starting my journey this week.... :-)

nicki303

Hi all,

I'm new to this site so just thought I'd say hi :D

I've never tried a vlcd but seeing as my youngest is now 9 I thought it might be about time to get rid of that baby weight!! lol Been having a little nosey & really encouraged by how well you're all doing so have taken the plunge & ordered my 1st months supply of exante which should be here tues so I'll be ready to start on weds.... really looking forward to finally making the changes I've been wanting to make for so long & having a bit of a support network along the way... :)

Any tips for those 1st few days would be very gratefully received!

Nicola x

Hiya there love and good luck

1st few days make sure you drink that water, and spread the packs wisely through the day :)

Hi.... thanks :)

I do plan on drinking loads of water, I don't know how the shakes/soup packs work... is it possible to halve them so I can spread them out more??

Hi there, I do sometimes spread mine out. Like 1/2 choc shake in my first coffee & them the other half in another coffee mid morning. Makes me able to go longer til my lunch pack. I think whatever works for keeping you 100%

If you wont be starting until weds then now is a good time to start lowering your carbs so you shouldn't feel so rubbish the first few days and will get into ketosis quicker.
Also start upping your water intake so you can get used to that.
Remember that any extra water used in your shakes or soups counts towards your water intake.

Advice for the first few days....drink plenty of water and have early nights if you can as you may find you feel weak in the first few days so lots of sleep is great!

Hi bb... I actually started weds just gone so now at the end of day 4 :)

Not found headaches to be a problem but have been a bit tired & very hungry! The hunger pangs do seem to be subsiding a bit now tho so fingers crossed it'll stay that way! I've been drinking about 2 litres a day plus my coffees but going to try & up it to 3 next week... I have also been adding quite a bit extra in the shakes & soups & then splitting them so I have something more often which seems to be working 4 me :)

Thanks 4 your post,

Nicola xx

Best of luck with starting Exante. Once you get the first couple of days under your belt you'll be feeling good :) x

Good luck on starting your weight loss journey. The first few days are hard but then things get alot easier and the losses are totally worth the effort.

Good luck Laureil,
Once you get started you will be great, I am on wk 3 and loving it!

Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks 4 the replies everyone, I'm now on day 6 & so far so good! :) hope you're all doing well & get good losses this week, can't wait 4 weigh in on Wednesday!

Nicola xx

Good luck and well done for getting to day 6!!, your over the hardest part :) xx

Back