Starting LL in May

Worst day of my life!!! Went home for lunch to check on the cat he was very dopey, took him to the vets to sort his glucose out and left him there and came home got a call almost straight away saying they'd foun dloads of tumours on his pancreas and liver and I went back and he was put to sleep at 1.30 this afternoon. I'm so shocked and gutted he has been so affectionate, I think he must've known, but it broke my heart.

Diet schmiet!! i know I'm going to have gained for the first week, and it's my last weigh in, but I really don't care I couldn't have got through friday/saturday and today with only 500 calories.

Helen

So sorry about your cat .... I know how you feel. Diet schmiet, indeed!

So sorry to hear about your cat. Coming so unexpected as well. Animals do become part of our families and of course you will miss your cat, so I wouldn't worry about the weight. Sometimes life just takes over and we have to deal with it the best we can.

Helen im so sorry too hear about your cat, im a animal lover myself we have a dog & cat they are a big part of the family.Take time too greave take comfort in the fact that you loved him & gave him a happy life.:hug99: for you, thinking of you.

Oh Helen - Poor you!
That's awful, but he didn't suffer and you had a chance to cuddle him before he went. Lots of hugs to you, you need them more than the diet.
:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

Thank you all for your nice comments, very much needed and appreciated! I'm going to my parent's tonight to bury him in their garden - it's a bit of a pet cemetary there! - So that will be upsetting.

Helen

Put one on last night, which was a shame as it was my first gain and my last week in foundation, but I'm ok with it because of the week I've had. And I've still lost 3stone 2lbs in foundation so that's v cool.

Developers doesn't start until the week after next as I'll be the only one there so am just having a sort of pop in on Tuesday to get my packs - yeah like I need more to add to the 200+ I've got in the cupboard at home! - get weighed and get my after pics done so I'll be wearing clothes that I look quite good in so that's jeans which I haven't worn for ages due to the weight of them!!

Helen

Helen

Hi Helen,
How are things? Did you get him buried ok? Get it all out of your system before you get back on - those 200+ packs will be there when you're ready.
Well done on your 3stone+ loss in foundation. I surprised myself too by losing so much in the first 3 months. It gives you hope doesn't it?

How's everyone else doing this week?

Yes thanks TT, we buried him on Wednesday night at my parents, in a really nice spot.

It's getting better but I still expect to see him all the time and look for him when I come downstairs in the morning, am so used to the routine of giving him his insulin and feeding him so that will take a while to go as it was obviously my main priority every morning. We made lots of plans for our future at the weekend and that was good as gave me lots of things to think about and take my mind of things.

Start development on Tuesday, although only 15 mins as it'll be just me there!! I'm totally back on track this morning had choc and vanilla for breakfast so will probably have another one after work and then later on this evening. Water is a problem nearly had 1 litre this morning but thats so not good enough, I want to try to get up to 6 litres a day, during development. Really want to get down to that size 14 soon!!! I'm just about at a 16, in some things but still 18 in others.

I think I may have put another couple on - the last week catching up a bit more, but I think it will be easy to shift that, just really hope I don't take my self back to under 3stone lost!

Has anyone else started development yet?

Helen

I have moved onto development Helen but I haven't been to a class yet. I should have gone last Tuesday but we were away so tomorrow is my first night at development

Im going into devolopment week after next as im away on holiday next monday, quite a few from our group will be staying so thats good.I hope ive lost this week,it will cheer me up, i dont like sticking.

A big hello to all you May starters!!
Looks like its development time for all of us pretty soon. My group officially closes tomorrow and then I will move onto development. I am really looking forward to finishing this first milestone, but know I will have a lot longer to go. How much more do each of you have to/want to lose?? I think realistically I am looking at another 3 stones but I will know for sure when I get there.
Let's just help each other through this next stage, which from what I have read can be a bit unsettling.
Hope you all have a great week. I will let you know my final weightloss for the 100 days tomorrow.

Hope your final class goes well Julia. Ours was very emotional and actually quite tough on us all, a kind of mourning process. I am doing development too and want to lose about another 6 stone

Hi Sharon!
I don't know what to expect tomorrow. about 3 from our group will carry on with development (there were only 6 of us left in the last couple of weeks), and we will be thrown into an existing development group (as far as I understand) which already runs on a Wednesday evening, so there will be lots of new people.
Did you have your before and after pictures taken already??? I am really going to get dressed up for this tomorrow, my new size 16 Next trousers will do just fine (although they are a bit tight to sit in but who cares...)
and then awaits the unknown....

