!

i notice that you all have abreviations for the diets, i cant work out what they are, would some one please let me know what they are or point me to a post that they are listed.

little steps

Last edited:
CD = Cambridge Diet
LL = LighterLife Diet
LT = Lipotrim
VLCD = Very Low Calorie Diet
SS = Sole Source (where packs are your sole source of nutrition)
AAM = Add a Meal week

Hope that helps! ;) Weekends are tough, but I love the idea of your hubby being your 'official weigher' :D

lots going all alround me, but managing to keep on track and stay positive. i too have had think about jumping on the scales but know that if i am doing well i will be tempted to think i can treat my self :( so will wait till thursday.

Back