Starting LL soon

Casey

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Casey and I live in Kent.

I have an appointment to talk with a LL counsellor on Wednesday. I won't be starting LL until early February, though, due to me going on holiday to America the last week of January.

I've been reading through the threads and doing my homework on the diet. It's a bit scary thinking about surviving on under 600 calories a day but I'm confident this is what I need to do. I have 8 Stone to lose.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should eat just before starting LL to make my first week a bit less ugh! Anything to make it easier is much appreciated!

Looking forward to posting here more once I've started. :)

Hi Casey! Welcome!

I just started LL a week ago, and like you I had about 6 or 8 weeks before I began....and that I believe was truly beneficial. Use that time to get your head right around what you are embarking on. It is a big commitment, and it IS scary thinking about it.

If it's any use to you - it is NOWHERE near as scary as I imagined it would be. Get your focus on clear and strong and dive in with a positive attitude - and you CAN do it. I have not been hungry, and Ihave not struggled yet. I know there will be difficult days ahead, but this honeymoon period is wonderful. Its very freeing and inspiring andyou will get LOADS of support and help and encouragement and all sorts of good things at this forum....its a godsend it is!!

As for eating before the diet - best to cut out carbs as much as possible....that willhelp you with the withdrawal symptoms. Ihad my infor session 6 weeks in advance, and I just kep eating fairly normally, but because I was conscious of the diet I did not have any "last supper" (which truly amazed me - ususally before a diet I would eat for England lol) I believe that made a tremendous difference in my steps in to ketosis - I had only 2 minor headaches and a small lack of energy. Some folk have suffered with horrible headaches and feeling quite poorly - so the best you can do to prepare is limit the amounts of food you eat prior.

Where are you going in America?

Well, welcome aboard, dive in, get your feet wet, and before you know it you will be dropping those pounds faster then you ever thought possible!!!

Also, you don't need to wait till you start to post here - you will get lots of tips from all the experts and you will see amzing stories of success and that can only help bolster your confidence as you begin the program. I'm excited for you!
xx

:welcome:to the Lighter Life forum. You are on the right track planning ahead.

Like BL I investigated before going on holiday and didnt start till after.

Hope you have a lovely time in America and please join in, it is a nice place to be with like-minded people.:party0011:

One other thing - check out the inspiration slideshow - the link is in the blue banner at the top of the page....if that doesn;t fire you up I don;t know what will!! Truly amazing before and after pics!!! Proof this works!

Also there is a thread of before and after pics and that is quite motivational too!

Welcome Casey!

There seem to be a few new starters here recently, can't possible have anything to do with it being January, have a browse around a settle in.

Im on day 2 and find this board really great for touching base and focusing myself ;)

:tear_drop: :tear_drop: :tear_drop: :tear_drop:

Hi Casey - if you are actually away the week before starting - the good intentions may possibly go out of the window ! That's quite normal........

If you did cut out the crap and increased your water - I think you should be aware that you will NOT get that massive weight loss in your first week as other may do in your Group. If you can accept that and look at your loss from the time you weighed with your counsellor on your Information Session then as has been said - it's limiting your carbs alcohol and fizzy drinks and drinking loads of water to try eliminating withdrawal symptoms.
Hope that helps :)

Hi Casey, I didn't change my eating habits before starting LL at all! I found I was fine, a couple of headaches which paracetamols sorted out. It really isn't as bad as you think it will be! I was terrified but so excited!! I went on holiday the first week I started (I know ...crazy lady!) I went into restaurants and had one of my soups, the restaurants were fine (my hubby was eating so they didn't mind)
It's second nature now and I even managed to lose 7lb in christmas week! The amount you lose does help to keep you focused!! Good luck with it and enjoy ya holiday :)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Blonde Logic - I'm originally from Florida but I'll be visiting my parents in Kentucky in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Blonde Logic - I'm originally from Florida but I'll be visiting my parents in Kentucky in a couple of weeks.

Kentucky is beautiful - I love the Southern States - ex hubbys dad was in North Carolina. Its so green and lush. Have a wonderful time on your visit!! What brought you to the UK?

I came by marraige! :D

Kentucky is beautiful - I love the Southern States - ex hubbys dad was in North Carolina. Its so green and lush. Have a wonderful time on your visit!! What brought you to the UK?

I came by marraige! :D

Resurrecting this thread. :D

My British husband is from this area of Kent. Long story short... we met online (1999), he moved over to me first (2000), we got married, had kids (2001), decided to move here (2002), moved here (2003) and still here... 5 years this May. :D

Yes, thank you for asking! I started today! Doing ok so far. I'm sure I'll be on here every day for the support and to keep me from being bored! Food used to take up so much of my time...so sad. :)

Back