Starting LL in May

Not looking forward to tonight, my scales haven't budged at all.

Have done badly I think and expect another small loss. I just can't get into the eating 4 packs and drinking 4 litres again, don't know why. It was so easy when i started but now I barely manage any water and probably only 2 packs at the most a day.

Helen

Perhaps you need to revisit some of the tools you learned in counselling Helen, try some thought records? Fingers crossed for u for tonite though

Yay me!!! I lost 3 bringing my loss so far to 3stone 1lb, am so happy about that. Counted all my left over foodpacks last night and I've got 100, spoke to my LLC about it and she was worried as I'm not eating all the packs a day (sometimes none) and not eating regular food either than I might be malnourished, so am definately trying to get back on the 4&4 from now on.

Only 2 more meetings and then on to Development - can't wait although a bit apprehensive with the new people, it took me 8 weeks to come out of my shell in Foundation!! Also read Tigergirls post about her feelings regarding Development so am thinking it may be a bit tough.

Helen

wooohooo 5lbs off this week. 1lb off three stone now in 11 weeks. I am now going onto development as our foundation group has now closed

well done Helen and Sharon on losing 3 and 5lbs!!!

Sharon, did you join your group late or why are you already moving onto development? Hope you will find it ok. Are some more of your group carrying on? I have another 2 weeks (wow, I can't believe it) until development. I really wasn't sure at the start whether I will make it this far. I am actually a bit nervous about it, with having read all the recent posts about development on here, and also because me and my family will go away on holiday 2 days after I start development.

When and for how long do all the other May starters go into Development?? Methinks I will have to carry on for another 3 months to really get to where I want to go.

I will have my weigh in tomorrow and will let you know how it went.
Hope you all have a great week

Julia
I joined the group late. Our development meeting is on a Tuesday night at 6 or 7.30. Some of the other ladies in our foundation group are going into development, one at 6 and three of us at 7.30 so we will still be together, at least some of us will be. I am not going tomorrow as I only went last night and I can't go next Tuesday as we are away so I am a bit scared to be honest. I am back on Thursday next week though so my LLC has said I can pop in on that evening for a weigh in and check ketosis just so I don't feel like I am totally out on a limb.

It was really a bittersweet experience last night to be honest. We have had such a great group and all got along so well. There were 9 of us finishing foundation which apparently is pretty good. It felt like the end of an era.

Felt quite bad, yesterday very tired and very cold, very fuzzy head and my fiance could see I was suffering and we've always agreed that I'll do this diet as long as I'm healthy and so I ended up having some pasta - this is possibly the worst thing I could've eaten loaded with carbs! but I felt so good after having it. But then I couldn't sleep out of guilt!

Penultimate weighin on Thursday! If I've put on I'll just accept it but I so want to get the extra 6 lbs over the next 2 weeks to make 3.5 stone in Foundation.

Helen

Back from hols ....

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your good wishes last week. Back from hols in Dublin and I'm afraid it didn't all go to plan and I had a few nice meals. Found it very hard to refuse my aunts when they had cooked something specially for me. Won't go into details, but I did enjoy it all and don't feel guilty - just disappointed.
So consequently I've put on 2lbs which my counsellor said was bound to be water which will shift quickly.
I'm back on 100% again since Monday, and though my mind wanders to some tasty morsels, I'm trying hard to shut out the chatterbox and stay strong. I want those 2 pounds off next week plus 2 more! The quicker I can shift this weight the quicker I can start to eat again is how I'm figuring it ....

Well done ladies for all your losses - how did you get on with your jeans shopping Eileen? The ones I bought last week are too loose now - I'm too used to buying clothes loose enough to allow for expansion rather than the other way round...
Good to see you back Julia and doing so well. Make sure you post your progress weekly even though you're busy. Tell hubby the computer's yours one night a week!

Sorry you're not feeling too good Helen, I think Sharon's advice about your thought records sound advice.

All for now ...

Trish

Welcome back from your hols trish, im glad you enjoyed it & dont worry a pound will come off easy enough.well done girls with all your fab loses I lost another 4 pounds this week so now ive lost 3st 1 pound on week 12 im pleased with that.
I went too get jeans but didnt like me in them, i have a long way too go before i will feel right.I got some trousers instead & a few more tops for my hols in two weeks, also i got a rain coat.I must say its a real buzz going to normal shops.
Just one probelm im having is ive got constipation it set in last week, never had it in my life always been the other way, anyway i got some dulculax,which is ok for now at the weekend im getting some psyillium husks which i found out about on here so ill give it a go.

Last edited:
ooops! I think I started a new thread instead of just replying ...

Well done Eileen,
3 stone gone forever - it's a great feeling isn't it? You'll soon be able to get into - and feel good in - those jeans so don't worry. Where are you going on hols? Are you intending to remin on LL?
I'm back on 100% again, but thoughts of food are popping in from time to time again - thank God for minimins ....

Yay I lost 2 last night, so 3 stone 3 pounds! one more session and then developers, v excited. I'm really tired all the time at the moment but I know that's because of not having all the packs and water the last couple of weeks.

Last night at our group there were only 3 of us and it was really cool, it sucked coz 2 of the others we all get on with weren't there but it was nice, Our LLC is on it at the moment and so she was feeling very bleurgh - she started on Monday - and so that helped coz she could really emphathise with us. Our class is 8-10 and normally we get weighed first off then get our packs, watch the dvd and then work through the book, but last night we just chatted about stuff to do with our weight and problems we felt it caused and our goals not just weight but career and personal ones and then got weighed at about 9.30. I really like the free and east aspect of all our sessions and we've stopped watching the dvds which is good as I get nothing out of them at all!!