I'm not sure what I want to lose weight wise, I know I want to be a size 14 but don't know what weight that will put me at. I keep seeing women out and about that are the same height as me and look how I want to look and I want to go and ask them how much they weigh and what dress size they are!!

My development group starts tonight but really it'll be next week as there's only me tonight so I'm popping in for 15 minutes to get weighed and have a chat and pick up some more packs - god knows where I'm going to put them!!

I sent off for a pack about becoming a LLC and it looks quite good so I might to to my counsellor about that tonight and the realistic implications of it. Basically at the weekedn we talked about what we want in the future and decided that in 2 years time I'm due to have my IUD changed so I'll just have it removed and then we'll try for a baby, I don't want to go back to work but I'd like to work for myself and I figured the LL would be quite good - having gone through the programme I know a fair bit about it, I know it'll be hard work so I want to know a bit more about it before I take the plunge and part with nearly 15k!!

Helen

I too toyed with the idea of becoming a LLC. I am still a bit undecided as the 14k really put a stop to my enthusiasm, and also the fact that there are quite a few LLC in the area already. I know HQ is keeping an eye on the counsellor/population ratio but my LLC told me about a LLC nearby who had to go out of business when HQ put three new ones around her area. It sounds like an ideal opporutnity though, and the fact that we've been through it ourselves should really make us quite good counsellors ;). If you think it's for you, you should go for it but be really aware of all the costs first. Definitely have a chat with your LLC, I found my one to be really helpful
Last weigh in tonight and then the long road to development...

I want too lose another 3 stone ill see how it goes.I worked out my bmi it was 43 when i started now its 34 so im pleased about that.I lost just short of 2 pounds last night, its going very slow at the moment, but at least its going thats the main thing.
I hope everyone has a great week.

Hello all the May starters,

Sorry I haven't been chatting over the last few days, I've felt a bit flat and I think it's probably to do with starting development.
My first session is tonight and now beginning to look forward to it so hoping for a bit of a loss. We have about 6/7 to go forward to Development though only 3 for tonight as it's holiday time.

I think we all deserve a group hug for all we've lost since May - so here's to us!

:grouphugg:

So far I've lost 4 stone and I need to lose at least another 4 yikes! But at least I know it's quite doable - just another 4 months..... Like everyone I'll probably see what I'm comfortable with - at my age (OLD!) I don't want to get too wrinkly. When I started out I had a BMI of 48 and now down to 38 which I know means I must be healthier and I bet my heart is delighted about it too. My knees hurt less, it's easier to climb the stairs at work and it's great fitting into size 18 clothes (well sometimes 20s). That's from looking for 24s or 26s which is a good feeling.

Well done Eileen - I'm just hoping I don't stick as I feel yuk and fat this week (I know you all know what I mean).

Julia, Helen and Sharon - good luck for your weigh ins this week.

Talk soon
xxxx

Lost 2 tonight which is cool as I've only been back on it yesterday and today and last time I was weighed was Thursday, and I wore my jeans which weigh 1.5lbs!!

Wore jeans as meant to have my after photo taken but she forgot the camera!! Didn't get a chance to talk to her about becoming an LLC as the management class came in so will ask her tomorrow when I get pix done!!

Helen

Oh well done Helen - especially after the traumas of the past week. Must gee you on now ... you'll look gorgeous in Feb too.

Hmm our LLC says we'll do an after photo when we get to goal - which is when we'll get our before photo also. Are you all getting your photos redone now at the start of development?

Had a very informal chatty meeting tonight as there were only 3 of us and next week we're changing to Wednesday and joining other developers and some maintainers also - so a bit more focussed I would imagine.

The good news for me is I lost 3 lb and when I looked at my ticker thing after adding my 3 pounds I'm half way! 59 pounds gone, 59 to go!! One of my goals was to have less to lose than I had lost so I'm delighted as I'm (hopefully) just one week from attaining that goal... If you had told me in April I'd be 4 stone lighter in August, I'd have looked at you funny - how times have changed for me ...

Feeling good in Trish's tonight! Another cup of coffee on the menu I think ...

:party0019:

Back