Starting my journey on Friday

anglounic

Hi everyone :wavey:
I'm a busy mum to two lovely boys and best friend/wife (to be) and business partner to my OH. We have a manically busy business that we run from home which between that and family life leaves no time to be concentrating on fiddly syn or points based diets which always fall by the wayside after a couple of weeks.
Have to admit I've been lurking on the forums for a while now. I found you guys in a very roundabout way - I was looking at Pauline Quirke's weight loss story and found out she had done it by following LL so I looked into that but couldn't justify the cost. I searched for similar diets and found this forum and have been hooked ever since! :D I think the complete break from food and using that time to re-educate and evaluate my somewhat dodgy relationship with food is just what I need. I have eight and a half stones to lose :eek: (a whole other person!!) so I'm in this for the long haul and know it's not gonna be easy at times, but hopefully a quick browse or post on here to know I'm not on my own will set me on the straight and narrow again.
Before I found you I was due to go on holiday to Florida end of Feb to early March and knew I had to get that out of the way first. I've read so many inspirational stories and diaries and I am raring to go. After a couple of attempts to find a chemist (Lipotrim might need to update their participating pharmacists on their site) I am now fully signed up and due to start on Friday. It's OH's birthday tomorrow and we are going out for a meal with the rest of the family so that's why I am waiting until Friday.
After comments I've read about the chicken sachets, I only got one of those and the rest all Strawb, Choc & Vanilla.
My pharmacist is absolutely lovely and has been on the plan herself with good 'here-to-stay' results so I'm really pleased about that. She mentioned I could make a 'fake latte' using black coffee and the vanilla shake which I'm intrigued to try, but I'm also looking for any other variations on how to use your shakes.
My word I've prattled on for a first-timer, sorry about that.
Looking forward to being an active member and starting my own TFR diary too.
All the best,
x :bliss:

Welcome anglounic:welcome2:

It is great your pharmacist is doing the plan as you are assured of wonderful support and understanding!

Enjoy your meal out with your OH and best of luck with starting on Friday!

Hi him and welcome :)

I've got about the same as you to lose (3stone lost to far) this forum is fab and will support you from the start. :)

I can't help with the different ideas for shakes though my mum used to have the vanilla with coffee and the chocolate hot but I only have strawberry and chocolate, both cold and I have to use a straw.

Have some distractions at the ready for your first week, keep drinking your water and keep your goal in mind as its tough until you hit ketosis but it's so worth it.

Good luck hun!

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome and enjoy your weightloss.

Thank you for your lovely replies everybody. :D
I'm now back from the meal and it was lovely, I savoured every mouthful.
I'm hoping work will leep me busy enough next week. If I do have any spare time, there are areas of the house that need decluttering and sorting so I suppose I could throw myself into that.
I'm getting more and more nervous the closer I get to tomorrow morning. I will be taking measurements and trying to take photos of myself in a swimming cossie so hopefully I can see the difference in a few weeks.
I've been amazed by the speed of everybody's weight losses on here. I know we're warned off any major exercise for the first two weeks, but does everybody do some sort of exercise that they didn't do before the plan?
Ang x

I'd love to do some excersize but I really lack motivation.
Be much better if I had a mate nearby who wanted to do some with me!

Today I went for a walk with my bf but that's not really hard excersize.

Hi! Welcome and good luck. I am on day 5 with about 1 & 1/2 stone to loose. I have lost 4lb in 4 days so far but am expecting that to slow down. I think the first few days are the worst, get over the first week and you should be fine!

Back