Well done Helen,

Over 3 stones off - that's great. You must be seeing a big difference in your clothes now - do any fit you? :)

I like when there's just a few of us too as it's more informal.

I'm starting developers next week as I started late with the group, but no more DVD - Great!

Have a nice weekend everyone xx

I hope everyone has a good weekend, it would be nice if it stopped raining for a while.Trish we are going too Berwick On Tweed staying in a cottage so fingers crossed for the weather.Im hoping too stay on ll im going too do my best.
A funny thing thing happened today my oh took a photo of me & when we got home we were looking at what we had taken & i quite liked the one of me, now that is a first.

ick!!

Very mixed weekend, got home from work on friday to find my cat in a diabetic coma, the one day I hadn't got the car - major panic and crying form me an overnighter at the vets and lots of glusoce for him and he's fine now! I was so exhausted and emotional that I ate on Friday night I had pizza it was nice and I needed it and it calmed me down and stopped me shaking and gave me some energy but it was still bad, then ate on Saturday and on Sunday went to Cheshire Oaks shopping lots of lovely clothes for when I've lost a bit more weight!! and even some that fit now, which is amazing!! Also went and got measured for new bras was a 40DD now a 38E got 2 of the most unattractive bras but only £10 each and I can honestly say I have not been this comfortable in a bra for years!

Itw as hard shoppingas I very rarely do it and haven't for the last couple of years in other shop apart form Evans - so going into All Saints, Puma, Animal, Next and Gap was very daunting and I still felt like everyone was looking at me thinking I was very strange and in the wrong shop - even more so when at a small 18 I was buying size 14!!! The best buy was a lovely Puma khaki wrap look jumper, will look v nice was a white vest under, with jeans, but also good for work too!!

I'm off out for a meal tonight and then that's it, Thursday is my last week in Foundation and I start development next Tuesday. I need to get into those 14s I now have hanging up in my wardrobe!!

Hope you all had a good weekend - the end is nigh!!!

Helen

Good for you Helen and glad your cat's well again.
It's a great feeling getting into smaller clothes isn't it? I hope you're back on track now? No more eating! Back to 4 packs a day and 4 litres!

Eileen my reply to you has disappeared! But we'll talk soon anyway - good day here in London spells of sunshine and no rain so far. Have a lovely time in Berwick, I've only passed through it en route from Scotland, and it looks lovely. Any chance of you posting that photo of you? It would be good to see you.

For some reason I'm down today - about the diet. I feel I'm in the doldrums and stuck in the 14 stones for ages! I next have to start some serious exercise as I'm getting so much flabby bits which are less than attractive! Makes me feel horrible too. My age means I can't expect to look like some of the lovely young ladies when they lose all the weight - but hoping that some exercise will help. Unfortunately I've never been one for exercise and I'm not feeling the motivation. I need to psych myself up a bit. What have others found to help on the exercise front?

Good luck all May starters, and have a good week xx

It's so hard being stuck in one stone bracket for a while!! But when you do drop down it's an amazing feeling!!

Oh my god!!!! This morning I sneakily tried on my size 14 jeans that I got from Gap on Sunday and oh lordy I can get them on - ok ok I can't do them up (nowhere near)! But they get over my german shotputter thighs!! Am so happy!!

Last night went out for a meal (sshhhh) and wore my new gap shirt and have to say looked quite good! - need a belt for my size 18 jeans and my size 18 work trousers are all quite baggy!!

Annoying thing is I'm wearing clothes now that I got when I was bigger but were too small but I loved them and now they're all pretty much too small, I have a mock wrap top on at the moment which keeps exposing me if i move too quickly!

Helen

Congratualtions - it is a lovely feeling when you start shedding your clothes - until your bank balance starts screaming that is!
I am with you on the exposing myself problem - I have numerous tops that look fine when I put them on in the morning (standing up) but when I sit down - WOWZER - there are a number of shocked looking men who have seen more than they bargained for !!! (poor souls will never be the same again!)

hi trish ill get hubby too post my photos later, as im hopeless.Im glad your cat is ok Helen, i must have been awful for you.Im loving the shopping now, i feel as if ive come alive again.Im me not someones wive or a mum(even though i love been both).
At last nights weigh in i stayed the same, im ok with it as its happened before it sorts itself out along the way.I didnt take any bars last night as i cant face them any more.so im on vinillia with coffee, i love it.
I hope everyone has a great week, i think summer may have arrived at last, im going too sit in the garden.

Hi Everyone!!
Sorry, it has been a while again since I last posted but last week was extremely hectic, and also I had a friend stay over, so all those evenings where I could have sneaked 5 minutes to post where taken up chating instead...
Great to hear you are all doing well, from what I read there has been a lot of shopping going on. I must have looked so awful in my outfits that DH asked me this morning whether I would like to go out and buy myself some new clothes (of course I didn't refuse:D)

Despite having had quite a few milky coffees this last week (all legitimate, as I was on my milk week) I have been doing quite well and lost 2lbs at last nights weigh in. So one more week until my 100 days are officially over, and if I am a good girl this week I might make my 4 stones goal, which I set myself at the start.
I am somewhat feeling very nervous about the next stage, but will cross that bridge when I come to it, for now I will just focus on my last week in foundation.
Have a great week everyone.

Hi julia i just know how you feel im feeling the same, excited but scared.Im enjoying going too the shops again its been over 10 years since ive enjoyed buying clothes for myself.Im so mad ive been overweight for so long.
well done on your weight loss so far.

Back